Where is the US economy headed?

okie

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:24 pm
@parados,
A point needs addressing here. You attempt to twist what I have said, that seems to be your standard practice. I have challenged you to provide a quote where I said flatly that Obama hates America. To my knowledge, you have not been able to do that, but feel free to point it out where you have and I will apologize. I have explained over and over that not having the same affection or love for America does not directly translate into the same meaning as hatred, but no, you choose to continue to twist what I have said.

Your continued insistence of twisting my words is getting tiresome, parados. To date, you have produced an example of where I called for impeachment of Obama, which I freely admitted to by the way. But also I have stated that the Republicans best approach is not to attempt impeachment, but instead win the next elections. Are you actually interested in getting my opinions right, parados, or are you here to try to run me off of this board or attempt to discredit any conservative here, by twisting what our opinions are?
parados

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:27 pm
@okie,
ican hating America, an interesting question. It may surprise you to know that no, I doubt he hates America. I do believe that he has some very deep hangups and resentments about the country, which is abundantly evident by what he has said in his rants on this board. I think the man is extremely misguided and bitter about a few things. Obviously he and okie are not exact clones, but I think they have similar views about things, including politics. I also think that his religion and his politics are almost interchangeable, similar to how okie also feels about them.
parados

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:30 pm
@okie,
But let's go back to what you ignored earlier okie.
Is ruin the same as destroy?
Is wreck the same as destroy?
okie

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:37 pm
@parados,
Obviously not, parados, at least in some instances. It also depends upon the context of how the words are used. For example, if you wrecked your car, did you destroy it or ruin it? The terms are not exactly interchangeable, okay? It requires more discussion and explanation.

Frankly, some of your posts are childish, parados, and your partisanship is really getting in the way of having a meaningful and respectful debate here. In short, I ignored some of your posts because they are not intellectually honest and straightforward. You are more interested in tripping somebody up than you are in actually finding out pertinent information about an issue.
plainoldme

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
I wish the righties here would listen to NPR. For one thing, it would help to improve their writing!

Did you catch the interview with retired SC Justice Stevens? Those were words that our rightwing brothers need to hear.
0 Replies

plainoldme

@okie,
NPR is largely funded by individuals and corporations that have reason to be assuage their guilt.
okie

@parados,
parados wrote:

ican hating America, an interesting question. It may surprise you to know that no, I doubt he hates America. I do believe that he has some very deep hangups and resentments about the country, which is abundantly evident by what he has said in his rants on this board. I think the man is extremely misguided and bitter about a few things. Obviously he and okie are not exact clones, but I think they have similar views about things, including politics. I also think that his religion and his politics are almost interchangeable, similar to how okie also feels about them.

If ican had said that the chickens had come home to roost, and if ican had espoused Marxist leaning Black Liberation Theology, and if ican had praised Marxists and railed against rich white Jews and capitalism, then maybe your post would have made sense about ican hating America, parados. You really need to have some logic to base your posts on, parados, and the above one simply had none.
plainoldme

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:43 pm
@okie,
Quote:
I have demanded several times for an apology, to no avail, after some of her outlandish insults, such as her accusing me of beating my wife or some such thing

No, but it was fine when you accused me of berating my husband. You have no idea what hypocrisy is. You think I should make a liar of myself and apologize to you for telling you exactly how you appear to others, through your own ill-written words.
plainoldme

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:45 pm
@okie,
Of course, you didn't say Obama hates America, you wrote it. I read your typing just as parados did.
parados

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:46 pm
@okie,
So then you are willing to agree that you said Obama is ruining the country and wrecking the country but you don't think that means Obama is destroying the country?

And when you said the country is being destroyed it doesn't mean it's being destroyed because destroy doesn't really mean destroy either?
okie

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:48 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Quote:
I have demanded several times for an apology, to no avail, after some of her outlandish insults, such as her accusing me of beating my wife or some such thing

No, but it was fine when you accused me of berating my husband.

Again, where is the quote or proof?
Quote:
You have no idea what hypocrisy is. You think I should make a liar of myself and apologize to you for telling you exactly how you appear to others, through your own ill-written words.

What I think is that you should provide some shred of evidence for your outlandish claims and accusations here.
parados

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:49 pm
@okie,
Quote:
If ican had said that the chickens had come home to roost, and if ican had espoused Marxist leaning Black Liberation Theology, and if ican had praised Marxists and railed against rich white Jews and capitalism, then maybe your post would have made sense about ican hating America, parados. You really need to have some logic to base your posts on, parados, and the above one simply had none.

That's interesting. You think saying those things gives a logical basis to say someone hates America but then you deny that anyone should think you would think that.
okie

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:50 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

So then you are willing to agree that you said Obama is ruining the country and wrecking the country but you don't think that means Obama is destroying the country?

And when you said the country is being destroyed it doesn't mean it's being destroyed because destroy doesn't really mean destroy either?

You need to provide quotes for context, parados. I think Obama is making a mess of things by adding mountains of debt and legislating really bad legislation that will be hard to undo, such as Obamacare. Is that destroying America, or wrecking it, I hope not, but it will be difficult to undo much of the damage done.
plainoldme

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:51 pm
@okie,
Maybe, you are not a liar. Perhaps, you are simply a lunatic.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:52 pm
What happened to common sense, folks? It seems to me that it isn't very common anymore.
plainoldme

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:53 pm
@parados,
Do you think that "the chickens had come home to roost" is a sign of Marxism or of espousing Black Liberation Theology, if there is such a thing, or of liking Jews. Hmmm. I thought that Jews were taken off the hate list years ago!
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:54 pm
@okie,
You don't have any common sense okie.
Common sense would tell you that someone that claims Obama doesn't love America and is trying to wreck it is clearly implying that Obama hates America. Common sense would tell that when that person denies it they are lying to you.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:57 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:
To summarize, Obama is not qualified to be president, he simply lacks the experience and the correct philosophy to govern successfully. He is wrecking the country.

Looks pretty obvious to me. Wreck is used as if it means destroy.
okie

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 09:59 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Of course, you didn't say Obama hates America, you wrote it. I read your typing just as parados did.

Again, I would like to see the quote. I do not remember saying Obama hates America, and I do not think that is what I believe, so I doubt I said that. To repeat for the extremely dense among us, here is what I think. I think Obama has some very deep resentments or hangups about the country, that it has been unfair in some ways, perhaps many ways, and I think he is very misguided, and that he does not love the country the way he should and in the same way that others do. Do I think he outright hates the country, no I would not go that far in my assessment of his attitude about America.

Now, what I have said in the above should not be difficult to understand, and only the extreme partisan types among us will try to distort what I have said in an attempt to put words in my mouth to their own benefit of demonizing their political opponents. Such is not an intellectually honest and decent approach for respectful political debate.
parados

Reply Tue 5 Oct, 2010 10:01 pm
@okie,
I don't know okie.....

Everytime you open your mouth, we get nonsense, inconsistencies, half truths, or total lies.