Where is the US economy headed?

ican711nm

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 08:41 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
When has the government taken over all of the productive capacity of this country?

That's a dumb question in response to what okie and I have actually alleged.

The government obviously has not taken over all of the productive capacity of this country! We have alleged and supplied supporting evidence that the Obama administration has taken over, and is in the process of taking over too damn much of the productive capacity of the country.

You have alleged we "need to get OUR HEADS out of OUR ass to see some daylight. The darkness where WE live has skewed OUR vision on everything about life in this country." Now it's time for you to describe on what specifically about life in this country we have skewed OUR vision.
okie

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 08:53 pm
@ican711nm,
I am happy to ignore ci, his posts are totally assinine anymore. Obviously as you point out, the government has not taken over all the productive capacity, but it is attempting to take over more. The medical industry is one huge one right now, that they are working on taking over. What is so dangerous about this is that our health is so intertwined with so many of our daily decisions and life choices in regard to many many other things as well, the food industry and so forth, so by taking more control of the health industry, there are also other industries in peril also that tie back into our health. It is about government power over us, which is in direct conflict with the constitution.

Obama has already made inroads into the auto industry. Through cap and trade and other global warming policies, the government will attempt to take more control over the energy industry as well. Don't look for Obama to let up on any industry that he thinks he can place under his control.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 17 Nov, 2009 08:58 pm
@okie,
okie, How will the government take over health care? Please provide proof/evidence from current legislation in congress. I know it's assinine to ask, but you're running off at the mouth without any support for your claims.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 06:41 am
@okie,
Okie,
The citizens of this country are entitled to have security, law and order, peace, good health and jobs. Children in this country are being short-changed on public education, affordable housing and parents who pay attention. I am not a perfect person. When I became a parent, I made sure my kids were clean and fed. It took two people back in the mid-60's to make a living, so I went to work.

I always wanted to be an "at home" Mom", but economics dictated that I should work too. At first I worked retail, but in the "fine" stores, so that I could get the discount! I also found that if I had gone to college before marriage, I would have had it easier. When I heard of opportunities with the Federal Government, I took those SAT type tests and because of the private education I received, I aced them, every time. Luck? No, retention of what those nuns and priests taught me.

You never heard of any hint of scandal in the churches back in those days.
Big-time politicians were just that; big time, big mouthed and a scandal here or two as in the case of the Long Family of Louisiana. Huey P., the "chicken in every pot" one, assassinated by a Jewish doctor, who thought Gov. Long brought shame on his father-in-law, Earl K. Long, the "crazy, eccentric" one that carried on an affair with a Bourbon St. stripper, Blaze Starr and Russell Long, the respected Senator from La. All 3 were Democrats, none liberal back in the good ole days of segregation.

Back in 1953, Dwight Eisenhower, then the President, was highly respected as a West Pointer, World War I and II hero and a moderate. My mother was a Republican all her life, when Republicans were the bright hope to bring change in America. Not the Democrats because the "Dixie-Crats" as they were dubbed then were known racists. Racist against Jews, Catholics and Blacks. Forget Hispanics. They were relegated to South America or the South West.

The North was smug in the belief that they didn't have slaves. Well truer lies were never spoken, because not only did they have slaves, but in 1991, the African Buriel Ground was discovered in lower Manhatten and construction was stopped on a future high rise. That alone told a gruesome story of slavery from Boston and the entire Eastern Seaboard. Of the slave ships built in the New England States and the Aetna Insurance Company that insured the ships and its' illicit cargo. So no, the South has been the whipping boy for centuries while Wall Street itself emanated from the profits made from slaving in the South and the factories that refined picked cotton in NYC, itself. Why do you think New York has a "garment district"? The clothes were made in the east from the cotton fibers picked for free in the South! It was a win-win for all involved.

While Black slaves built most, if not all of the major colonial buildings that are designated National Monuments from Boston to Louisiana, ALL were built on the backs of Blacks, while slavery is given a 2 or 3 sentence in history books. It is America's shame for spewing equality in the Constitution but practicing a peculiar hypocrisy on native Americans and the Africans they stole from their country. No one need give me an apology 450 years later. This is my argument for receiving "reparations" for all of the free labor given under the lash and the justification for keeping a race of people as a permenant underclass.

Angry? You damned skippy, but that and 2.00 will get me a cup of Star Bucks! In a country that boasts of Christianity, I see very little. Do I hate whites? Hell no because I have white blood through ancestry from my French ancesters. I just want to stop being labelled a "minority", dispel the myth that I got what I have through Affirmative Action, because I was passed over many times for promotions. I want decent, clean housing for ALL, not just black people, decent places for the poor to shop and not be cheated, the right to vote and not be challenged and lastly, I want people to stop asking me, "what are you", because I am NOT Spanish, Filipino or Italian! Peace, Be with you!
okie

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 10:32 am
@teenyboone,
teenyboone wrote:

Okie,
The citizens of this country are entitled to have security, law and order, peace, good health and jobs. Children in this country are being short-changed on public education, affordable housing and parents who pay attention.

teeny, you are mixing rights up with responsibilities and opportunities. I am sorry to have to tell you, but the constitution has never and does not guarantee good health and jobs. You are partially correct in that one of the primary responsibilities of government is to provide security and law and order, which essentially means it needs to protect us from each other and from outside threats. For example, it should protect us from others taking life and property from us. Perish the thought that the government should be guilty of taking our life and property, and that is what they are engaged in now, I guess Obama thinks it should all be spread around equally, and that he is king and judge of our health and health care. Sorry, teeny, it is an insult to suggest that the government could fine us and throw us in jail if we do not buy one of his Obama and Pelosi approved health care plans.

