Where is the US economy headed?

okie

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 02:47 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:
In otherwords the Odems are gangsters and should be dealt with as such.

It is absolutely imperative that the next election sweep as many of these people out of office as possible, ican. But do not underestimate what Obama will do to try to prevent this from happening. One Democrat / Obama angle will be to legalize as many illegals as possible, to create new voters for Democrats. He is right now attacking Arizona's efforts to enforce the law against illegal immigration, and also look for an effort by Obama to provide amnesty and manufacture new voters between now and this fall. In other words, you are correct, Obama governs as a gangster, he has no respect for the law and has no intention of enforcing the laws of the land, and will not only not enforce them but will seek to punish any state that tries to.

http://oneoldvet.com/?p=18714

"President Obama on Friday said Arizona’s proposed law making it a state offense to be an illegal immigrant represents “irresponsibility,” and said he’s directed his administration to examine the law and see if it violates civil rights.

The president, speaking at a ceremony to naturalize two dozen immigrant U.S. troops, said the fact that Arizona is acting on its own is evidence that Congress need to pass a broad bill legalizing illegal immigrants at the national level."
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 03:05 pm
@okie,
Flash! This just in from emails I get from the NY Times. (4:34 pm ET)
Arizona Governor Jan Brewer (R) has signed the bill giving state and local police the ability "when practicable" to detain people they "reasonably suspect" are in the country without authorization.
Law enforcement groups are split on the bill.
The Times reports that a spokesman for Gov Brewer says that her office has received 15,000 calls, emails or letters regarding the bill. 85% said they opposed it.
That last sentence doesn't seem plausible to me.
okie

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 06:16 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

The Times reports that a spokesman for Gov Brewer says that her office has received 15,000 calls, emails or letters regarding the bill. 85% said they opposed it.
That last sentence doesn't seem plausible to me.

Do not underestimate the illegal organizations and liberal lobbies with their phone banks going to work. What people do not realize is that the problem has been let go so long that our ability to deal with it is going to be very very tough indeed. It has gotten to the point that there are more people that favor breaking the law than those that favor enforcing the law, and the political forces on the illegal side has grown to almost unmanagable. Think about it, that is why alot of if not most politicians are now scared to death or so intimidated by taking a stand of enforcing the law, because they will be demonized by the Left. The race card and any other card will be played against them.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 06:27 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Do not underestimate the illegal organizations and liberal lobbies...

illegal organizations?
okie

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 07:25 pm
@realjohnboy,
Sorry, I mis-spoke, I meant to say the organizations which promote, apologize for, and justify illegal immigration. There are obviously many, and I would even include the Democratic Party.
realjohnboy

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 08:18 pm
@okie,
Okie, thank you for your correction. I probably knew what you meant to say.
In the South, people did and perhaps still do get pulled over for "driving while black."
This new law in AZ scares me.
Does it bother you at all that American citizens of Hispanic origin or Hispanics legally in the country can get profiled as illegal because they are "driving while Hispanic?"
As a total aside, my employee Andy is in a band that tours the country once a year. He is a total Virginia redneck (but oddly his music is Goth and he is probably the only Republican Goth in the U.S.). I digress.
They travel, often late at night after a show, towards the next city. Their 15 passenger van with VA plates got pulled over 3 times in 3 hours in the SW U.S. last trip.
Police, not very nice police, looking for Mexicans using crude language.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 23 Apr, 2010 11:20 pm
@okie,
I have been telling you for years that you misunderstand what humor is. None of your 'jokes' work. I am not alone in this. You simply are not funny and you spoil your attempts at humor because you are always sour.
okie

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 05:17 am
@realjohnboy,
Oh come on, rjb, how many times have you been stopped and asked for your drivers license or identification? I have been plenty of times. For law abiding citizens, this is not a problem. Face it, the illegals have created this problem and have brought this problem onto themselves. Now, as I have predicted, the apologists and defenders of illegal behavior and of breaking the law will now come out of the woodwork. Are you also one of those people? Fact is, I know of hispanics in New Mexico and Arizona that are very adamantly against the illegals breaking the law and they want something done about it.

