compassionate conservatism equals rape?

New Haven

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 06:55 am
Must be unique to criminal case law for the USA.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 07:54 am
i hate to segue this back to the topic at hand but in this situation at the Air Force Academy, some 20 women had attempted to file complaints with their commanding officers and were ridiculed and threatened which led to complaints filed via both Republican Colorado Senators who took the issue to the Pentagon where it was admitted that the panel to intercede in said cases had been disbanded under the authority of Rumsfelt with the statement that the panel was "militant feminists". A defense of demeaning the victim is hardly productive in resolution of serious charges.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 08:14 am
Very common, however. And very often quite effective.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 09:19 am
I scrolled back because I wasn't sure, but there haven't been any links provided to substantiate this stuff. I'm no fan of the current administration, as anyone who has had exchanges with me knows, but subject matter this incendiary just cries out for some verification.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 09:30 am
http://santafenewmexican.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=2144&dept_id=461625&newsid=7239897&PAG=461&rfi=9
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 10:40 am
While being a Soviet citizen I had a friend that was an inspector of the criminal police. And he told me that often it happened that young women complained about rape when there was no rape at all. For example, having disclosed that the boyfriend is not going to become a husband, some women started blackmailing them with the rape accusation. And in many cases they succeeded to insert people in jail. Judges usually took side of women (espacially, because majority of judges in the USSR were women themselves)...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 11:43 am
Re: compassionate conservatism equals rape?
dys - I read the linked article... nothing about tis stuff you said (italics mine):

dyslexia wrote:
New York Times
Early last year, a panel created in part to help address the problem of sexual assault within the military found itself under fire.

Five former chairwomen of the panel urged Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld to resist pressure to disband it from conservative administration advisers, who said they thought the panel was fostering what one called "radical feminism" and was no longer needed because women had been fully integrated into the military.
The Pentagon responded by letting the panel's charter expire in February 2002, replacing its members and changing its agenda. Though still known as the Defense Department Advisory Committee on Women in the Services, it no longer advises the military on sexual assault. The decision to stop addressing such issues is receiving new scrutiny now that 20 female Air Force cadets have come forward with complaints that they say were mishandled by the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs. Advocates say the decision is one of the Pentagon's several missed opportunities to improve conditions for women in the military, many of whom have described careers lived under threat of harassment by their male counterparts. There has proved to be no shortage of accusations. One case detailed by local newspapers involves a 22-year-old cadet at the academy, Robert Burdge, accused of molesting a girl of 13 who attended Falcon Sports Camp on the academy campus for one week in June 2001. The case, less typical but in some ways more jarring because of the accuser's age, nevertheless illustrates the difficulty a woman might face upon reporting her case to the academy.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 11:50 am
snood what i posted the first time which you cite was from the NYT, and is a direct cut & paste from the NYT i added nothing.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 11:59 am
i also located this from the NYT airforce academy sex scandal
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Mon 3 Mar, 2003 02:56 pm
Very effective when the police are interrogating the alleged victim.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 12:08 pm
update Rocky Mtn News 3/05/03
"(Sen) Allard (responding to an Air Force Investigation) critized the Air Force for not only failing to interview TESSA (the rape crisis center) workers, but, also for not speaking to any of the 10 female cadets who reported rapes and remain at the academy." "Twenty-five current and former female cadets have complained to Allard's office about how academy officials handled their reports. Many of the women have said they were punished or even forced to leave the academy."
0 Replies