Husker in the hospital again.

husker

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:01 pm
wonder if my head is spinning due to blood pressure, sugar, or adrenalin
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:03 pm
Low blood sugar can make your head spin.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:14 pm
I'm no doctor, but from my personal experience as a diebetic, when low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) hits, the wooziness is accompanied by a cold sweat. I always carry a package of chuckles, the consumption of which brings immediate relief.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Wed 6 Apr, 2005 06:16 pm
flyboy804 wrote:
I'm no doctor, but from my personal experience as a diebetic, when low blood sugar (hypoglycemia) hits, the wooziness is accompanied by a cold sweat. I always carry a package of chuckles, the consumption of which brings immediate relief.

I just shake my head hard to clear my vision and keep moving on.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 12:06 am
As PO'd as I am- right now once I get over the PO - it'll be behavior modification on the diet - low carb and low salt and exercise as soon as possible.

I'm willing to bet ALOT they screwed up the test - I cannot tell you how many times I've been checked and all been negative for diabetes or even pre.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 11:44 am
Do your own blood sugar test, Husker. The new contraptions they have on the market now really take the pain out of the finger stick. Fasting is simply the way to get an average of the highs and lows.
0 Replies

flyboy804

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 01:02 pm
Fasting does not take an average but allows for a constant base for comparing readings taken on different days. The averaging comes from the A1C readings, which I believe require special equipment, provide an average of the last 60-90 days. In my case , for instance, my pre breakfast glucose reading is usually between 95 and 120, My pre dinner reading is usually between 130 and 165, depending upon at what time I had a mid afternoon bagel or slice of pizza. (Obviously I'm not adhering to a diabetic's diet.) Oh, and my A1C reading, which I get every three months from the doctor, is stuck at 7.1. He'd like to see it below 7.0 but I won't cooperate- too old.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 05:41 am
What's the news?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 07:49 am
concerned. Please be better real soon.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 10:38 pm
I talked to Husker tonight in the hospital. He was anxious to hear from someone, I think. We had a long conversation. Typically, he spent a lot of it talking about how much worse off a lot of other people are. He's in good spirits and they've gotten his fever down from 103 to 102, then they iced him down hoping it would reduce it more. I'm posting updates on the "Healing Husker @ Home" thread. If anyone wants his phone number in the hospital, PM me and I'll give it to you. He'd love to hear from you guys.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 10:40 pm
Thank you, Eva!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:06 pm
Just spoke to Husker. (thanks, Eva). He is feeling a bit better, but is very bored. (I consider that a very good sign.) The doctor said that he is not going home tomorrow. They feel that he still needs to be in the hospital.

He is keeping busy by doing some work right from his hospital bed. He sends his regards to all of you.
I know that he would appreciate calls from other A2Kers.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 07:12 pm
just pm'd eva
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 08:34 pm
Good news, thanks for the update, Phoenix!
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 07:55 am
If you need some venting, yell at us. At least we'll listen and you know we're on your side. Not only that, we'll answer. I know what it's like to feel that you and the doctor are not on the same page.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:13 pm
oh I been venting on my family - with a migraine spawned from my chemical imbalance. I say I'm sorry alot,then say don't asked me any questions that cause me to respond.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:18 pm
Hey, boy...
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 10:27 pm
oh I wrote a bunch of stuff on "healing husker at home"
0 Replies