I feel like a lost soul sometimes.

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 04:39 pm
I'm laughing at you, Nimh. Kind of like you were kicky or something.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 04:50 pm
hey kick. Im about 15 years loder than you and I was that way most of my life , mostly cuz I couldnt keep from always stopping to study the stuff in front of me and then Id go off on a tangent( or a habit , or a marriage) . The way you should look at it ,is KEEP NOTES cause your lifell make one hell of a book someday. Especially if you get offed in some Italian Restaurant while youre finishing your book. I mean, is that irony?

There is no screenplay and plot line (except in retrospect). The fact that you live in NY, I would eat a dog turd to live in NY (at least for a while). Ill bet that youre so sensory overloaded that you dont even know it.

Did ya ever think of commiting the perfect heist?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:00 pm
kickycan wrote:
I'm laughing at you, Nimh. Kind of like you were kicky or something.

oooh thats just mean. nobody ever laughs at me like that. not that i know of, anyway.

(its just the wind howling as far as i am concerned)
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:04 pm
<cackling wildly>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:07 pm
Thanks for stopping by, farmerman. I have thought of writing a book, but unfortunately I have the attention span and discipline of a three-month old spider monkey. The upside of that is I am getting very good at flinging my poop with great accuracy.

Yeah, I would have eaten a dog turd to live here too. And then I did. And I'm glad I did. I still don't know how the hell I am ever going to be able to deal with living in any other city after this. It really is different here.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:11 pm
oooh, you can train us to fling poop at the a2k meet in april. i can't wait!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:12 pm
You got it, babe. Should I bring some extra for you, or will you be supplying your own turds?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:13 pm
i don't poop. ever.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:14 pm
Of course not. What was I thinking? No woman has ever pooped or farted, EVER. I'll bring extras for you from my own collection.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:16 pm
thank you, you're so kind.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:26 pm
djjd62 wrote:
the worst part for me is, i still feel like i did when i was in high school, i still get excited by new music, the latest video game, i have less and less in common with my adult contemperaries, i don't want a mortgage, wife, kids, rrsp, car, cottage, boat none of that crap

i want a psp, a great collection of japanese horror flicks, more comic books

NOOooo kidding. Tell me about it. All these people around me, theyve gotten into talking about work even after work - I was with my friend in the cafe the other night, the friend I go out to play Go with, in another pub, and I was complaining - cause they were gonna renovate that place you see, some other guy bought it, I'm terrified he made it all trendy and loungy, havent gone back yet - so anyway, the last night the place was open there everyone was, talking to each other about where they would go now if it turned out they wouldnt be welcome here anymore afterwards - so, i was telling my friend about that, told him about how, later the same week when i had to be in the neighbourhood, i tried the new arthouse across the road instead, they got a cafe, and it was awful, im telling you. Here there was a person talking to an understanding woman about someone he had had to "let go", there they were talking about project applications, two snobs in the corner were "you knowing" about how (not) to shoot a movie. God. It was then i realised that the time i always get to my normal cafe, is about noon - which, in this cafe, meant lunch people from the office. <bares teeth>. So, i'm telling my friend about this whole experience, right, i said, and there were all these people talking about, god, management or something - and he was: oh, like we were now? <stunned> And goddammit it had been truue, we'd met out of work, i'd told him everything about the logo we had had designed and all the troubles that came with it, discussing options in photoshop, and then he'd talked about his job search and, having once been a technical man at the broadcasters but recently (shortly befor eeveryone got sacked) done this retraining into a manager, he had applied for this middle-management job at a library, and so we'd talked about how best to manage a library's public outreach and stuff - fuk if it wasnt true. Thats what wed done, for like an hour up to that! Where can i still find some folks who just wanna talk - i dunno, music? something? Bullshit?

Thats something i'm worried about re: budapest, actually - its a well-known (reputed) org, so people who've come to work there will (i'm guessing) by rule be the ambitious type - plus, theres the whole expat bubble you get stuck in - with all these other office people from aborad talking, i dunno, management ... yeah. I gotta find myself something practical to do there. Here i can do handiwork for my party the odd time, but no point getting into their politics when i get there ... perhaps some volunteer work ... or i just gotta learn hungarian soon and find some locals to hang out with or something. Or go photographing, trekkinbg round town with my camera, that would be cool.

kickycan wrote:
unfortunately I have the attention span and discipline of a three-month old spider monkey

Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:33 pm
nimh, when does the new job start? did you tell folks at your current job that you'll be leaving?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 05:39 pm
yep, i did, some time ago - same day i told them in budapest that i accepted the job.

will start there on may 1, not sure when exactly to move ... still working here till mid-april. sometime in between. (i would have liked to still be here at queens day, april 30, but that wont work.)
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:42 pm
For some reason anytime, in the last couple of decades (maybe?), that anyone has started talking about Douglas Adams and the Hitchikerblahblahblah, my eyes start to glaze over and my mind goes blank.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:43 pm
How about when people start talking about flinging poo? What effect does that have on you?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 06:58 pm
That's way more interesting. So long as we're just talking about it and I'm not actually present during the flinging.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:34 pm
littlek wrote:
For some reason anytime, in the last couple of decades (maybe?), that anyone has started talking about Douglas Adams and the Hitchikerblahblahblah, my eyes start to glaze over and my mind goes blank.

Very Happy , i know what your saying, i'm a big fan but not in a trekkie kinda way, i have suggested that people read the books, and if i meet a fellow fan i'll engage in conversation about the books, but i try to keep things in perspective

as for flinging poo, don't get me started

http://home.ripway.com/2004-12/214249/flipado.gif
Enjoy the unrivaled convenience of flinging dog poo without actually having to touch it.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 07:40 pm
It's more than just fantacism that turns me away, but I can't put my finger on it exactly.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 08:07 pm
hey kick, I see that todays NYT Science news has an article for people just like us, hypomanics. We are always into something , a little more disciplined than bipolar but we do get **** done. Wear the badge of hypomania. HYPOMANIA RULES.

I think that now I shall go outside and invent a trebouchet for dog turds.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 08:27 pm
Then you can retire with great wealth..
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 01:22:44