Rev Jackson's motivation

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:43 pm
au1929 wrote:
Lusatian
Haven't you learned yet that only white' people can be racist. Shame. Sad

strangely enough, raised in the south and having played in a number of all black groups (me being the only white at most of the gigs) i never had any problems, was never called a racist or any other name.

i had to move to "liberal" california for the pleasure of being called "viking", "blue eyes", "devil", "cracker", "white boy" along with being told that "niggahs can't be racists" by a blood messin' with his capper during a session with a big name rapper.

ya know what's really messed up about that? just a few minutes before, we were both laughin' hysterically over some silly $hit and gettin' along just fine till the posse shows up. then all of a sudden it was all about repin' the set.

moral of the story... hatred comes in all colors. Idea
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 12:50 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Phoenix32890 wrote:
It really pisses me off, when ....

So, get pissed.

Laughing

edgarblythe wrote:
I'm fed up with ....

So, get fed up.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:04 pm
Lusatian wrote:
The "Reverand" Jackson is a quintessential bottom feeder in his arena. A patented, and frequently foolish, demagogue he thrives on sowing racial strife, trumpeting trumped up racial slights, essentially ensuring that a racial wound is kept in perpetuity, as should he fail in his mission to incite and inflame America's black population, he himself would be relegated to appropriate obscurity. Jackson, and the host of other organizations, constantly trying to bring racial tensions to the forefront - and frequently to the boiling point - are some of the most insidious and detrimental factions in our country today. (Imagine if a white man was allowed to incessantly gripe about societies mistreatment of whites, condemn blacks as "agents of oppression", and champion criminals and miscreants with the defense of "police brutality - i.e. by black police officers", this individual would be dubbed a racist and isolated as would be appropriate).

Apart from that, how do you feel about him?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:11 pm
Here's Jessing mugging for the camera. He likes to use this photo to show off to women on the Internet just how tall he is.

http://www.10-7.com/humor/mugshots/jesse_jackson.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 03:56 pm
Saw Mr. Felos speaking this afternoon.

I am definitely re-thinking my view of Reverend Jackson's trip to Pinellas now.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 09:19 am
Say, Dutch newspaper I read today said that Ralph Nader, too, had come out on the family's side, against Michael and pulling Terri's tube. Anyone know about that?
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 01:31 pm
nimh wrote:
Say, Dutch newspaper I read today said that Ralph Nader, too, had come out on the family's side, against Michael and pulling Terri's tube. Anyone know about that?

yep, i saw him on the tube. it was pure nader. nothing much worth repeating though, since he just echoed what the reps and rtl-ers were saying.

just another in the long parade of media whores lookin' for screen time. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 01:46 pm
Did anyone else see Mr. Felos speaking about Reverend Jackson's involvement? Both of them went up in my estimation in those few moments.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 01:50 pm
There will soon be an opening at the Vatican. Maybe he can petition for the position.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:36 pm
The "Reverend" Jackson has his own flock to worry about. This should be no surprise. Everybody is pandering one way or another regarding Terry Shiavo. As there is a split within the conservative community regarding Terry, there is probably also an ideological split between religious zealots as well.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:38 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
nimh wrote:

yep, i saw him on the tube. it was pure nader. nothing much worth repeating though, since he just echoed what the reps and rtl-ers were saying.

just another in the long parade of media whores lookin' for screen time. Rolling Eyes

Yep. Nader got his additional 10 minutes of fame thanks to the suffering and inevitable death of Terri Shiavo.

He's more of a scum bucket now than ever before. Thank GOD he left my party (Green Party).
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:48 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Did anyone else see Mr. Felos speaking about Reverend Jackson's involvement? Both of them went up in my estimation in those few moments.

I didn't see it but my husband did. Apparently, Rev. Jackson was urging a reconciliation between the two families.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:59 pm
Reverend Jackson apparently doesn't understand the utter insanity and pure political motivation behind Terri's family, as they obviously haven't cared one bit regarding Tom DeLay and others using them for their own political advantage.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 08:11 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Reverend Jackson apparently doesn't understand the utter insanity and pure political motivation behind Terri's family, as they obviously haven't cared one bit regarding Tom DeLay and others using them for their own political advantage.

i don't really think that the shindlers even realized that was what was goin'down, dooks.
0 Replies