I Have Spiders In My Brain

Linkat

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 04:03 pm
My daughter told me she was concerned about bugs in her brain. She said her head hurts a lot here (she points to side of her head). I told her bugs could not get into your head. Her response – “Timmy” said so. He said spiders crawl in your hair and then get into your brain. “Timmy” is a little boy a grade ahead of her in school. I explained to her that Timmy is probably teasing her. That sometimes little boys do things like this. But she still believes Timmy over me. How do I convince her that this bug thing is just typical kid nonsense?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,221 • Replies: 12
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 04:20 pm
Take her to a friendly exterminator who can check her for infestation....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 04:22 pm
OMG! What if the spiders lay eggs?

I will be monitoring this thread very carefully.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 04:47 pm
Get a flashlight and take her in a dark room. Shine the light in her ear and have her count or recite nursery rhymes or sing her favorite song.

Announce, "No bugs. If there were bugs they would have come out of your scary dark ear and danced in the light. No bugs."

This also works if you do get a gnat in your ear.

Good luck.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 04:54 pm
Dangle a nice, juicy fly next to her ear....
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:31 am
Good thoughts Noddy. Next time (which will probably be tonight after she talks with Timmy again), I will use the flashlight therapy. But I cannot believe that she thinks little Timmy is right and her mommy is wrong!

Gus, I’ll check for the spider laying eggs – but please do not give Timmy any ideas.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:38 am
Well, I'm glad you got back to me in such a timely fashion, linkat. I've been sitting here for three friggin' days waiting for your answer.

People call up and ask, "Hey, Gus, wanna go bowling?" or "Some of the boys are down by the creek, wrestling alligators. Wanna head down there, Gus?"

But every time I've had to tell them, "No.... I'm waiting on Linkat. Gotta find out about these spiders."
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 09:47 am
Sorry, Gus. I was so busy with the exterminator this past weekend. We had to lock up my daughter in a sealed room until all the chemicals had worn off. Luckily when we shook out the spiders out of her brain (via her ears), there did not appear to be any eggs.

I will have to confer with Timmy to see where the spiders are coming from. This may result in a change of schools if I find that her school is infested with them. Or I suspect it is little Timmy – I think he has it in for my daughter and is some how imbedding these pests some one – maybe he is placing them in her hat when she isn’t looking.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 21 Mar, 2005 04:18 pm
Linkat--

Ask her in hushed tones whether she knows what Little Timmy has in his ears.

Pause dramatically.

Holler, "WAX.

I'm betting Little Timmy has a bit of a swagger and a twinkle in his eye. Early love has many forms--mostly rather repulsive.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 08:55 am
Oh, Noddy, don’t tell my husband this! When my little girl was 3, she was dressed as a princess for Halloween. Our doorbell rang and she ran to open it along with me. Among the group of children was a little boy about a year older than my daughter. He looked at her, sighed and said, “Mommy, she is my girlfriend.” Now I am thinking how cute. The look on my husband’s face was of horror and anger. He did not like it one bit.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 02:09 pm
....and the Halloween Swain didn't come with spiders, either.

Men!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 02:49 pm
Quote:
But I cannot believe that she thinks little Timmy is right and her mommy is wrong!

I'm afraid you will find this to be true for many years to come. It's Timmy now, but it will be Tommy and Susie and Betty tomorrow. When they're 20 or so you might be given some credit for knowing something but for now you're just Mom. :wink:
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 22 Mar, 2005 03:00 pm
J_B – I understand that kids do not believe their parents, but I did not expect it at such a young age. I think I was a preteen before I thought such things about my mom.

At least my 2 year old still thinks I am the best.
0 Replies