Rev Jackson's motivation

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:40 pm
Lights Camera Action! My position is determined by the amunt of face time I get.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,689 • Replies: 33
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:41 pm
Gives "strange bedfellows" new meaning.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:42 pm
Re: Rev Jackson's motivation
dyslexia wrote:
Lights Camera Action! My position is determined by the amunt of face time I get.

bingo!!! Although I'd probably have a better time hanging out with Jesse.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:44 pm
What a maroon! Just when you thought there were no more asses to be seen...
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:51 pm
Hmm, I see we all, so far, have voted that Jackson is the same as DeLay. I was tempted to vote "Worse" simply because Jackson has taken great pains to appeal to the working poor and has maintained a fairly liberal stance. Tom DeLay, on the other hand, is unabashedly corrupt and self-serving. Yes, Jackson is worse!! Is it possible to change my vote?
[size=7]I can make it worth your while, sweet cowboy.[/size]

Blueveinedthrobber, I agree about having a more interesting time with Jackson, but then I'm also from NM. Being from Roswell, you are most likely a little weirder, but not by much, I promise! LOL
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 03:59 pm
Oh puhleeze. Elmer Gantry is at it again. To me, the only "Reverend" who had less credibility than Jackson, is Al Sharpton. BTW, where IS old Al during all this storm and fury?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 04:49 pm
Roswell is way weird, Diane. They keep pet tumbleweeds.

Uh, why would anyone use "motivation" in the same paragraph as "Jessee Jackson"?
0 Replies

rodeman

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 05:20 pm
Isn't Jesse a little late to the party..........??
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 05:49 pm
I voted number three. I have always liked Jesse and always will.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 06:08 pm
What I can't figure out is why he appears in the scenario at a time guaranteed to be too late. Surely, her body must have sustained irreversible damage going without food this long.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 06:24 pm
Jesse is looking for a cause, any cause to get his name in the news. He hasn't yet realized that his time as past. The reverend Al, from the church of who knows what, has supplanted him.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 06:58 pm
jesse's motivation is always the greater glory of jesse.

at least al hung out with the godfather of soul. heyy-ya, good gawd !
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 08:36 pm
Jackson is aware of polls showing that his stance is not popular; still, all you geniuses of interpreting Jackson's every move in the lowest possible terms think his motivation is self serving headlines.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 09:13 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
Jackson is aware of polls showing that his stance is not popular; still, all you geniuses of interpreting Jackson's every move in the lowest possible terms think his motivation is self serving headlines.

sorry edgar. we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. i just don't think the guy is coming from a real place anymore. Confused
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 29 Mar, 2005 10:19 pm
I'm fed up with seemingly reasonable people attacking his every move. Anybody in the spotlight long enough will exhibit some flaws; I think it's a masked bigotry that says, attack at will anytime his name comes up.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 02:25 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I'm fed up with seemingly reasonable people attacking his every move. Anybody in the spotlight long enough will exhibit some flaws; I think it's a masked bigotry that says, attack at will anytime his name comes up.

maybe it is for some edgar, not for me. i don't have some burning hate for the guy or anything, just don't see that he goes out of his way to actually initiate anything over the last several years. i'd like to see him do that as i was a fan.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 04:18 am
edgar- It really pisses me off, when someone does not have a reasonable counterargument, the old bugaboo, "bigotry" gets trotted out. To me, Jackson is no more than an opportunist, who thrives on media coverage.

The reason that I think that he is worse than DeLay, is because however awful DeLay is, he is putting his ass on the line, politically. Jackson, on the other hand, has nothing to lose, and can breeze from one issue to another, until he finds one that is to his advantage.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 05:46 am
So, get pissed.
0 Replies

Lusatian

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 07:56 am
The "Reverand" Jackson is a quintessential bottom feeder in his arena. A patented, and frequently foolish, demagogue he thrives on sowing racial strife, trumpeting trumped up racial slights, essentially ensuring that a racial wound is kept in perpetuity, as should he fail in his mission to incite and inflame America's black population, he himself would be relegated to appropriate obscurity. Jackson, and the host of other organizations, constantly trying to bring racial tensions to the forefront - and frequently to the boiling point - are some of the most insidious and detrimental factions in our country today. (Imagine if a white man was allowed to incessantly gripe about societies mistreatment of whites, condemn blacks as "agents of oppression", and champion criminals and miscreants with the defense of "police brutality - i.e. by black police officers", this individual would be dubbed a racist and isolated as would be appropriate).
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 08:13 am
Lusatian
Haven't you learned yet that only white' people can be racist. Shame. Sad
0 Replies