Question about old case -1990's

Reply Sat 13 Oct, 2018 10:54 pm
I hope someone can give me an answer. Back in the mid/late 90's I took my daughter's father back to court to have her placed on his health insurance. The hearing examiner did this, however she reduced his obligation amount to reflect what he paid for the premium. Anything not covered was prorated between us. My current fiancee now tells me that should not have been done , that he should have been made to pay the full amount. Looking online, I can only find info on this from the last few years. Nothing I can find goes that far back. I hope I am not finding out now that I was treated unfairly - btw, we are in New York State. Answers???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 764 • Replies: 1
No top replies

neptuneblue

Reply Sun 14 Oct, 2018 06:25 am
@labgirl68,
Child support calculation is a total amount that is necessary as an equal contribution for raising a child. Since medical care is a split cost between both parents, your x is only culpable for 50% of the premium. Therefore, his total child support payment will be reduced to reflect the calculated CS amount.

At the time of my divorce in 2007, I paid for the family medical insurance. The x paid for the difference between a single and family policy minus 50%. That amount then was reduced from his total CS obligation.

So no, you were not treated unfairly.

0 Replies