who can help me?

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:57 am
im a chinese student learning english for several years,but by now i can't exactly know the meaning that everybody's here postmessages,i feel disappointed very much,and i don't know what can i do to improve my english.i know you all are good guys,maybe some of you can help me.i think i will be active here in the forum,so please point out my mistakes of grammar,i'll thank you very much!

and i can tell many things about china to whom love china! Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,562 • Replies: 24
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:01 am
Where is China?
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:24 am
Welcome max. Gustav is teasing you. He is the child of two MENSA geeks and knows everything to know about China
0 Replies

maxbright

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:29 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Where is China?

oh my god,are you serious?
China is in the East of Asia!

go to the site below:
http://www.xingtaico.com/chinese/location/world.htm
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:31 am
Ahhh, thanks maxbright. Now that you have established credibility, I believe we are on the path to becoming friends. Welcome.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:31 am
JB, who is also from China uses this thread

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35386&start=320

to work on his English
0 Replies

maxbright

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:35 am
do you know Yao Ming?
he is the most famous sports athlete now in China,almost everyone is the Rocket fans now,so am I!but actually i don't like McGrady very much.
0 Replies

maxbright

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:39 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Ahhh, thanks maxbright. Now that you have established credibility, I believe we are on the path to becoming friends. Welcome.

i think i will learn a lot from you! Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:42 am
Max, asking if we've heard of Yao Ming is akin to asking you if you're aware of a great stone wall undulating across your countryside. It's there...it's obvious.

He's here.... he's obviousl.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:44 am
I put that L at the end of the second "obvious"as a test. If you noticed the mistake you are well on the way to grasping English.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:46 am
Yao Ming is a big star in the USA NBA. McGrady is very talented also.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:47 am
maxbright wrote:

Be careful of what you wish for , Max
0 Replies

maxbright

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:54 am
I noticed that 'L',i have a english translate software that can translate currently for me.
but...i dont understand the message you posted exactly.

gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Max, asking if we've heard of Yao Ming is akin to asking you if you're aware of a great stone wall undulating across your countryside. It's there...it's obvious.

He's here.... he's obviousl.

i must go to school to sleep now,i will be back tomorrow,i loved the forum very much Very Happy

i'll answer ur question when i get its meaning. Razz
0 Replies

maxbright

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:58 am
panzade wrote:
maxbright wrote:

Be careful of what you wish for , Max

Oh,what does it mean?
i wish for friendship and improving english of course,making friends with people from other Country is very good to me,i feel so happy to meet you all. Very Happy
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 08:00 am
We're pleased that you are here. Sleep well.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 10:57 pm
Max - if you want to understand Gustavratzenhofer you need to look up the following words in your dictionary: Joker, Jester, Trickster.

English is a very difficult language. I have been speaking it all my life and I doubt I could help you very much with the grammer.
0 Replies

maxbright

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2005 09:34 pm
Green Witch wrote:
...I doubt I could help you very much with the grammer.

oh then what should i do to improve my english ?

in my community there is no one talking in english,i could only learn it from textbooks,but i think that's not enough at all

i think the best way is to communicate with you in this superb forum,am i right?
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 08:16 am
I think the best way is to speak in person with an English speaker. However, I think it is also possible to learn from a forum like this, it's like having a pen pal. I had a Japanese pen pal when I was young and I learned a lot about Japan. She told me it helped her English. I did not learn Japanese.

Do you have access to English radio or TV programs? Films with subtitles? I think it helps to hear the sounds of a language over and over, even if you do not understand the words. I think you should also try reading stories in English. Maybe books meant for older children or teenagers. It would do for you what it does for kids, it would expand your vocabulary and help you see how language is used.

I am very sloppy about writing when I am on the internet, it is meant to be fast. I will try and be careful when communicating with you and I will be happy to help you the best I can.
0 Replies

maxbright

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:35 pm
that sound interesting to me for i havent had any pen pal from other countries ever before(or ever since?).sorry for my curiosity if i could ask you the question that are you still in contact?(is the sentence right?)

yes, i love watching movies of english but i really can not understand what they are talking about at all without subtiles.

now im going to take some important exams to get the permit to be a postgraduate,so i have few time reading such english books.

that's very kind of you to give me such many good suggestions,i really thank you!
if there is any mistakes in my words,please point then out for me. Very Happy

btw,could i know that where are you from?could you tell me something about you and your family?
0 Replies

maxbright

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 07:53 pm
i think i shoud tell you something about my family to show my sincerity.

i am the only one of my parents,as you know,China has a large population so that it is fobidden to have two or more children.in my childhood,i cant feel any brotherhood.we kids in china city used to catch bugs in grassland or pick vegetables on mountains.when i came to grandpa's house,i liked all the pastimes that countryside kids did such as catching fishes in river,fishing frogs with hooks,play with dogs and cats and chicks.i really loved those happy days!
but all those days have gone away and now i have to study hard every day.
0 Replies