Bottom line, if you are a law abiding citizen in this country legally, you have absolutely nothing to worry about laws being enforced.
okie

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 05:22 am
@plainoldme,
You don't like my jokes because maybe you just don't get them, or it is your ox being gored. My analogy about lightning needing to be permitted, it works great because it illustrates absurdity with the absurd, meaning that it illustrates absurd liberal thinking with an absurd analogy.
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:22 am
http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/orosepodium_monster_397x224.jpg

Obama Says Financial Overhaul Will End Bailouts

Obama says alot of ****... most, if not all of what he says are lies.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:27 am
@okie,
No, it means you don't know how to do an analogy.
parados

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:28 am
@okie,
Quote:
Bottom line, if you are a law abiding citizen in this country legally, you have absolutely nothing to worry about laws being enforced.

Right.. unless you happen to walk out of your house without your wallet and identification in AZ and the police stop you because you happen to look Hispanic.
ican711nm

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 09:45 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I would also note two things:

1, that the Republicans failed to pass not just one bill but something like 8 separate bills on this issue over the years when they ran both houses; and

2, as soon as the Democrats took control in 2007, they DID pass this bill and it was signed into law by Bush.

IF the Democrats were so against regulations, then why did they pass essentially the same bill in 2007?

I await your evidence that your claims here are true.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:29 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Quote:

Right.. unless you happen to walk out of your house without your wallet and identification in AZ and the police stop you because you happen to look Hispanic.
And if the police stop you because you are speeding, it might also be a concern, which would be about a hundred times more likely than looking hispanic. It might be smart to have ID on you if you walk out of your house, anywhere, whether it be Arizona or Timbuktoo, you goofball.

If you knew anything at all about law enforcement, and common sense too, it might also help you grasp a few simple concepts about this issue.
maporsche

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:31 am
@okie,
In fact, I think it's a law for anyone over 18 that's not a US citizen to have an ID on them wherever they go, right? OR at least have an ID in the system that police can look up.
okie

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:35 am
@maporsche,
I don't know about that, I did wonder about it but never posted about that. It does seem entirely logical to have ID on your person. Recently even as a citizen accessing medical care, I've had to show ID besides my insurance coverage card, I don't know how many times to verify my identity, so I am guessing that everyone should have ID in the event of any mishap or anything else of comparable set of circumstances.
parados

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:41 am
@okie,
You have never forgotten your wallet when you left your house okie? You know of no one ever doing this?

You have never gone for a walk around your neighborhood without your wallet? (I am assuming you don't jog or you would know how silly your "common sense" argument just was.)

Common sense tells me people do this all the time. If you have gone ouf your house even once in the last year that means on any given day about 3% of the population would be without their ID.
okie

@okie,
okie wrote:
If you knew anything at all about law enforcement, and common sense too, it might also help you grasp a few simple concepts about this issue.

To expand on this just a bit, I know people in law enforcement, and they could tell anyone as they have me that alot of drug busts and other stuff are made as a result of routine stops that are stimulated by suspicious vehicles, such as headlights or taillights out, broken windshields, missing or hanging by one bolt license plates, erratic driving, speeding, that sort of thing. Being able to do that takes alot of dangerous and criminal people off the roads and gets them into jails where they belong.
0 Replies

parados

@maporsche,
maporsche wrote:

In fact, I think it's a law for anyone over 18 that's not a US citizen to have an ID on them wherever they go, right? OR at least have an ID in the system that police can look up.

That doesn't help the US citizen that happens to be out without an ID, does it?
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sat 24 Apr, 2010 10:42 am
@okie,
It must be horrible to live in a country where you always have to carry your "papers" with you okie.

Too bad you don't live in a free society like I do.