I am continually amazed at some people's total lack of understanding of what rights and responsibilities are. Read the Bill of Rights.
dyslexia

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 11:29 am
@okie,

Quote:
I am continually amazed at some people's total lack of understanding of what rights and responsibilities are.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 12:47 pm
@dyslexia,
The irony!
rabel22

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 03:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
One good thing about okie and icon, you dont have to read them because you already know what stupid garbage they are going to spew.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 03:51 pm
@rabel22,
I read it because it's so easy to challenge all that garbage they try to spew as some truth. The only thing positive about their posts is that we learn about their extreme imagination and fogged out crystal ball that only they can see.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 04:09 pm
You COVETERS frequently allege okie and I are wrong (or worse), but you rarely supply any evidence to support these allegations.

I bet that's because your thinking is preprogrammed to lead you to think you are the possessors of truth, and anyone who challenges that has to automatically be wrong (or worse) on that account alone.

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 04:11 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

You COVETERS frequently allege okie and I are wrong (or worse), but you rarely supply any evidence to support these allegations.

A lie. I've been supplying evidence to counter your idiotic allegations for years, evidence which you flat-out ignore. You never admit your opponents are right, even after you are shown to be completely and totally wrong. There stops being much point in engaging you over time.

Cycloptichorn
teenyboone

Reply Wed 18 Nov, 2009 06:06 pm
@okie,

I am continually amazed at some people's total lack of understanding of what rights and responsibilities are. Read the Bill of Rights.

Me too!
okie

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 11:18 am
@teenyboone,
Okay then practice what you preach. Health care, jobs, and affordable housing is not a right. Got that?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 11:22 am
@okie,
okie wrote:

Okay then practice what you preach. Health care, jobs, and affordable housing is not a right. Got that?

I think that Health Care and affordable Housing are rights, yes. They are essential parts of the pursuit of happiness and critical components of the stability of the nation.

Cycloptichorn
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 11:26 am
@okie,
Wrong on all counts; the federal government has the responsibility to ensure that our economy continues to grow for jobs by managing the circulation of money by restricting monopolies, fraud, and inflation. Affordable housing helps everybody by keeping many middle-class and poor off the streets of our cities which directly affects the health of our country. Health care is directly related to the health of our citizens which in turn helps our economy by being competitive with countries that also provide universal health care.

0 Replies

okie

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 01:16 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

okie wrote:

I think that Health Care and affordable Housing are rights, yes. They are essential parts of the pursuit of happiness and critical components of the stability of the nation.

Cycloptichorn

Cyclops, health care is not a right, nor is affordable housing, nor are jobs, as enumerated by the constitution. I realize they are nice, they do contribute to our happiness and we are free to pursue them in a free society, but sorry, they are not rights as guaranteed by the constitution, you need to go back to school and study civics, with a teacher that knows what he or she is talking about.
okie

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 01:18 pm
@okie,
I see my post wherein I did nothing except state facts, has been voted to zero. Can't help it people, facts are facts. Have the courage to face the truth. It does not hurt, and it is highly liberating.
0 Replies

Abel Conklin

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 01:21 pm
You seem like a wise man, okie.
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 01:40 pm
@Abel Conklin,

Seem? Please explain to us why okie is a "wise man?"
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 19 Nov, 2009 01:41 pm
@okie,
okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

okie wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Cyclops, health care is not a right, nor is affordable housing, nor are jobs, as enumerated by the constitution.

I did not claim that jobs are a right guaranteed by the Constitution. But I think you will agree with me that the Constitution is not where our rights flow from; it only enumerates certain rights and restrictions upon the government. I personally believe that all people should have a right to affordable housing (it doesn't have to be NICE housing, just affordable) and health care.

Quote:
I realize they are nice, they do contribute to our happiness and we are free to pursue them in a free society, but sorry, they are not rights as guaranteed by the constitution, you need to go back to school and study civics, with a teacher that knows what he or she is talking about.

It's not a question of being 'free to pursue these things.' If these things do not exist, people CANNOT pursue happiness. You can't live a stable and healthy life if you cannot afford health care and lodging, because various factors outside of your control have contributed to make them unaffordable. I believe it is part of our government's mission, to keep the costs of necessities of life such as this from spiraling out of control - which is exactly the situation we find ourselves in today.

Cycloptichorn