I feel like a lost soul sometimes.

kickycan

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 03:55 pm
Yes, there is nothing like a red "x" with the word "Image" next to it to put me back in a foul mood.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:01 pm
Damn it, it's supposed to be Karl Rove, but I guess he's hiding behind some Crusader's Coat of Arms now.

So, there's, like, a movie about the Crusades coming out (Glory be to God) and a miniseries version of the Book of Revelations (Glory be to God). Why not go to Italy again?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 05:46 pm
Heeven - you and kickypants aren't the only two with a tendency to over-think things - I've got it too. Maybe we all got some tweaked genes.

quote="kickycan"]
littlek wrote:
Or, just maybe, you could find a 'real' job that doesn't suck the life out of you. Then you could really enjoy your free time. Hey, how would you like to travel for 6 months out of every year for a job?

What job would that be?[/quote]

My sister's workplace gathers data from around the world in order to supply international companies with salary data. They figure relative costs of living. You don't want to live in this area, where they're head quarted, but they have offices somewhere in N Europe (Rotterdam? Amsterdam? Luxembourg?). There's a whole department filled with people who travel 6 months out of the year, gathering little bits of data.

I'm not saying they're highering, but there are jobs like that out there. They aren't the only company in that business.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:22 am
littlek wrote:
Heeven - you and kickypants aren't the only two with a tendency to over-think things - I've got it too. Maybe we all got some tweaked genes.

I knew we all had something in common - nutjobs, the lot of us. Kicky is planning a harem, get your belly-dancing kit out ........
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 07:37 am
Attire for your girls.... Very Happy

Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 08:02 pm
Maybe more of a commune - I bet we can find more guys like us.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:20 pm
As long as I'm the only guy, you can call it whatever you want!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:29 pm
You know, I was thinking about something...I saw this movie the other day...it was really stupid, but in it, Charlize Theron was living in a trailer that she had just driven out into the middle of nowhere in the desert somewhere in California.

I was thinking, maybe I could buy a trailer like that, and just live rent free for a year, thinking, writing, figuring it all out...I figure I could then sell the trailer at the end of a year and maybe I'd only lose about five grand or so, plus I'd probably need less than a thousand bucks a month for living expenses...I could live for a year for not much more than ten grand, and come out of it with a whole new perspective on things...

I'm not joking about this. Is this a crazy and stupid idea?
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:36 pm
I like the idea, I hope to do something crazy and spontaneous like that someday.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:46 pm
and the trailer gets to its spot in the desert how?

and no one comes around to collect rent? or to kick you out of the state park?

and you get to wherever it is you go to get groceries how?

<good dream, but dreams need planning to become reality>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 01:49 pm
Okay, so maybe it needs a little tweaking...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 03:17 pm
Okay, I'm just being a goofy dreamer. I'm not going to do that. I know I'm not. Why do I play these idiotic games with myself? Moron! I need to be more realistic.

A better idea would be for me to buy a two-family house somewhere, move into it, rent the other half out, and then find another job in graphics for a little while until I can get my feet planted there. If I'm completely honest with myself, the graphics isn't the thing I hate. It's partly that I'm burnt out in this field, but a lot of it is the nature of the work at this specific shithole. I could probably handle doing graphic production work for a while without losing my mind.

So if I move to Florida, I could probably find someone to watch my new place until I get down there. I have family that might be able to do it. Or I could hire a real estate broker to do the landlording until I get there.

Hmmm...now that doesn't sound completely off the wall. I have to think about this some more...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 03:56 pm
make it a north carolina, and i'll buy the house with you. maybe. well, that is, if i don't stay in india or in africa somewhere for awhile... living in bombay for a year or two would be nice... yeah. i'll get back to you on this...
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:06 pm
North Carolina might be an option I guess, although I don't know a damn thing about North Carolina...but that might not necessarily be a bad thing...hmmm...
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:07 pm
chiggers
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:12 pm
Chiggers? Are they really bad in North Carolina?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:12 pm
what's chiggers?

anyhoo, kicky, you will love it. we'll buy a house in chapel hill, the Triangle has lots of work opportunities in graphic design and such, and there are bars and live music everywhere. it's the new orleans of the east.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:13 pm
ain't that where caroline lotion comes from?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:14 pm
Dag, that does sound pretty nice. But still...I don't know...I don't like those chiggers...
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 04:17 pm
what the heck are chiggers? i lived there for a year and nobody told me about any chiggers.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/14/2024 at 06:12:07