Bernie Ebbers

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 04:47 pm
Quote:
Former Worldcom chief executive Bernie Ebbers has been convicted of conspiracy and fraud in connection with the 2002 collapse of the telecom giant.
Ebbers, 63, who is to appeal against the verdict, was also found guilty of seven counts of filing false documents.
Shareholders lost about $180 billion (£94bn) in Worldcom's collapse - the largest bankruptcy in U.S. history - and 20,000 workers lost their jobs.
Ebbers could face up to 85 years in prison when he is sentenced on June 13. Worldcom emerged from bankruptcy last year and is now known as MCI.

Ok here's my idea, I like to think of it as "rational justice" the dude Ebbers is 63 yrs old and may be sentenced to 85 yrs. What does that accomplish? Pretty much nothing, so here's my idea why not sentence the dude to his remaining life-time of community service say like building homes with Habitat for Humanity or some such other program, allow him a standard of living at the current poverty level (somewhere around $18000.00) with any other assests he may have going directly into a fund to repay the people he ripped off. So now he must work 40 hrs per week as long as he is able medically with zero chance of avoiding work (county jail). Seems like justice to me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 444 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Francis

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 04:55 pm
At least...
0 Replies