I feel like a lost soul sometimes.

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:24 pm
heehee...I'm not sure what they are either, some kind of bug.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:26 pm
I was just playing. But...

Quote:
In North Carolina, these pests attack anyone who works or plays outdoors during summer.

http://ipm.ncsu.edu/AG369/notes/chiggers.html
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:04 pm
There are some pretty women with big big hair in North Carolina.

I am oddly fascinated by that big hair thing.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:05 pm
Like so?

http://www.remembertheaba.com/OnlyintheABAMaterial/GilmoreCloseupHeadshot.JPG
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:08 pm
thass a woman?

Shocked

she looks a bit different from the gals I've met in North Carolina
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:34 pm
North Carolina leads the nation in inbred hillbillies. I believe Im correct on that. Its a stat that the Chamber of Commerce doesnt spread around.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:43 pm
farmerman wrote:
North Carolina leads the nation in inbred hillbillies. I believe Im correct on that. Its a stat that the Chamber of Commerce doesnt spread around.

My area of NC leads the country in PhD's per capita, but you can drive 20 miles or so and be neck deep in yokels. The chiggers are only bad if you walk around in tall grass ... Ticks are an issue as well, but I wouldn't live anywhere else.

'Cept maybe Kauai.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:54 pm
Quote:
My area of NC leads the country in PhD's per capita
Thats AN INTERESTING STAT. I think Ive heard that in every town Ive lived in.

I think that Princeton NJ has the record because its such a small community and even the cops have PhDs.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 06:09 pm
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
My area of NC leads the country in PhD's per capita
Thats AN INTERESTING STAT. I think Ive heard that in every town Ive lived in.

I think that Princeton NJ has the record because its such a small community and even the cops have PhDs.

LOL.
In NC's case you have Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, each with major universities. Situated right in the middle of this is Research Triangle Park with SAS, IBM, and many others. Maybe it's the highest ratio with a population of 500,000+ or something.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 07:41 pm
I like kicky's last post about the duplex and graphics. Made sense to me.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 07:55 pm
Ah, thank you, Osso. You know, I really am trying to figure this thing out serioulsy. I have to look into that a little more to see if I have the money.

The money...dammit, I wish I had more of that stuff.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 08:13 pm
Don't we all. That's the upside of rental income. A roof over your head and someone to help pay the bills but not share the bathroom. There's a downside, as with anything, if you're not the house handy type the tenets could make you crazy with fix this, paint that, etc.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 09:08 pm
I have a friend who has never lived anywhere, lately, but that she arranges to let out at least a room and bathroom, and thereby she has gotten better and better properties as much of her payments have been taken care of and her real estate has gained in value. She picks places in the first place that can be divided off, and is a good interviewer, while open to new people. She has tended to become friends with these renters, in a non inyourface way. She's an attorney, a litigator actually, and so not an easy mark for the lame or worse tenant. (Kicky, she's a friend who lived in italy a decade, teaching english, being a movie assistant, novelist's typist, before coming back to the US and undergoing law school.)
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 02:32:52