Why we are not perfect

MJB919

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 03:08 am
I've heard many christanity religions frequently remind us that we are all sinners, there is no such thing as innocent suffering, and nobody is riceous. I personally find this illogical. I do believe god is perfect and makes all the right calls and one of those calls are not making everyone perfect. If everyone were perfect his world would have no purpose. People make mistakes in life and if god is merciful as he is said to be he wouldn't be punishing us for making mistakes. I'm saying everday mistakes that some religions classify as mortal sin though I won't get into detail. God created heavon not just for a reward for doing good things but also to destroy death so if you have a family or friend who loses his or her life you will always know you will see that person again. That is why I believe the only people who go to hell are those who do very very bad things like kill innocent people , live thier lives through crime sprees with no sense of emotion and never ask for foregiveness. If the only people who went to heavon are those who were living thier lives "supergood" god wouldn't be merciful. Keep in mind that hell was not originally meant for us. It was meant for fallen angels who betrayed god. I've heard religious people say this. Which is all the more reason that to go to hell you have to be very evil.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,585 • Replies: 207
No top replies

inner peace

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:29 pm
we're not all perfect for so many reason .....
0 Replies

Seeker

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2005 01:40 pm
Hell and punsihment
Not really sure I believe in Hell at all. I mean, why would God decide to create a world, put some humans on it and see how they do, then torture some of them if the don't do it right? Question
0 Replies

MJB919

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 12:29 am
I don't know how hell was created but I think it was originally meant for fallen angels
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 01:38 am
We are not perfect because evolution does not demand perfection, just that some of us are good enough to survive and reproduce. Our hard-wired biological urges sometimes lead us to make bad choices and harm others, and cultural conditioning is not always sufficient to restrain our desires.

The belief in God, heaven and hell is one of the ways our culture uses to coerce us into behaving properly. It is not logical that a perfect God would create flawed human beings and consign them to hell for behaving exactly as he designed them to, but we must eschew logic if we want to believe most religious tenets.

Why do you suppose that some people are bad? Were they born that way? If so, they should not be punished for something that was not their fault. If you think that they "chose" to be bad, why do some people chose good and some evil? There must be something different in their physical makeup, their experiences, or their souls that determines their choices. In any case, if God created everything, he is solely responsible for every choice that we make because he is the one who endowed us with our imperfections and is the root cause of every experience.

If God created angels who would ultimately fall from grace, he must have given them the flaws or cause that would lead to rebellion. Why do you suppose he did that? Boredom, or what?
0 Replies

MJB919

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 05:55 pm
Terry wrote:
We are not perfect because evolution does not demand perfection, just that some of us are good enough to survive and reproduce. Our hard-wired biological urges sometimes lead us to make bad choices and harm others, and cultural conditioning is not always sufficient to restrain our desires.

The belief in God, heaven and hell is one of the ways our culture uses to coerce us into behaving properly. It is not logical that a perfect God would create flawed human beings and consign them to hell for behaving exactly as he designed them to, but we must eschew logic if we want to believe most religious tenets.

Why do you suppose that some people are bad? Were they born that way? If so, they should not be punished for something that was not their fault. If you think that they "chose" to be bad, why do some people chose good and some evil? There must be something different in their physical makeup, their experiences, or their souls that determines their choices. In any case, if God created everything, he is solely responsible for every choice that we make because he is the one who endowed us with our imperfections and is the root cause of every experience.

If God created angels who would ultimately fall from grace, he must have given them the flaws or cause that would lead to rebellion. Why do you suppose he did that? Boredom, or what?

I don't think god creates people who are meant to be evil. The way people act is a result of who they are with and what is around them. Since society isn't perfect some people are either mislead or brainwashed into doing crazy things.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 07:57 pm
MJB919, yes, sometimes evil actions are caused by life experiences but other people are born with flaws in their brain wiring or chemistry that lead them to commit atrocities. Do you suppose that God deliberately made them that way, or did he simply fail to correct the flaws inherent in his creation?

Why do you suppose some angels rebelled? Were they misled or brainwashed by other angels? If so, what caused those angels to foment rebellion?
0 Replies

MJB919

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2005 08:21 pm
Thats a good question. Even if somebody is born that way they can still be helped. Some are sent to theropists or sometimes boot camp. So just because they are born this way doesn't mean they are a gaurunteed threat to society. Maybe the devil has a slight affect on the human race. Thats just me though. As for his fallen angels. It makes no sense for god to create an angel to betray him so the angels must have rebelled for thier own created reason. I'll have to read one of those stories to come up with a better answer. What does everyone else think?
0 Replies

inner peace

Reply Mon 28 Mar, 2005 02:47 am
Terry wrote:

You are right on ..... we are all not perfect because in our culture the way we live the strongest.... and the weakest have the ability to survive and reproduce.... unfortunatly this is probably why the aids epidemic is so prevalent in africa because there is not enough educational programs going on over there to prevent the spread Sad
0 Replies

Distracto

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 04:44 am
There is a truth to everything. Each person has their own opinions, and each person has their own reality.

