Pittsburgh for the rest of us

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:19 pm
Horrible events happening around the world and we get yet another example of hate within our borders.

This happens and we get a fountain of tears from the people who every other day supports the like of Farrakhan who has expressed his hatred of Jews repeatedly. The same ones that support Hamas and the Arabs throughout the Middle East who want to wipe Israel of the map.
Yes, it's true that is not all Muslims, or all Arabs, or any other extreme you are going to jump to. Let's rid the world of all hatred instead of just doing the outrage of today.

It's not the gun's fault that some asshole decided to use it. Let's not start another thing about guns, we have enough of that.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 1,818 • Replies: 34

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:45 pm
Who are the people to whom you refer? Do they post at this site? Is this just a field full of straw men? It certainly is in execrable taste.

https://betanews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/straw_man.jpg
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 12:55 pm
@Setanta,
In my nine years at a2k, I have yet to come across any regulars (or even one shot/one post new members) advocating for the Nation of Islam or the American Society of Muslims (remind me if you come across a thread involving this advocacy and my posting to said thread).

Farrakhan and Farrakhan fanboys aren't a thing here (or anywhere liberals and progressives gather around these days).
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 01:08 pm
Take away the high capacity guns, make violent rhetoric aimed at fostering violence an enforced crime. Quit making excuses for the slaughter of so many persons.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 01:48 pm
@Setanta,
The media and liberal elite. Thought that was clear, or did you think I had you in mind?
McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 02:03 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Farrakhan and Farrakhan fanboys aren't a thing here (or anywhere liberals and progressives gather around these days).

Are you sure about that?
engineer

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 02:20 pm
@McGentrix,
It's very disappointing that in the groups you mentioned, you didn't mention the groups whose adherents actually shot up that synagogue or recently sent bombs to politicians.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 02:30 pm
@engineer,
O.o

Sorry, I'm a one trick pony that only berates liberals and their ilk.

(*SIGH* That statement was written tongue in cheek as an attempt at humor that you didn't find funny because the stick up your ass won't allow it. I am neither a pony, nor do I only do one trick. I am an actual person that has a wide variety of opinions.)
engineer

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 02:43 pm
@McGentrix,
Quote:
Sorry, I'm a one trick pony that only berates liberals and their ilk.

Ok, I'll ignore the one trick part and the pony part.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 04:43 pm
@McGentrix,
Do you have any examples of this?
InfraBlue

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 04:44 pm
@McGentrix,
Ditto.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 06:03 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

Do you have any examples of this?

for example:

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 29 Oct, 2018 06:05 pm
@McGentrix,
Not only was that not clear, I think you're just back-peddling to cover you butt on this one.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 06:28 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

Not only was that not clear, I think you're just back-peddling to cover you butt on this one.

lol. Nope. Problem here lies in the fact that some A2K users are so wrapped up in themselves that they believe everything must be about them, when in reality they weren't even thought about.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 06:34 am
I did not for a moment assume it was about me, keep your snide remarks to yourself. Because you did not make it clear that you had anyone other than members in mind, I asked you to whom you referred. Lol (what an idiot response). The problem is that some members here project their own failings onto others.
McGentrix

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 06:42 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I did not for a moment assume it was about me, keep your snide remarks to yourself. Because you did not make it clear that you had anyone other than members in mind, I asked you to whom you referred. Lol (what an idiot response). The problem is that some members here project their own failings onto others.

Case in point, I was talking about tsarstepan. Yet you believed I was referring to you. Also, snide? I would have used much different vocabulary were I being snide. You've seen it before.

See how I referred to you there?
livinglava

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 11:55 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Horrible events happening around the world and we get yet another example of hate within our borders.

This happens and we get a fountain of tears from the people who every other day supports the like of Farrakhan who has expressed his hatred of Jews repeatedly. The same ones that support Hamas and the Arabs throughout the Middle East who want to wipe Israel of the map.
Yes, it's true that is not all Muslims, or all Arabs, or any other extreme you are going to jump to. Let's rid the world of all hatred instead of just doing the outrage of today.

It's not the gun's fault that some asshole decided to use it. Let's not start another thing about guns, we have enough of that.

More and more I think that these acts of terror are somehow caused as a part of some larger covert war that's going on. Obviously that's conspiracy theory, and I can't guarantee that every atrocity that happens was part of some such war effort, but it just seems like they could be and, for whatever reason no one feels the need to take responsibility for them.

In general, I think all acts of terror promote the cause of stronger central government. Liberty is an ideology of decentralized self-governance by responsible people. As long as liberty seems to be working, strengthening central government would be unnecessary/superfluous. However, the more liberty seems to be failing at achieving widespread peace, prosperity, and sustainability; the more impetus there is for increasing central governmental power.

This doesn't mean that everyone who seeks to increase top-down/central power is also in favor of provoking chaos and violence among free people. Many centralists may simply see it as being too difficult for people to self-govern in a modern world with so much complexity. On the other hand, however, there may also be people in the world who see opportunity in strengthening central governmental power and thus procure terrorism for that reason.

Still, how can we discern when an act of terror is part of a conspiracy to achieve political goals beyond the immediate atrocity, and when it is just an act of hate motivated by prejudices within the mind of a lone individual, and/or possibly in collaboration with others who are purely motivated by hate and not other, more calculated, political goals?
InfraBlue

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 12:25 pm
@McGentrix,
Yes, these people need to denounce and distance themselves from Farrakhan because he's an anti-Semite.
Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 01:01 pm
@McGentrix,
This is just more bullsh*t--I was the first one to respond to your thread, and Tsar had not yet posted in the thread. Once again, I did not assume that you were referring to me. We were discussing the OP, it seems to me that you're attempting to shuffle the posts, just in order to "score" a debating point.

In reference to the OP, as I have already said, it was not clear to whom you referred, which is why I asked to whom you referred. At that point, Tsar had not appeared in the thread. Are you having trouble keeping track?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Oct, 2018 01:02 pm
@livinglava,
to divert ones attention is the hallmark of magic , as well as any McG response post. Did Louis Farrakhan shoot some Jews this weekend?
I did not get the STORMFRONT memo?

0 Replies