WHAT ONE OBJECT WOULD YOU GIVE YOUR SON OR....

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:19 pm
DAUGHTER?

Let's say you are not going to return from your journey. You need to decide what one object you want to pass on to them.
Perhaps a large box of plants, leaves and rocks, this would show your love for nature. How very important nature is to all of us. Then there are the collection of pictures you have taken through the years, of family, hard work on the farm, or the lively eyes of small children.

What one message do you want to share with your child?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 711 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 08:24 pm
Think for yourself.
Don't rush to judgement.
Don't expect doing the right thing to be comfortable or easy or to be rewarded for it but do it anyway.
Don't do anything they'll give me the rib about here in heaven. I have to be here forever.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 03:47 pm
Well blue.., let's try to select one item. EXAMPLE: In my college days, there was a delightful young lady I enjoyed. At one point, I moved from Anderson, Ind to Chicago, Il to continue my education. One fall day an 18 in by 18 in box appeared in the hallway. Addressed to Mapleleaf...from that young lady. I ushered it into my room , secured the door and set about ripping off the tape.

Forest smells appeared, even before I could pull back the sides. Grass, nuts, colored leaves, all those things that touched my soul, I was totally happy with the gift and thrilled that she knew me in this way.

That's what I mean by selecting one item to give your child. Something which speaks to your soul, something precious you wish to pass on.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 06:18 pm
Life is unfair- get over it.

There is no justice in this world- You win some, you lose some.

Mother Nature is capricious- Just when you have all your "ducks in a row", the dam breaks.

I think that if my son internalizes these basic concepts, he will be able to live a happy life, and be able to deal with whatever befalls him.
0 Replies