One man admires a famous entertainer as being a successfull human life. Another mans opinion is that a famous entertainer is someone with a talent, such as extraordinary singing or acting abilities. Yet another sees a famous entertainer as someone who has gained power, money, fame, and leadership in a way that is unworthy of the status as morality spokesman...spread by widespread media, and onefamous entertainer feels that he is the only real important man on the face of the earth.
In each mans reality, these ideas are fact. And they ARE fact...because one mans reality is no less fact then anothers.
None of these ideas are facts in a reality combined for all of society..... how could they be?
they are simply individual opinions.

I wonder if God is dissapointed that people often dont realize that the only TRUTH about an idea, profession, action, etc. can be only found by researching His laws... in which he has given us all the tools and clues that are needed.

His laws are all connected intriquitely together, and it only takes the slightest bit of tampering.... and the whole creation is damaged to the point of devastating consequences.

God finds great joy in people finding their own opinions, with things like beauty, inventions, art, etc. because these are not the creations of God, but the creations of his creation.
There are some creations by the created that God is ashamed of, because they were not created in the realm of Gods TRUTH of creativity and imagination. Instead they were concocted for a personal gain of some kind...attention, money, shock, power, etc.

The ring of perfect existence that God has created for us in our universe has allways remained injured by mankind, and only the first human has seen this unspeakably perfect creation as it was meant to be.

Adam was the first man to make his own reality, and he formed the opinion that it would be allright to make his own choice even though it was disobeying God.
Adam formed this opinion without researching Gods laws of perfect life and existence(THE WORD).....and his own created reality was the beginning of HUMAN CREATED....
....pain, suffering, death, shame, sadness, vanity, hurt, torture, ridicule, jealousy, anger, hate, hunger, sickness, ignorance, selfishness, poverty, trickery, scandal, wastfullness, evilness, resentment, etc etc etc etc

God created us in His own image, in other words, He has the same emotions, the same desire to find beauty, the same desire to create clever inventions, the same desire for love, joy, happiness, the same desire for family and friendship, the same desire for eternal life and peace.
It is our nature to desire these things, and to try to avoid; and fix away all the other bad human experiences with our worldly laws.

Our Father God set out to create a ring of perfection for His children that would not involve any negative physical experiences.

Until mankind realizes that only God knows the formula to the ring of perfection and life(THE WORD), then we will be stuck here trying ignorantly to make our own rings of laws.... attempting to use our opinions and individual realities as guidelines.

Remember how each individual has his own reality? and there is no logical combined reality?
Then how on earth could these problems be solved by our democratic ideas...we are amplifying the break down of Gods laws for future generations by making everything as descent and fair and humane as possible.
How?
Our generation is paving the way....by beginning to allow the removal of all traces of GOD from our schools and governments.
After all, its not fair to the feelings of the people with manmade religions...if they have to send their children to a public school that celebrates Christmas with a nativity scene childs play.
The young future recipients of our world are allready being taught the "better,new & improved" thinking that will involve the fairest possible "reality" for all.
Equal fairness and opportunity for all religious denominations...regardless of origin.
One day it will be illegal to give a choice between a boy or girl toy in our fast food kids meals....We wouldnt want to differentiate sexes and be unfair now would we?

How shameful that we are the children of God, and we are nothing but completely self concerned with only our own feelings. We are not only decaying in our own self importance, but we are putting other people and ourselves on a level of more importance than GOD!

LEVEL OF IMPORTANCE IN OUR REALITY
1.Ourselves
2.Others
3.God

LEVEL OF IMPORTANCE IN GODS REALITY
1.God
2.Others
3.Self

God wants us know that he is not ignoring us when we ask those questions so vital for some in deciding whether we want to accept or deny the belief in God.
It is time that people realize.... God is not ignoring us when we ask.... why has he allowed horrible sensless murders, worthless drunk drivers who smite young lives so beautiful and pure, the rape of our babies? Why did he not speak up if he was not ignoring us?

WELL.....Have we ever listened to HIM? Or have we as a whole, allways decided to do what we want and leave Him out of our opinions and realities???

We are ready to admit to you LORD FATHER, we are not capable of helping ourselves, We beg you to help us FATHER, we have allowed the evil and terrible experiences into our lives ourselves.
It was only You who wanted to show us how... to not know of such things.

There would be no need/desperation for us to have our attempts at manmade organized governments if there was no selfishness in our hearts....

and we all admit that having you FATHER, back in our human lives is what will make every one of us rich with all that we have ever needed to survive for eternity.
YOU FATHER will satisfy every human need, from thirst and hunger, to the needs of being loved and treated with equal respect.

It is time that we let GOD know!!!, that we have learned our lessons, and this time His perfect creation will work....we are ready for Christ to return, and to glorify His rule over His creation in the only reality that was meant for us!!!

We have chosen to live our lives alone, lost because of our own "greatness"

...we have proven to ourselves that we were wrong
...we needed to go through the self learned experiences, (just like teenagers)
...failing time and time again until we finally learned...
...we are about to hit rock bottom, and there is no place left to hide, no more options or possibilities of fixing our worlds sickness....without YOU LORD!!
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 03:36 pm
It is interesting to me that those who disagree with you are merely proclaiming their opinions, while you alone are the sole purveyor of Truth. You may be right, but you may also be wrong. Tangent, sorry.

