Here's what I told he president. What did you tell him?

emdttb

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 03:43 pm
I sent this to [email protected]. I'm not really looking for a discussion, just wondering what you would send if you were to send one.

It's becomming a numbers game again. 60 thousand troops against
IRAQs ? troops. Little consideration for the mental and physical
condition of those troops. I would be pissed, looking down on my
leadership for sending me out there without a place to land. It
is stupid, after all, which makes you stupid.

No excuses. You are a bad leader, Mr. President.

I know it.

The troops know it.

The WORLD knows it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,000 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Tantor

Reply Sat 1 Mar, 2003 05:48 pm
Emdttb,

Actually, there are about 150,000 US trips deployed to the Gulf, not 60,000 as you mistakenly claim. Those troops are well-motivated and have high morale, not in bad condition as you mistakenly claim. The troops are landing in Kuwait, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia. Again, you falsely claim they have no place to land. The military men I know who are deployed to the Gulf support the President. Your false assertion to the contrary doubtless stems from your own lack of military experience and your lack of connection with anyone who would serve in the military. All these are reasons why your argument should be rejected.

Cordially,

Tantor
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 01:11 am
Tantor I believe Emdttb is refering to the troops on ships off the coast of Turkey. Those Marines on those ships are not deployed yet. They must be going nuts.

Welcome to A2k Emdttb
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 04:52 am
But what is the President's guilt in all this? There are certain problems with Turkey that are in process of being solved. It takes time, unlike military operations, diplomatic talks cannot be characterized as a Blitzkrieg. You should express your dissatisfaction to the Turkish, and not American authorities for the inconveniences the Marines suffer from...
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 04:51 am
Dear Mr. President Sir

I am writing to you to express that I truly think you're a complete moron, idiot, abuser, jackass, loser, etc...

Sincerely
Gezzy
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 04:53 am
Dear President Bush:

Will these complaining Dems ever grow up and of course, shut up.
Enough of this turmoil about the election. We all know you won and I must say, thank God that GORE-THE-BORE didn't.

Go 'em tiger!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 05:19 am
Dear pResident Shrub,

I was going to write you a heartfelt, in depth message sir but I changed my mind. Becuz I 'memberd yek kant reed gud.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 05:28 am
Don't worry Pres, Albert Einstein flunked algebra.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 05:44 am
I am all grown up! I am not a Democrat! and I will never shut up!!!!
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 05:47 am
Even at the dentist?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 05:49 am
Well, maybe at the dentist, but that's as far as I go.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 06:05 am
Good!
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 06:55 am
gezzy wrote:
Dear Mr. President Sir

I am writing to you to express that I truly think you're a complete moron, idiot, abuser, jackass, loser, etc...

Sincerely
Gezzy

Nothing so neatly illustrates the liberal intellectual bankruptcy as such criticism. They have no real ideas. They are not for anything. They are simply against Republicans.

Tantor
0 Replies

Dreamweaver MX

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 07:16 am
Nothing so neatly illustrates the conservative intellectual bankruptcy as such sweeping generalizations. They have no real ideas. They are not for anything. They are simply against liberals.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 07:18 am
Why all the fighting?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:06 am
I think that there are facets to the way the Republicans are running the country that are great, others that are terrible. When the Democrats were in office, I could say the exact same thing, but over different issues.

I could never understand why people take one side or the other when it comes to politics. Do we think for ourselves, or to we simply buy one party's line wholesale, and ignore the positive aspects of the other?
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:07 am
Dreamweaver MX wrote:
Nothing so neatly illustrates the conservative intellectual bankruptcy as such sweeping generalizations. They have no real ideas. They are not for anything. They are simply against liberals.

Thank you for the second example to prove my point.

Tantor
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 05:22 pm
Phoenix
That's exactly how I feel. I don't like being labeled in any way and I only see people. I don't see republicans or democrats, I simply see people. If I like or dislike whatever they are doing it has nothing to do with their political status.
0 Replies

Tantor

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 08:48 pm
gezzy wrote:
Phoenix
That's exactly how I feel. I don't like being labeled in any way and I only see people. I don't see republicans or democrats, I simply see people. If I like or dislike whatever they are doing it has nothing to do with their political status.

Most liberals don't like having the liberal label pinned on them now that it stands for failure. They would prefer to keep their liberal positions but call themselves something else, like independents or whatnot. However, we conservatives don't mind being labeled conservatives at all. We LOVE it!

The fact is that many ideas have everything to do with their political origin. Most liberal ideas just don't work. Most conservative ideas do.

Tantor
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2003 09:08 pm
Tantor
Yes, but what if you agree with certain aspects of the sides and don't agree with others? Where does that leave you? It's great if you agree completely in a certain origin because then you know where you stand, but if you don't fully agree with where they stand, you end up being neutral, so in that breath I think "neutral" should be added to the parties.
0 Replies