David Spade is a dickhead....

DrewDad

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 02:54 pm
SNL Tries Penile Implant

It's been a while since Saturday Night Live regularly inspired an "I can't believe they did that!" reaction in viewers, but the March 12 show came pretty close.

http://a330.g.akamai.net/f/330/2540/1d/www.broadcastingcable.com/articles/images/BCST/20050320/SNL_Spade_nose.jpg
Here's a bigger image.

Keen observers of a sketch about a celebrity roast of Clint Eastwood might have noticed something peculiar about how the show's host, David Spade, was made up to look like Owen Wilson.

His nose looked like a penis. Not 'kind of like a penis'; it looked like a urologically-correct appendage, right down to what we believe is called the dorsal vein.

We took a digital photo of the screen image (posted above), and showed it to an NBC spokesman, who said, "I don't see what you're seeing," which made us wonder if we just had a dirty mind. But, no: A source at the show confirms that Spade was indeed fitted with a penile proboscis.

"It was hilarious," says the source. "Owen Wilson has a bad nose, but not that bad." Our SNLer was surprised that we had detected what amounted to an inside joke.

Indeed, when viewed on a medium-sized TV, Spade's customized schnozz is not that obvious. But in this case, size does matter: On the large-screen TV we happened to be watching, it was as plain as the whatever that is on your face.

All of which may help explain why the FCC reports that they have not received any complaints about the sketch. Not even from Owen Wilson, whose publicist declined to comment. Mr. Spade's rep did not return a request for comment.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 863 • Replies: 4
No top replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 03:30 pm
That image will haunt me to my dying day.

It looks so horribly real.

I once had to work with an unfortunate woman whose nose had been removed due to cancer. Her anger at her situation took the form of not wearing her prosthesis, in order to gross people out. While I understood, she succeeded admirably.

People ought to be grateful for the noses which evolution has given them - odd though the human proboscis is - and not mess around by affixing genitalia to their faces.

What if the wind had changed?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 03:33 pm
One wonders about runny noses and tissues....
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 03:34 pm
If THAT nose ran, a condom would be in order.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 03:58 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

That is FABULOUS!!! HILARIOUS!!! He he he....
0 Replies