I got "officially" engaged last week!

Krysia

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:55 pm
A few months ago, my fiance and I had a discussion about our relationship, during which time we began discussing marriage. We began dating in a weird way; we just kept getting better and better friends until something more developed, and we started acting like an exclusive couple. Our engagement was pretty much the same way! While we agreed that a ring wasn't necessary, he still wanted to give me a ring. So, the day before my birthday, he did the traditional "popping the question" with the engagement ring his late father had given to his mother. It was really sweet! All my friends were there, and there were many tears, hugs, and excited chatting.

I guess people won't be like "You're engaged? Where's the ring?" now! Wink It's still a bit weird getting used to wearing a ring, because I never wear jewelry. I don't even wear a watch! But it really gives me a renewed excitement about my relationship... which is why I'm sharing. Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 937 • Replies: 11
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 06:58 pm
That's great news, krysia.

I like that "renewed excitement about the relationship" comment. Very nice.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 10:58 pm
Yabba, Dabba, Doo!

Congrats! I'm sure you'll get used to the ring in no time. I'm very happy for you!
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 11:19 pm
I think that it is all the more special, that your father-in-law to be gave your fiancee the ring to give to you. I have a sneaking suspicion that he really likes you! Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 12:50 am
Krysia, I haven't managed to say hi here before, and don't do it now just because you two are engaged, but it is about time I mentioned I've appreciated all your sane posts.

Of course I hope you have a sane life, but also an exciting one with your mate. I am happy for you and wish you very well.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:11 am
Oh, Krysia....how exciting for you!! I am so happy that you wanted to share your joy with us here as well as with all of your real life friends.

One of our little tomboys is getting married! WooHoo!!! I really AM just tickled as can be for you! Smile Very Happy
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:20 am
Aw, that's so sweet! I too have really appreciated your posts, Krysia, and like you lots.

Even after wearing wedding rings for 8+ years, they still surprise me sometimes... I'm not a big jewelry wearer either. Crocheting has never been the same since I got engaged! Oh, the sacrifices we make...
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:27 am
Congrats!!!!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:31 am
Krysia, congratulations to you and your fiance, how nice of you to share with us.

Good thoughts for you and your loved ones :-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 12:19 pm
Congratulations, girl!

(You'll get used to wearing a ring in no time, and then it will feel strange when you have it off.)
0 Replies

Krysia

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2005 09:24 pm
Aww, thanks so much, everyone. Very Happy I've been on a high all week! It's a pity that we have to live apart for a few more months, though. He has to finish school, and then I'm moving up to New England for grad school.

Phoenix: Actually, his mother gave him the ring. Unfortunately, his father passed away when my fiance was just a child. It's still a really sweet gesture, though! She sent me a really nice birthday card, as well. (My fiance proposed the day before my birthday, and she'd known he was going to propose because he ran the idea by her first. Laughing ) I have this silly fear that people don't like me, so I was really worried about his mother liking me, and after she'd given him her ring, I guess that settled my fears!

osso: Thanks. ^^; It's funny you say that, because when I met my fiance, he'd had it with women because all the ones he'd date were "insane", and when we started dating, he'd randomly say "thanks for being sane!". He does it less often now, though!

Lady J: Haha, now comes the daunting task of finding a (nooo!) dress and (ack!) nice shoes. I have to think of scary stuff like hair and makeup (which I don't think I've worn outside of costumes).

About the ring: When I've worn it all day, I feel very strange without it, but sometimes I feel like I shouldn't wear it when I'm only doing housework or something. Today, all I did was cool, clean, and run an errand, but I tried keeping it on. I used my right hand so much more, than my left, which is so hard, because I'm left-handed and my right hand is my "dumb" hand that can't do anything. Wink I'm getting used to it, though!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2005 07:10 am
Krysia--

I think that your willingness to learn to accommodate the ring on your dominant hand indicates your willingness to make your marriage successful.

Best wishes to you and congratulations to the lucky man.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies