Robert Blake not guilty

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 04:50 pm
the jury is in and found Robert Blake not guilty on all charges.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,502 • Replies: 22
No top replies

fishin

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 04:56 pm
Maybe he'll team up with O.J and start a group for husbands searching for their wives' killers on the golf courses.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 05:59 pm
I am totally surprised. The news accounts always made it seem cut and dried he was guilty. Perhaps there was pity for his age mixed in it -?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 06:19 pm
even at this age, hes a scary little dude. He reminds me of Charlie Manson with a job.
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 07:54 pm
farmerman wrote:
even at this age, hes a scary little dude. He reminds me of Charlie Manson with a job.

I agree Farmerman. Guess it proves that if you have money you can get away with murder.

Your description of that little worm is right on the money.
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 01:46 am
I think Mr Blake should consider himself a VERY lucky man, his version of the events of that night didn't convince me he was innocent.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 04:46 am
apparently the jury felt that the state had some crappy circumstntial evidence and they couldnt put the gun in Blakes hand
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:26 am
Remember, "not guilty" does not necessarily mean innocent of the crime. All it means is that the courts did not have enough evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to convict the person. This happens all the time, but most people are only aware of the seeming contradiction in high profile cases.
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:31 am
The jury deliberated for nine days....makes me think at least some of the members were inclined to go the other way.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:38 am
Length of time in deliberation is inversely proportional to the price of the defense team.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:52 am
I found it interesting that the press asked him... "Mr. Blake who do you think murdered your wife" and his response was "SHUTUP"... he had no feelings or emotions.. it was like he didn't care she was dead!! He made an ass of himself on TV!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 06:55 am
quite in character, I hope he just disappears and lives the rest of his life in some trailer park in Mississippi
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 07:22 am
I stand to be corrected if I am wrong here, but I wonder where the people are who defend Michael Jackson's right to a fair trial with such ferocity? Before, during and after Blake's trial, not one word of anger about prejudging or second guessing the system. Shows how selective our sense of justice can be, I think.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:29 am
That's a case we were discussing at work, big point of conversation over green bagels this morning. Everyone believed Blake would be found guilty. Everyone was surprised at the verdict.
0 Replies

Zane

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:32 am
Crazielady420 wrote:
I found it interesting that the press asked him... "Mr. Blake who do you think murdered your wife" and his response was "SHUTUP"... he had no feelings or emotions.. it was like he didn't care she was dead!! He made an ass of himself on TV!

Did you see the courtroom footage when the verdict was announced? He did a modified version of the "YESSS!!!" hand gesture and I'd swear when he put his head down he was laughing into the table and then behind his hand for several seconds after that.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:42 am
as an aside, seems the jurors thought that lack of "evidence" was the criteria in finding Blake not guilty.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 10:46 am
Zane wrote:
Crazielady420 wrote:

Did you see the courtroom footage when the verdict was announced? He did a modified version of the "YESSS!!!" hand gesture and I'd swear when he put his head down he was laughing into the table and then behind his hand for several seconds after that.

I just saw a few clips on the news this morning.. he was outside of the courtroom... I didn't see that footage Sad .... I just listened to him say that he was broke and ignore all the questions on his wife...
0 Replies

Magginkat

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 01:59 pm
Zane wrote:

Zane, that's exactly what I thought. The talking heads said he became very emotional & shed a few tears..... I didn't see any sign of a tear or anything remotely close to one. I think he was laughing just as you said. He's crazy enough laugh at the murder of his wife.

I keep hearing the SOB stories that claim he was forced into this marriage as though that is an excuse for what he did. Hogwash, this was not a shotgun wedding. No one forced him to do anything

He's a miserable scumbag who will now probably be collecting her insurance money to continue his life style. The question is, how long before he murders again?
0 Replies

ogeorgeko

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:16 am
Magginkat wrote:
Zane wrote:

Zane, that's exactly what I thought. The talking heads said he became very emotional & shed a few tears..... I didn't see any sign of a tear or anything remotely close to one. I think he was laughing just as you said. He's crazy enough laugh at the murder of his wife.

I keep hearing the SOB stories that claim he was forced into this marriage as though that is an excuse for what he did. Hogwash, this was not a shotgun wedding. No one forced him to do anything

He's a miserable scumbag who will now probably be collecting her insurance money to continue his life style. The question is, how long before he murders again?

You seriously think he is going to murder again? I just blame it on the Prosecutor really, its not like his defensive team was amazing. The Prosecutors just sucked ass.
0 Replies

Victor Murphy

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 01:33 am
Mickey (Mickey Gubitossi/Robert Blake) - (9/18/33 - ) - Became a powerful adult performer of leading and character roles. Starred in the series Baretta in the 1970's. Consumed with anger over his treatment by his family and the studio as a child, he denigrated his early work, suffered bouts of difficulty with drugs, and became known as a difficult, perfectionistic person to work with. He quit his successful TV series "Hell Town" (1985) when his personal demons became overwhelming. After a self-imposed exile of nearly eight years, during which he struggled to right his life, he successfully returned to films and television work, appearing renewed and more confident in himself and his work. Found Not Guilty in 2005 in the trial for the murder of his wife Bonnie Lee Bakley after having dinnner at Vitello's in Studio City. Currently lives in Los Angeles.

http://www.geocities.com/ppicking/og-mickey-1.jpg
0 Replies