We are not perfect because the idea of 'perfection' only exists in the realm of human thought. We invented the idea of perfection because we have the ability to think abstractly. It comes as no surprise to me that we will never be something that does not exist (except in our minds).
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 07:55 pm
"we are not perfect?"

what's this "we" $hit?

i am perfect right on down to my imperfections.
0 Replies

NoNe

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 05:46 pm
I do not know what The church tells his followers, But it is not far from the Truth. As I believe Sinning is not as bad as not being sorry after sinning. We are all born pure and free from any kiNds of sins into this world, but there is Satan(Shaytan, Iblis, Ahriman. however u guys call him) who tries to trick us, using our weak points and put our souls into a suffer in the Hell. So, There is not such a thing as if u sinned u will go to Hell and there is no way back. The thing People should understand is-God loves his creatures more than a mother loves her kids, more than one can love himself. God is more than happy to Forigive our sins than we can imagine. All we need is to realise that it was wrong, and we do not want to do it again-THAT'S ALL! What can be nicer than a kid who was a drug addict and decided to go to College after so many years of waste? It is something like that. Well, I am a sinner. I do a lot of stuff God Prohibited. Sometimes I get sad When I realize that I am making him probably sad and hurting him, But at the same time I never try to protect myself finding reasons why I made a mistake. I made it, and I am strong enough to admitt that I was wrong. I love God, and I know that he is Higher than People around me. He is not the one who will blame me for the mistakes I did once I am sorry from my heart and do not want to continue that life style. He will not say, I forgive u, but hey, used to drink once in a while with ur friends, tried weed and some other stuff which I told u not to do.
Well, fellahs, I am Muslim, so My points of view are built according to Islamic Teachings, and If ur point of u is different, I would love to hear it=))
0 Replies

brahmin

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 06:28 am
i dont thnk we are imperfect - unless by perfect you mean someone who plays chess like kasparov, runs like carl lewis, does physics like einstein and writes like kalidas.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 04:14 pm
Will someone please define what a perfect human must do to be perfect?

If all humans were perfect would they be clones?

If there was no conflict how could you have progress? Conflict breeds innovation and invention.

If everyone was perfect there should not be any conflict.

What a boring world that would be.
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 05:34 pm
xingu wrote:
If all humans were perfect would they be clones?

Since perfection is such a subjective term, it seems that whoever created the perfect humans would have to be consistent or risk being imperfect. So, yes.

xingu wrote:
If there was no conflict how could you have progress? Conflict breeds innovation and invention.

If everyone was perfect, there would be no need for progress. To where would we be progressing? Innovation and invention are useless to a perfect species.

xingu wrote:
If everyone was perfect there should not be any conflict.

What a boring world that would be.

Presumably, if we were perfect we would not have the capacity to be bored.

Just pointing out the subjective and totally illogical nature of a concept like "perfection." There is not and never will be any such thing, except in the realm of thought.

------
"The artist who aims at perfection in everything achieves it in nothing."
-Eugene Delacroix

Maybe God just tried too hard, and screwed everything up? Wink
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 06:00 pm
Quote:
If everyone was perfect, there would be no need for progress. To where would we be progressing? Innovation and invention are useless to a perfect species.

There is a difference between a "perfect species" and perfect behavior. When speaking of sinning we are speaking of perfect behavior, not a perfect body which will live for eternity.

Quote:
Just pointing out the subjective and totally illogical nature of a concept like "perfection." There is not and never will be any such thing, except in the realm of thought.

Agree but conservative Christians believe such "illogical nature" is possible. Why else would they create a mythology in which a Jew becomes a God and dies for the imperfections of all humanity?

Were not Adam and Eve perfect until the serpent enticed the woman to bite the fruit?

Which brings up the groaner;
Will an apple a day keep the serpent away?
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 07:22 pm
xingu wrote:
There is a difference between a "perfect species" and perfect behavior. When speaking of sinning we are speaking of perfect behavior, not a perfect body which will live for eternity.

Interesting perspective, although I agree that we were not referring to the perfection of flesh. I would say that perfect behavior would be incorruptible. Another definition of "perfect" would be a person who is incapable of being imperfect.

xingu wrote:
Were not Adam and Eve perfect until the serpent enticed the woman to bite the fruit?

I have the opinion that Adam and Eve were not ever perfect. Perfection would involve perfect resistance to temptation, which they obviously did not have. Of course that brings up a bigger question... Why would God intentionally create us as imperfect beings? Maybe the other creations were too boring for him.

Perfection is certainly not interesting to us, so why would it be interesting to God?
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 07:23 pm
Humans were created with physical and moral perfection (and free will). The disobedience of the Edenic pair caused them to lose that perfection so that it could not be passed on to their children.

If you believe the bible, that is.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 07:37 pm
Fortunately, I don't believe in the Bible (the reason being is it makes no sense). That allows me to have an open mind and question everything. I have the freedom to choose what makes sense to me and not be blinded by irrational dogma.
0 Replies