What, me worry?

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 12:12 pm
I was nutty for Mad magazine when I was a kid and I still pick it up once in a while. I was browsing around today and came across this and it just reminded me of why I'm mad about Mad:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/madmagazine/files/onthestands/ots_446/images/jesus.jpg

Were you ever a Mad fan?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,073 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 12:54 pm
Yes, as an adolescent. I don't recall it being as hard-hitting politically back then. More into tweaking cultural foolishness, if memory serves.

I used to walk to the candy store, as we called it, to buy a Mad and a box of Sen Sens (I have no idea why; must have been the weirdness of the box and the licorice flavor).
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 01:13 pm
It is still cultural parody for the most part. You can't find a lot of "Mad" stuff online and this is one of the few things I could find that didn't have a subscription ad on it too. I thought those might violate the TOS agreement.

I always liked the movie parodies a lot and the "Scenes we'd like to see" bit.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 01:41 pm
I noticed that there were ads using the "Spy vs. Spy" characters on TV recently; I forget what product they were flogging...
0 Replies