Possible future with forced ads on your smartphones lock screen?

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2022 09:08 pm
Your Next Android Phone's Lock Screen Could Be Filled With Ads
Quote:
According to TechCrunch, mobile ad company, Glance, is planning to launch its lock screen platform on Android devices in the U.S. within the next two months.

According to the report, Glance has been in talks with U.S. wireless carriers and it plans to launch on several smartphones as soon as next month.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 576 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Joeblow

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2022 06:18 am
@tsarstepan,
What fukcers. And I guess for a *small* subscription fee, we can go ad free
tsarstepan

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2022 03:42 pm
@Joeblow,
Or the alternative (still not a likeable one) is they subsidize the price of your phone. The example I heard that parallels this is the Amazon Fire Kindle. You can get the cheaper version if you tolerate ads on their lock screen.

It's too soon to tell if the phone providers are going to bite. I'm hoping not.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 7 Jul, 2022 04:27 pm
My little flip phone is all I need.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 11:36 pm
@tsarstepan,
Well you can legally remove any bs on your device. So far their are tons of Tools to unlock and free your amazon device from the amazon store and use your google account store apps, or even install apps from USB.

If amazon does this bs and people find a way around it I am sure the same for other devices.
0 Replies

PoliteMight

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2022 11:37 pm
@Joeblow,
Actually you do not need such bs. As with Amazon devices people have found work around from the ads. Again it is your device and you have all the right.
0 Replies