I need help 'calming down'

smorgs

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 04:48 pm
No, really, this is serious. As you know I'm off on my pre-wedding honeymoon on Thursday. I was excited, now I'm just wrecked! I feel tired and miserable. I have developed a massive coldsore on my lip, which has made me go on a big downer. I'm so anxious that all my arrangements go to plan that I can't sleep...and I've got a horrible feeling in my stomach. Any advice would be appreciated Crying or Very sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,168 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Francis

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 04:51 pm
Remember that in ten or more years you'll view your present mood as a very weird one...

So, think it's beautiful time and enjoy Razz
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:09 pm
the stress - is causing yer body to do bad things - take 10 deep breaths -
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:15 pm
no need to worry about the planning.
have faith in other people to do their job...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:23 pm
Drink some whiskey.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:26 pm
Just keep hanging in there.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 05:32 pm
Oh, smorgs!!! (((((((((HUGS)))))))

It's pure stress honey. Even as prepared as we think we are and even though it all seemed so easy 6 months ago, the time is almost here and it can be incredibly exhausting and stressful. I wish I were there with you right about now cause I'd be whisking you away to a ladies day spa for a good mud bath, massage and a facial!

I like the guys; ideas and I'll offer one of my own. About every hour, sit down (I don't care how much you still have to do!) and take 10 minutes just for YOU. Lots of deep cleansing breaths, lots of affirmations that this stressful time will pass. Drink some good herbal tea during that time, have a good friend massage your temples or whatever you can think of that might make YOU feel just a bit more relaxed. Send another friend off to the store to get one of those newest cold sore remedies (I hear they work great!) and even one more kind of strange and almost kinky thing, but it's amazing how rejuvenating it is...have someone wash your feet for you....not a fast splash in the tub, but a good ten minutes worth of gentle wash and semi-massage. It feels sooo good!

Lastly keep in mind, that this is one of the most exciting and beautiful times of your life. You WILL be the most beautiful bride and your man is the luckiest guy in the world. It's true. Believe it!
0 Replies

Krysia

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 07:22 pm
I attribute every bit of it to the "pre-wedding" bit! What you're feeling doesn't seem to be too far from what most other people have told me they felt right before their own/their friends' wedding.

What I do when under stress is take deep breaths and think, "What can I do about it?" Usually I can't do anything. Yesterday I had to do jury duty, and I was getting really anxious about driving home from a not-so-pleasant, strange neighborhood. So I thought "What can I do about it?" Nothing. Either I drove home or stayed downtown forever. So I drove home, anxiety-free. If I'm nervous about an exam before bed, I'll say, "I studied all I could, and there's nothing more I can do about it" over and over until I believe it and fall asleep.

While a wedding is 9023842093430 times more stressful than most things in life, especially exams or traffic Wink, I'm sure the same principle can be applied. Enjoy your vacation! Don't even THINK about the wedding planning. Tell your bridal party (whom I'm assuming are your best pals!) your concerns, and have them spread that stress over all those people. If not them, I'm sure you can find a confidante to take over watching over the planning until you get back. Just go on your honeymoon and think only of those nice massages and cocktail drinks and romantic rendezvous with your fiance. There's nothing you can do to change, help, or fix what's going on with the planning at home, so enjoy your stress-free time! (Easier said than done, I know!!!) Good luck! Very Happy
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 09:26 pm
SLOW DOWN THERAPY
If sites with a bit of a religious bent offend you, DO NOT click on this link. Taken with a view to diversity, it's quite nice:

SLOW DOWN THERAPY

Enjoy . . . and relax! Remember, a hundred years from now this - nor much else of the present as we know it - won't matter. That's a nanosecond in the history of the universe! Smile Smile Smile

http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~stephan/Animation/chaplin.movie.gif
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 09:32 pm
Chamomile tea, toast, your favorite cd. Low to no lights, and just sit still.
easier said then done.. I know.. but I stress the SIT STILL part. Sometimes in physical stillness we find emotional silence.
Everything you need to do will still be there when you come back to it. Nothing will change. So go get some tea, and sit still.

> pre wedding jidders are great though!<
Im excited for ya!!
0 Replies

paulaj

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 09:41 pm
These are things that relax me.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1225155#1225155
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 11:16 am
Smorgs, I was so freaked out before my wedding, I thought I would lose consiousness.

Maybe try a bit of Valerian or Skullcap? They're great herbs for dealing with stress.

Plus 5 minutes of concentrating on your breath a few times a day may help.

Poor kitten, I know just how you feel!
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:31 pm
Thanks to everyone who posted advice here. I appreciate it. Well it's the first of my two big days...we are off on honeymoon in 2 hours. The cold sore was a prelude to a full on cold! Evil or Very Mad

But now it's here, and I'm going to make sure I enjoy and remember it. I'm taking my new digital camera with us, so expect a 'how do I post photographs' type thread when I get back!

Fondest regards
Sarah
x
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 08:35 pm
Smorgs--

Godspeed and best wishes.
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2005 09:28 pm
About one hour . . . ?
About one hour to go? Remember, we're all rooting for you! We KNOW that you're going to have a great time! Now, you just keep believing that, too! Happy travels!!! Smile Smile Smile

P.S. Can't wait for the pix! Looking forward. More Smile Smile Smile
[/color]
0 Replies