Does Bush's religious faith inappropriately dictatate policy

BillW

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 12:08 pm
http://images.ucomics.com/comics/bo/2003/bo030614.gif
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2003 10:31 am
http://workingforchange.speedera.net/www.workingforchange.com/webgraphics/wfc/TMW-06-18-03.gif
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 07:36 am
Does Bush's faith inappropriatetly dictate public policy?

Well, Betty Bowers obviously doesn't think so:

Is President Bush a Homo?

http://www.bettybowers.com/graphics/bushgay3.jpg
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:47 am
Bush
Is he as queer as a 3 dollar bill? Embarrassed
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 08:59 am
I am more inclined to think of Dubya as asexual, neutered if you will.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:18 am
I think of him more as having a low sexual drive..........well, low drive in general..........so rather than neutered, I see him more as being used by those who have more drive than he. I think he may have been born this way. Religion fills these voids for some people.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:27 am
How can you drive when you are being ridden? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:29 am
Seldom do I disagree with Lola (who knows a lot more about this than I do), but the signals I pick up are not "low sexual drive" but "undeveloped, incoherent sex drive." Or "unused sex drive." I don't think he's a free man and it takes personal freedom (among other things) to have sexual fullfillment. Are we possibly edging towards the same thing, and the disagreement is less than I first thought?
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:35 am
Tartarin,

Such things are difficult to diagnose at a distance. But, yes, I think he's underdeveloped, inhibited (that's hung up) and used.......... pussy whipped, that is (I know that was a bad word, but necessary for poetic balance) and probably just not as smart as many. But I could be prejudiced on this one.

Laughing
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 09:56 am
Well, we could armwrastle about who's more prejudiced about Bush, thee or me!! It's interesting to compare, generation to generation, Bushes and Kennedys. The ignoble, shunned Boston Irish Kennedys, parvenues, corrupt, spawned totally different kids and grandkids from the upper-middle Connecticut/Maine Bushes whose wealth came from equally dodgy places as that of the Kennedys, whose politics were fancier on the surface but just as dirty underneath. Prep school, Harvard/Yale, pretty much all of 'em (though neither family was in the Social Register I notice). No legacy and lots of idealism on the Kennedy side, once you get past the granddaddies, but all smash-and-grab on the Bush side... Notable military service, too, on the Kennedy side, when you think about it.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:01 am
we can share that prejudice, Tartarin. There's plenty here to go around.

Very Happy
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:07 am
Ever wonder what this world would be like if GWBush was not a christian, but was elected president anyhow? c.i.
0 Replies

Ethel2

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2003 10:18 am
that would require that Bush had been elected in the first case, and would he have squeezed himself into the door without his under the table deal with the fundies? I don't think so. But yes, it's a good question c.i..............surely it would be a better place now. Sad, but true.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 04:31 pm
According to Abbas, immediately thereafter Bush said: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

"Roadmap is livesaver", Abbas tells Hamas

Q.: What's the difference between Osama bin Laden and George W. Bush?

A.: Osama didn't need the Supreme Court's help to be installed.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 04:46 pm
PDiddie
Quote:
According to Abbas, immediately thereafter Bush said: "God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

That is frightening there is no one more dangerous and than someone in power who believe he talks to God.
In most instances they are put in the asylum. We on the other put this one in the White House. I have heard the expression the inmates are running the asylum. But I never really expected to see it.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2003 04:55 pm
"In most instances they are put in the asylum. We on the other put this one in the White House. I have heard the expression the inmates are running the asylum. But I never really expected to see it."

LOL, Au! Right on target!
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 01:06 pm
Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson urged his nationwide audience Monday to pray for God to remove three justices from the Supreme Court so they could be replaced by conservatives.

"We ask for miracles in regard to the Supreme Court," Robertson said on the Christian Broadcasting Network's "The 700 Club."

Robertson has launched a 21-day "prayer offensive" directed at the Supreme Court in the wake of its 6-3 June vote that decriminalized sodomy. Robertson said in a letter on the CBN Web site that the ruling "has opened the door to homosexual marriage, bigamy, legalized prostitution and even incest."

The same letter targets three justices in particular: "One justice is 83-years-old, another has cancer and another has a heart condition. Would it not be possible for God to put it in the minds of these three judges that the time has come to retire?"

Judging from the descriptions, Robertson was referring to Justice John Paul Stevens, who was born in 1920, and Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who had colon cancer surgery in 1999. The identity of the third justice was unclear.

ABC News.com

Quote:
A 21-day "prayer offensive" directed at the Supreme Court.

Yes, I cannot imagine much of anything more offensive than that... Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 01:11 pm
This is the same person who put a pox on the southeast and said a hurricane came because of their collect sins. I know who he prays to - Satan himself!
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2003 03:02 pm
Just think there are many in the US that follow and support him. That is the real tragedy.
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Wed 16 Jul, 2003 09:38 am
Satan's word is very sly and reprehensible - it has even taken over the highest office of the land :sad:
0 Replies