There is no soul or spirit at all...

pinkpants111

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 09:30 pm
well i don't think that is true i have many reason but what u said is only an opinion not a fact!
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 09:48 pm
I'm hoping to be convinced I'm wrong, or to convince others to consider I may be right. That's kinda the point of making such a claim.

The facts are: there is no conclusive evidence for a soul and no need for one to exist. (Of course, that does not prove it doesn't exist - but if it does....where is it?)
0 Replies

burnettegirl222

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 11:18 pm
Ok then. Whatever you think is true to you.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 11:56 pm
No, that would be to risk self-deception....which is kind the point I'm trying to make.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 04:35 am
As a materialist, I believe that there is nothing that goes beyond the physical. How could there be? Where is the soul? If the soul is non-physical, then it must be non-spatial - and therefore it can't be anywhere. How do we distinguish between different souls when they are nowhere?

My soul and your soul would have to be in the same place: nowhere. So how could we tell them apart?
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 06:12 am
They are not of this world, ergo they don't follow the rules of this world. We cannot comprehend something that surpasses our senses. Don't think just because you cannot see somthing, that it doesn't exist...
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 04:40 pm
How do you know they are not of this world if you can't comprehend them?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 10:27 pm
Eorl wrote:
burnette, I'm not in the habit of driving across rivers unless I can see a bridge.

Why would I jump to the conclusion that such things exist when the evidence suggests otherwise?

Bridge builders are very special people... they build bridges so others may more easily cross.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 05:14 am
Why do I get the strange feeling that "footprints in the sand" are heading this way soon ???
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 09:16 am
hingehead wrote:

They are not composed of earthly material, so we would never on earth be able to test them which would make it hard to comprehend.
0 Replies

Terry

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 09:15 pm
If souls are extra-dimensional, non-material and/or immortal, why is it that drugs or physical damage to an organic brain can degrade all of those qualities of character, personality, will, and emotion that are usually ascribed to souls?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 02:10 am
Terry wrote:
If souls are extra-dimensional, non-material and/or immortal, why is it that drugs or physical damage to an organic brain can degrade all of those qualities of character, personality, will, and emotion that are usually ascribed to souls?

The soul lies deep within every single thing in life... and if you were to chop someone's head off, the person would die not because they lost their soul but because they lost the vessel that possessed the soul... the soul would return to the wind and the spirit of the soul would return to God and the body back to the dust...

The dust gives possibility to form and the wind breathes life into the form and the spirit is the image of God replicated in life and an alternate reality that is observed in the physical through the spiritual...
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 02:24 am
When you chop someone's head off ... they break wind?

How can the soul exist only below the neck, just to be lost to the Great Void when we release?
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 06:06 am
codeborg wrote:
When you chop someone's head off ... they break wind?

Smile nice...

Quote:

The brain and soul work in practically unison, but what the soul conveys is not always what comes out, the brain is the physical bridge between physical/spiritual worlds. The brain is obviously influenced by chemicals as well, so that's why people really don't act like themselves when they are on drugs. They make decisions that they normally wouldn't.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 08:30 am
Animal are souls: (Gen 1:20, 24)
Man is a soul (Gen 2:7)
Man created in God's image (Gen 1:26). Could this simply mean the attributes of love, justice and wisdom?
The soul is mortal (Ezekiel 18:4, 20)
Punishment for disobedience is death (Gen 2:17) Fill in the blank: The wages of sin are_______.
When you're dead, you're dead (Ecclesiastes 9:10)

Satan was the one who claimed to Eve that she would not die.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:33 am
We are all souls, and we posses bodies.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2005 09:24 pm
thunder_runner32 wrote:
hingehead wrote:

They are not composed of earthly material, so we would never on earth be able to test them which would make it hard to comprehend.

If souls are untestable and uncomprehendable, you cannot support your claim that, "The brain and soul work in practically unison" - there is no way you could possibly know this. There seems to be no reason to believe in souls - there is absolutely no evidence for them, because we cannot test or comrpehend them, according to you. So what reason is there to believe i nthem? They seem to have just been made up to account for all the wonderful things about humans such as emoption and though, that we don't want to admit are physically based, because for some reason that seems disappointing.
0 Replies

thunder runner32

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:05 am
We learn it from the bible. I'd say that's pretty good evidence.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 09:46 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
We are all souls, and we posses bodies.

Yeah, but thunder, ANIMALS are souls and posess bodies. Are you saying there really is a doggie heaven?
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 10:29 am
thunder_runner32 wrote:
We learn it from the bible. I'd say that's pretty good evidence.

Then you're extremely naive. Razz
0 Replies