does this mean a thing?

diana78

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 10:12 am
just had this e-mail from him...he had said we need to be on a break for a bit? Not sure if this means a thing?

Hi ___,
I just returned from FLA. & it was a really great trip. My parents have a really nice new villa. We went down to ____ by a small plane for a day trip & sailed on the U.S ______. I really hope you are well. I am so excited that I finally sold my ____,it only took 9 months!! But it happened! Again I wish you well!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 901 • Replies: 12
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 10:26 am
I think it means nothing. Nothing at all.

It's the equivalent of saying, hello, I still know you. I'd flush it.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 10:58 am
FreeDuck wrote:

It's the equivalent of saying, hello, I still know you. I'd flush it.

Exactly... or, I had a nice trip. I hope you are well. Have a nice life... There is no request for a reply or additional contact so you needn't offer any.
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 03:03 pm
re
well i responded-friendly, but quick.

I'm not saying he's trying to rekindle anything but at the same time, i'm wondering if he perhaps wants to be in some sort of contact with me. If he really didnt, i dont see why he'd bother writing anything at all, seeing how i havent contacted him in almost a week now.
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 03:30 pm
Honestly diana, I don't think it means much at all. Especially a re-kindling thing as you mentioned.. Even IF that were his INTENT, you need to remember that he is NOT in a position to give you what you need in a relationship right now, remember? Why hurt yourself over again, hoping and hoping that maybe, just maybe......

You've taken great strides to work through the sorrow and frustration and confusion over this man and are getting past it. Don't go backwards now, girl. It'll hurt worse than before.

And please don't, under any circumstances be his good sex buddy for one night...that could really mess things up for you. Keep in mind ALL of his problems and don't go there again. Time marches on and don't drag the baggage of that past with you.

Keep smiling and working on you! Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 03:32 pm
It means nothing.

How is your course going?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2005 04:41 pm
He sent an e mail concerning his recent past.

Quote:
Hi ___,
I just returned from FLA. & it was a really great trip. My parents have a really nice new villa. We went down to ____ by a small plane for a day trip & sailed on the U.S ______. I really hope you are well. I am so excited that I finally sold my ____,it only took 9 months!! But it happened! Again I wish you well!

Counting pronouns:

"I" is 4 times. Also "my" is used twice.

"We" is used once--referring to him and to his parents.

"It" is used twice.

"You" is used twice.

There are no references to the future--just a summary of his trip south and two rather formal wishes that you are in good health.

He is thinking about himself and writing about himself. He is not writing about you as a person.

He may be hoping that you are well enough for mattress therapy--his therapy.
0 Replies

diana78

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:18 am
re
well i got out of class last night at 9:30 and he had called and left a voicemail. What gives? A week ago he said he wanted a break. His message was kind of long and at the end of it he was like, i hope you can call me back.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 08:25 am
He's an addict. He's having withdrawal symptoms. Let him dry out by himself.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 10:58 am
He's trying to stay in touch. He is not trying to give you the relationship you are looking for. If you want to be just friends, then call him back. If you want a boyfriend, then don't.
0 Replies

Debra Law

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 01:14 pm
He sounds happy and upbeat about HIS life . . . which doesn't include you. He hopes you are doing well without him . . . because he's doing very well without you.

He can't give you what you need from a relationship. You know if you try to rekindle a relationship with him that he will not be there for you . . . he will be busy making plans to spend his free time with other people . . . and you will occupy only the very smallest corner of his life. It's not what you want, so don't go there.

Best wishes, Diana.
0 Replies

duce

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 01:21 pm
D Law: is right on target. Wishing won't make it so. Why get hung up here, when so much MORE is available? Question
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2005 12:26 pm
It's been pretty quiet around here lately. I wonder if this fluctuates with the phases of the moon.
0 Replies