Drug Dealers in my complex

dupre

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2018 03:43 am
So, I have drug dealers in my duplex complex of all kinds. Trespassing dealers meet up in the parking lot and exchange and leave. Buyers have dealers who deliver to them. Resident dealers meet with people in the parking lot. Resident dealers get in their car, deliver, and return. There's much more to tell, but it would take a book, so I'll post and see where your advice can take me. The police are investigating. I did ferret out the trespassing dealers and asked them to leave very nicely and most did without any issues. But this activity of mine alarmed neighbors who are dealing (I did not suspect that they were at the time). So now, there is a lot of tension. I had my car window smashed. I've been harassed, yelled at, dog poop in my yard, lied about, etc. mostly by four neighbors. Moving is not an option. Right now, I am staying far away from the home I am paying rent on. I'm with relatives. Anyway, do you think these dealers retaliation will escalate if I go home and mind my own business at this point? Most of the trespassing dealers are gone and that was my original intent. And the police will certainly handle the rest in good time. They are actively investigating. How long should I stay away? This is a very small town and I imagine all the dealers and users know each other. I can't eat there, I can't get my car worked on there. I don't trust anybody there right now except the law enforcement.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2018 07:44 am
@dupre,
I would plan to move out. Is that possible?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2018 07:56 am
@dupre,
I'm with Max. You have got to do what you can to try to leave. If it means breaking your lease, then you break it. You're not living there, anyway. Your stuff can go into storage if you need to couch surf for a while. Make sure it's a storage place with a physical security presence and you get to use your own lock(s). Visit every week or at least every 2 weeks to make sure everything is still secure.

As for the rest of it, we really have no way of predicting what drug dealers will do. You are a threat to their livelihood and they have been responding in kind. I don't honestly think they would stop retaliating until you leave. So you may as well leave before you get another smashed window.
dupre

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2018 08:46 am
Thanks for answering. The thing is, a multi-unit task force just brought down two entire cities around us in the last two months. The force is all in place. Since I know about the investigation going on, I can interpret some recent happenings in that light. For example, the huge truck stop was, in my opinion, recently wired for surveillance and the smaller one too. The cell tower is acting up for folks and probably has a stingray. I mean, they aren't just doing my little street. They are doing my little town. I think this won't take long at all. I happen to live in a drug free zone, so anyone there dealing is going to be charged with a felony and is going away. The cops know all about the harassment.

In fact, I save on of their children who was lock in a hot car while the using mother was inside asleep.

I doubt that anyone there will link this investigation back to me. Heck, all I did was talk to a few people in the parking lot, one of whom was actually an undercover cop. I got an email to stop, because that was interfering with the investigation. I feel awful about that, but did some googling and really that does happen, so I feel better about it now.

This area is right along a main distribution route for drugs from Mexico. I researched all about how they go about investigations these days.

I feel absolutely certain the cops will get them all and soon.

Moving out really isn't an option right now and I want to stay. I spent a lot of money fixing up my backyard to be awesome.

I think that if I go home, I can just stay in the duplex or the backyard and not come out at all. Since they are right next door, they will know I am there, but I don't think they will do anything, because doing so would expose them to more scrutiny than they want.

Two really obvious dealers in my complex have already moved out of the county with an initial police effort. That's when I got the retaliation. Then, things died down and it's been back to business as usual, except without the trespassing dealers.

I know you guys can't predict anything. I don't know what kind of advice I'm looking for here. Maybe just a chance to talk to someone about it.

My options are to stay away for as long as it takes up until May (I'm an online student right now, so I can actually do this). Or to go home and hide out inside my place, which is okay too. I pretty sure my street is under constant surveillance, so if anything did happen, at least there would be some footage. I just don't think it would come to that in this really small town. Everyone knows everyone here. Well, I don't, because I am fairly new to the area.

Thanks for reading this and letting me talk it through.

Let's say moving is not an option. What would your advice be then?
0 Replies

dupre

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2018 11:29 am
@jespah,
Can you please delete this thread? Thank you.
0 Replies

daverod

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2018 08:44 pm
@dupre,
Quote:
So now, there is a lot of tension. I had my car window smashed. I've been harassed, yelled at, dog poop in my yard, lied about, etc. mostly by four neighbors.

a battle between 'friends' of allegiances?

Quote:
I did ferret out the trespassing dealers and asked them to leave very nicely and most did without any issues. But this activity of mine alarmed neighbors who are dealing (I did not suspect that they were at the time). So now, there is a lot of tension. I had my car window smashed. I've been harassed, yelled at, dog poop in my yard, lied about, etc. mostly by four neighbors.

Seems as if they are more afraid of dealing with Law than you are.

I'm not alluding to anything but have you ever been in Juvenile Detention?

In criminal justice systems a youth detention center, also known as a juvenile detention center (JDC),[1] juvenile detention, juvenile hall or more colloquially as juvie, is a prison for people under the age of majority,

----

The age of majority is the threshold of adulthood as recognized or declared in law. It is the moment when minors cease to be considered such and assume legal control over their persons, actions, and decisions, thus terminating the control and legal responsibilities of their parents or guardian over them. Most countries set the age of majority at 18.

what is not 'criminal' about these but 'criminal' about drug dealing?

I had my car window smashed. I've been harassed, yelled at, dog poop in my yard, lied about, etc. mostly by four neighbors.

Property damage (or, in England and Wales criminal damage) is damage to or the destruction of public or private property, caused either by a person who is not its owner or by natural phenomena. Property damage caused by persons is generally categorized by its cause: neglect (including oversight and human error), and intentional damage. Intentional property damage is often, but not always, malicious.

Intentional property damage may be considered a form of violence, albeit one usually (but not always) less reprehensible than violence which does bodily harm other living beings. For example, allowing a pacemaker to fail or a well to become poisoned may qualify as both property damage and lead to bodily harm. On a similar note, certain forms of property damage may prevent bodily harm, such as breaking a piece of machinery that was about to injure a person. Some argue that property damage signals a willingness to do bodily harm or otherwise intimidates the free flow of communication in political or economic debates. Mohandas Gandhi was of this opinion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Property_damage

Malice is a legal term referring to a party's intention to do injury to another party. Malice is either expressed or implied. Malice is expressed when there is manifested a deliberate intention to unlawfully take away the life of a human being. Malice is implied when no considerable provocation appears, or when the circumstances attending the killing show an abandoned and malignant heart. Cal. Pen. Code ยง 188. Malice, in a legal sense, may be inferred from the evidence and imputed to the defendant, depending on the nature of the case.

In many kinds of cases, malice must be found to exist in order to convict (for example malice is an element of the crime of arson in many jurisdictions). In civil law cases, a finding of malice allows for the award of greater damages, or for punitive damages. The legal concept of malice is most common in Anglo-American law, and in legal systems derived from the English common law system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malice_(law)
0 Replies