who exists?

Jasper10

Sun 17 Apr, 2022 12:33 am
@Jasper10,
I am AWARE of the consciousness types which I toggle between as I process the inward/outward thoughts.Although I am aware that I am aware of this,I am also aware that I am aware that I am not awareness either.

Now try and get your head around that lot….lol…..all good stuff though.

Once you have, you can then deal with the inward/outward thoughts and their difference.

This stuff is outward meditation as opposed to inward meditation…..maybe something that you are totally unfamiliar with.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Sun 17 Apr, 2022 12:39 am
@izzythepush,
Ha Ha Izzy …..now don’t be horrible again.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 17 Apr, 2022 06:34 am
@Jasper10,
Having an honest, openly spoken, eminently held opinion does not make Izzy a 'horrible' person.

More appropriately, "Ha Ha J-10 ... now don't go and hijack the conversation again,"
Jasper10

Tue 19 Apr, 2022 07:54 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Izzy can be very offensive.......unable to take the banter back though which is normal for a hypocrite I suppose.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 19 Apr, 2022 08:10 am
@Jasper10,
Izzy hates fascists, including literary ones. This place is not about tit for tat, it is not an idea mosh pit. I find you trollish to the extreme. Your actions to getting htam's OP locked is just totally unforgivable. Stew in your juices alone.

I have nothing but respect and admiration for Izzy and htam.
Jasper10

Tue 19 Apr, 2022 08:14 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Hey izzy got him blocked, not me......I didn't hit the report button.
0 Replies

Jasper10

Thu 21 Apr, 2022 04:44 am
It not delusional squat htam9876 that is just your opinion.

I would suggest that trying to separate PRESENCE from PROPERTY or CONSCIOUSNESS from MATTER is delusional squat however.

I agree with you on the separation of your PRESENCE and PROPERTY....I respect that. We both agree...lets celebrate our agreements...not fall out about it.

It's just the application I disagree with because I maintain you cannot separate consciousness from matter.
0 Replies

htam9876

Thu 21 Apr, 2022 04:53 am
Only "J - 10 style of delusional squat" will exist in this galaxy, perhaps. The first Order of course will appreciate it very much.
 https://physicshelpforum.com/data/attachments/3/3010-7bf709704e6610813b1950a7f9650c67.jpg
Jasper10

Thu 21 Apr, 2022 05:03 am
@htam9876,
Come on htam9876 chill....the magnetism theory is just another theory that will either stand up or fall down.

The magnetism theory is based upon well established scientific principles.....electromagnetism being well established science......give the theory a chance.......you are not even doing that.

Jasper10

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 02:58 am
@Jasper10,
I would suggest that an Atheist will either make the claim that they don't exist which is ridiculous because how can an atheist that doesn't exist claim any stance at all?

Or secondly, an atheist will adopt the stance that they do exist but not in a way that the human experience matters ultimately.

I would suggest that if you want to bring the human experience into the debate then you need to make a clear distinction between "exist" and "alive".

I would suggest that you need to divide atheists into two camps therefore.

Those that believe that they don't "exist" which is a puzzling stance as I have explained above and those that believe that they do "exist" but don't believe that they are "alive" but rather believe that they are "dead".
izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 03:19 am
@Jasper10,
I would suggest that the only person remotely interested in this is you.
Jasper10

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 03:45 am
@izzythepush,
You don’t know that Izzy…you are guessing again.

I would guess that you don’t know how to respond in a meaningful way because you either believe that you don’t exist or even if you believe that you do exist you don’t believe that you are “alive”.
izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 05:48 am
@Jasper10,
Pretty good guess.
Jasper10

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 05:58 am
@izzythepush,
I would suggest that an atheist can claim to exist and not exist at the same time.

We know they exist however, or how can they make the claim that they don't exist?

That one's ticked off anyway.

izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 06:32 am
@Jasper10,
Atheists don't go round claiming they don't exist.

That's just something you pulled out of your arse.
Frank Apisa

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 06:33 am
@Jasper10,
Jasper10 wrote:

I would suggest that an atheist can claim to exist and not exist at the same time.

We know they exist however, or how can they make the claim that they don't exist?

That one's ticked off anyway.

One can suggest damn near anything.

If you are making assertions, Jasper, actually make them. If you realize that you cannot reasonably make them...you ought really to acknowledge that.

Or...just keep up with this "I would suggest" nonsense. It does provide a bit of comedic relief for the site.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 06:37 am
This thread is about solipsism not atheism.

It's Descartes to the max, the only thing you can be certain that exists is yourself, and everything else is just reflections of your own psyche.

None of that has anything to do with atheism, binary or toggles and such concepts should go to another thread.

Preferably one where the sun don't shine.

(Idiomatic, non grammatical English used for effect.)
0 Replies

Jasper10

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 06:44 am
@izzythepush,
Well we know that atheists do exist whether they claim that they do or don't.Is that clear enough for you Frank?

bobsal u1553115

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 06:45 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:

Only if Schrödinger put that atheist in the box next to the cat.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Fri 18 Nov, 2022 06:47 am
@Jasper10,
You know no such thing.

For all you know they could be an algorithm written by a computer.