Now This Kids Got A Pair

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 08:00 am
10 year old Charlotte arrested and cuffed for trying to walk in a glass of water to Terri Schiavo. I think he's on the wrong side of the issue but give the little guy his due, that was pretty ballsy for a 10 year old.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/050325/480/cho10603251929
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 579 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 08:44 am
The link has expired, but I am familiar with the story.

IMO, it is unconscionable for parents to involve a 10 year old in the Schiavo brouhaha. It was not ballsy of him. Ten year olds reflect the wishes of their parents. If the kid were 15-16, I could agree with you.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 08:58 am
I'm afraid I must respectfully disagree. Although I do agree the parents are idiots for placing a ten year old in the midst of such a potentially explosive site, the kid's got the stones. You can't take that from him.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 09:13 am
I have to agree with phoenix. Once, I sat in a jury, hearing the case of a couple that chained their infant to the door of an abortion clinic. In the process of removing the chain, they broke the "jaws of life" and had to sue the couple for damages. Why parents put their children in potentially dangerous situations I don't understand.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 10:18 am
edgarblythe wrote:
. Why parents put their children in potentially dangerous situations I don't understand.

Because they're too chicken to do it themselves.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 10:20 am
I believe they think they are making a statement more folks will pay attention to, but it has the opposite effect on me.
0 Replies