should marijuana be legalized??

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 02:23 pm
what do you think??? should marijuana be legalized?? or not?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 22,824 • Replies: 364
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 02:25 pm
Why not? We have far more leathal and dangerous substances out there that are legal now.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 03:10 pm
Absolutely.. But I think under the same regulations and consequences of alcohol. For recreational enjoyment, there should be a minimum age to purchase and consequences for abusing it, ie.....if pulled over while driving and one is under the influence, then the same repercussions should be in place as are for driving while intoxicated. Workplace standards should still be enforced. If you're not allowed to drink on the job, nor should you be allowed to smoke weed on the job.

I have witnessed a lot more altered states in the negative behaviour related to alcohol than I have ever seen with weed.

For those who are in need of a stronger medicinal grade, they should be able to get a prescription from their doctor, without the doctor having to face reprimands or possible loss of their license to practice medicine. Prescriptions could be filled at anyones regular pharmacy and be covered under prescription plans. There are a ton of much more lethal medicines prescribed every day by doctors, but because they fall under the regulated controlled substance laws of the FDA, the doctors can and do prescribe these medications. Oxycontin anyone?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 03:11 pm
along with every other recreational drug, yes.
0 Replies

RiNgPoPs N gLoWsTiCkS

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 03:27 pm
i did oxycontin once.....he he he it was crazy
0 Replies

RiNgPoPs N gLoWsTiCkS

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 04:10 pm
man made beer, god made pot....

who do you trust????
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:23 pm
Personally (that is, selfishly), I would assume it were legal. But I do think a government is well within their right to control substances.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 10:28 pm
Quote:
For those who are in need of a stronger medicinal grade, they should be able to get a prescription from their doctor, without the doctor having to face reprimands or possible loss of their license to practice medicine.

The entrepreneurs produce much better stuff than the medicinal folks. That's been my experience, anywho.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:37 pm
Yes!
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 11:54 pm
I don't think it matters. I habitually smoke ganj and I'm not shy about buying it or smoking it while driving around. I've been pulled over, driven through road blocks, didn't feel the least bit of anxiety. It isn't a big deal, if I do get busted the worst punishment will come from Mother, not Law.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 05:38 am
patiodog wrote:
Quote:
For those who are in need of a stronger medicinal grade, they should be able to get a prescription from their doctor, without the doctor having to face reprimands or possible loss of their license to practice medicine.

The entrepreneurs produce much better stuff than the medicinal folks. That's been my experience, anywho.

Like those really ultra sticky, hairy, skunky buds? Makes you almost drool thinking about it. And actually, I agree with you...or at least I think I do. I have never had the medicinal variety, so I don't really have anything to compare my experiences to. I presumed, perhaps errantly, that the medicinals would be of higher grade....like USDA Prime Choice or something.

Maybe I should go and post this on the "Learn Something New Everyday Thread" too! Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 06:10 am
I wish I had an opinion here. :wink:
One should never have an opinion on a public forum when one had past ahhh, misunderstandings.
But, having said that, weed, when used responsibly , will mellow out the entire nation. Way too many people wanna define and argue every word, eeeaaassssyyyy.
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:03 am
I'm gonna go with "Maybe?"
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:14 am
maybes good, no commitment in maybe, yet it still conveys a sense of the beneficial properties of weed.
COOOL
0 Replies

smog

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:18 am
Yeah, it has a sense of the beneficial, a sense of the detrimental, and I love leaving options open, since I hate agreeing to anything, so the maybe with the question mark seems like the best answer to a lot of questions. It also tosses the question back to the person who asked it, taking a lot of the burden off of me. All in all, I'm satisfied with my answer.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:48 am
Government issued extra strength weed.....my god....it's like the Holy Grail of Grass.

Can you see it in the stores, in a little tin, next to the Tylenol?

The ad would go something like this.......

***Why take Tylenol and just get rid of a headahe? Smoke some weed and have a good time while you rid yourself of that pesky headache!! (Now in Extra Strength) ***
0 Replies

RiNgPoPs N gLoWsTiCkS

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 03:47 pm
lol
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:27 am
Don't legalize. Thakes the fun out of everything.

But seriously, legalizing marijuana will lead to taxing, regulation laws and all that devilry. Better to leave it as it is were it not for the unwanted effects of an illegal distribution system.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:39 am
I believe if alcohol is legal then pot should be too... how many times has someone been drunk on pot and killed people... though some believe that pot can cause you to kill people will driving, I agree to an extent....

It is more natural than tobacco!

0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 07:46 am
I have a sneaking suspicion that even if pot were legal, employers would still test for it (i.e., and not allow its use).
0 Replies