Meanwhile, the toasters were toasting the latest news, even as the negative nellies advised caution mixed with skepticism.
Yes, Samsung had announced the birth of the 5G phone, conducted in partnership with Verizon.
- article includes 5 reasons not to channel Martha Reeves (or David Bowie and Mick Jagger) and go dancing in the streets.
1) system is not completed, still being built
2) battery life will likely be diminished
3) will likely be exclusive for a time to only Verizon wireless and Samsung
4) will probably carry a precious price tag (sort of like the early days of television, radio, VCR s and other stuff were at their starts)
5) The iPhone is planning to hold off until 2020 (a sign that they want to let the bugs be zapped before they sign on)
Also, check this article from zdnet.