How to ask "How to ask [...] in Russian?" in Russian.

seir

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 12:30 am
Hello,

How would you ask how to say a specific word in Russian, in Russian? That is, I want to ask in Russian: "How do you say [...] in Russian", where the ellipsis is some random english word that I wish to learn how to say in Russian.

The closest I can figure is: "Как ты говоришь [...] по-русски?" I'm not sure if this would be the correct way to phrase the question, though--Я плохо говорю по-русски.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 541 • Replies: 2
No top replies

SerSo

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 11:23 am
Re: How to ask "How to ask [...] in Russian?" in R
seir wrote:
Hello,

How would you ask how to say a specific word in Russian, in Russian? That is, I want to ask in Russian: "How do you say [...] in Russian", where the ellipsis is some random english word that I wish to learn how to say in Russian.

The closest I can figure is: "Как ты говоришь [...] по-русски?" I'm not sure if this would be the correct way to phrase the question, though--Я плохо говорю по-русски.

Thanks

As simple as this: "Как по-русски [...]?" - What's the Russian for [...]? I think you can read Russian, but for others who are probably interested I would add that it sounds like "Kak pa roosky [..]?"
0 Replies

seir

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:13 pm
Ah, simple indeed, and shorter too ^_^

Спасибо!
0 Replies