The Easter Bunny is a vanishing breed.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 1,092 • Replies: 17
No top replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:33 pm
The following link also explains Easter pretty well - for those interested. Let's not make political/religious hay out of this holiday - please! http://www.holidays.net/easter/
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:37 pm
I don't think the easter Bunny is gonna be happy about this....

http://www3.ci.boulder.co.us/openspace/kids/images/rabbit_cartoon.gif
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:38 pm
Even bugs bunny is talking about a strike.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 05:55 pm
Heehee - I was gonna point out that Easter is a pagan fertility ritual, to which the early christians cleverly attached their stuff, but I see the article has done it for me. (Like they attached the midwinter ritual to christmas.)

"Egg Day" actually takes it closer to where it all started - which is kinda ironic, I guess.

But if any goddamn hare tries to wrestle the job away from the Easter Bunny, the fur's gonna fly!

And if that Peter Rabbit thinks HE'S muscling in - well, Mr McGregor is still righteously incensed with him....and I am telling him just where to find that Peter...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:02 pm
Even Eisener lost his job for fooling with bugs bunny.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:13 pm
I thought this topic was going to be about bunny population control issues... (wink).
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:24 pm
osso, Your statement is an oxymoron of the first rate... LOL
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:33 pm
Thank you.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:36 pm
I usually do a tribute to autumn with my hair colour, and do a tribute to Easter on my finger nails. I'm thinking of mixing it up this year, and doing the Easter tribute with hair colour Cool
ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:46 pm
oh, no, not, not lavender?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:49 pm
Maybe a nice robin's egg blue? Works well with the whole egg'y theme of the season I think.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:52 pm
osso, No, thank you for my laugh for today. Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:54 pm
For the hat, you mean...?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 06:59 pm
Tap, tap, frown, Beth, you are too young to be a bluehair..
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 07:51 pm
Well, there's blue and there's blue.

I picked up some great dark neon blue gel for Setanta's curls for formal events, but I don't think that's my shade.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 02:36 pm
Quote:
In praise of... rabbits

Published on 1 Apr 2010
I should probably point out that a bunny is for life, not just for Easter, before singing the praises of cotton-tailed companions.

In a few weeks, rescue centres will likely experience a flurry of new arrivals thanks to the sort of hare-brained twits who’d probably try to adopt a Baby Jesus for Christmas if they could.

Less demanding than a dog, less fickle than a cat and considerably more fluffy than either of those, a rabbit is the ultimate multi-purpose pet. Invite one into your home and your wallpaper will likely not survive, but the benefits will far outweigh the costs.

For a start, you won’t need an alarm clock once you have a feisty buck or doe in a neighbouring room who knows what time breakfast is usually served. They may not be big on verbal communication, but rabbits can learn how wake their lazy humans when there’s the prospect of an edible reward.

A cuddle-hungry bunny also makes an excellent hot water bottle on cold winter nights in front of the TV, while one who learns the significance of the travel basket will give its owner plenty of exercise by completing sprint circuits around the sofa. What’s more, a recent study found that the affections of a rabbit were twice as effective at treating the symptoms of swine flu than the leading over-the-counter remedy. Admittedly this was a small-scale study conducted in my living room. Sure, your long-eared housemate might greet visitors by attempting to nibble their trousers, but most will be instantly charmed by the time she’s licking their fingers and nudging her face under their palms. She might occasionally miss the litter tray by a few feet, or destroy the odd cushion while building a den, but there’s no danger of her interrupting while you’re trying to watch Glee.

All in all, rabbits rule.
Source

Might well be that it's different with down-under-bunnies ... Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2010 03:11 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

I usually do a tribute to autumn with my hair colour, and do a tribute to Easter on my finger nails. I'm thinking of mixing it up this year, and doing the Easter tribute with hair colour Cool

I remember the seasons of Beth. Let's see; SpringbloomingBeth, SuddenlysummerBeth, and a few others.
0 Replies