Where is the US economy headed?

teenyboone

Reply Sun 25 Oct, 2009 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I call it "selective amnesia"! The Repugs marched in lockstep with Bush and his gang of torturers and "spy agents", changing the way America lived for over 250 years, with its' method of "Big Brother" and the "eye" in the sky. All I recommend is you not "pick" your nose in public or "break wind"!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 10:34 am
@teenyboone,
I've seen people pick their nose - then eat what they find.
maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 10:35 am
@cicerone imposter,
Doctors say that people who do this get sick less often than those who don't.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 11:03 am
@maporsche,
ummm... that brings up a whole new topic about health care in our country. LOL
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 01:06 pm
@cicerone imposter,
The Democrat controlled congress in 2008 passed the 2009 federal budget and Bush signed it.

The Democrat controlled congress in 2008 passed the TARP bill and Bush signed it.

The Democrat controlled congress in 2009 passed the Stimulus bill and Obama signed it.

The Democrat controlled congress and Obama in 2009 have not yet rescinded any part of the TARP bill.

The Democrat controlled congress and Obama in 2009 have not yet rescinded any part of the Stimulus bill.

The Democrat controlled congress and Obama in 2009 have not yet rescinded any part of the 2009 federal budget.

Therefore, the Democrat controlled congress and Obama are responsible for the consequences of the TARP bill.

Therefore, the Democrat controlled congress and Obama are responsible for the consequences of the Stimulus bill.

Therefore, the Democrat controlled congress and Obama are responsible for the consequences of the federal 2009 budget.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 01:19 pm
@ican711nm,
Can't you confine this **** to one thread, Ican? Please don't come ruin this one with repetitive posts the way you do others.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 02:08 pm
@ican711nm,
What are you trying to say? Those are universally known facts, and you're just wasting cyberspace with your garbage.
ican711nm

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 02:22 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
What are you trying to say?

Therefore, NOT BUSH, the Democrat controlled congress and Obama are NOW responsible for the consequences of :
(1) the TARP bill;

(2) the Stimulus bill;

(3) the federal 2009 budget.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 02:24 pm
@ican711nm,
Being "responsible" doesn't say anything. Your usual garbage is wasted space.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 02:28 pm
@ican711nm,
ican711nm wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
What are you trying to say?

Therefore, NOT BUSH, the Democrat controlled congress and Obama are NOW responsible for the consequences of :
(1) the TARP bill;

(2) the Stimulus bill;

(3) the federal 2009 budget.

I would agree that the Democrats that were in Congress at the time of these 3 things are responsible in addition to Bush and Obama.

I don't think you can absolve Bush of his responsibility for the 2009 budget or TARP I; but you can (and should) blame the Democrats who voted for both.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 02:51 pm
@maporsche,
It's a meaningless argument; ican doesn't understand what the TARP funds does to save our savings and banks. Without banks, our economy sinks to zero.
ican711nm

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 03:19 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Without the federal government subsidizing banks, banks would make more responsible loans of the money privately deposited in them. That would do a lot more for the economy than "stealing from peter to pay paul." When that happens both "Peter" and "Paul" are made worse off. With TARP funds, many of our banks are sinking to zero.
maporsche

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 03:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't understand that either.

I opposed TARP and still do.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 04:15 pm
Here is an idea that I hope will NOT catch on:
A number of folks in DC (Dems and Repubs) are suggesting that employers who hire new workers should get a credit on their taxes of 15% of the employees' wages. This would, it is said, encourage businesses to hire more people.
The White House had no comment on the plan which carries an estimated $45B
price tag.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 04:20 pm
@cicerone imposter,
For ICAHN:

The banks that did get TARP funds, BEFORE the Nov. 08 election were given by one G. W. Bush, thank you, back in Sept. 08, 2 months BEFORE the election.
The Repugs claimed that AIG, Goldman, ETC. were "too big" to fail. Really?
Is that why the market tumbled? Good management? Bad management? You tell me!
I'll say this; something stinks and it's coming from Texas and Wyoming! Why don't you ask what Halliburton was doing with the millions that disappeared in Iraq and Afghanistan and why the US deficit is in excess of a trillion dollars instead of trying to transfer the wholesale "sacking" of the US Treasury. Tell me about THAT, Ichan!
teenyboone

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Oh GAWD! I have too.
0 Replies

ican711nm

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 04:48 pm
@teenyboone,
Yes, Bush blundered by signing the Democrat Congressional majory's TARP Bill.
Yes, Bush blundered by implementing the TARP Bill after he signed it.

Yes, Obama and his Democrat Congressional majority blundered by failing to rescind TARP after Obama became President.

Yes, Bush, the Republicans, and the Democrats blundered by claiming AIG, Goldman, ETC. were "too big" to fail.

The market tumbled because the Democrat Congressional majority failed to heed Bush's advice to fix Fannie and Freddie before it was too late.
Quote:
*06/23"Two Bear Sterns hedge fund groups collapse due to their mortgage investments.
*08/09" President Bush requests Congress pass a reform package for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
*12/06" President Bush warns Congress of need to pass legislation reforming GSEs.

*03/14"J.P. Morgan and the Federal Reserve recognize extent of Bear’s toxic assets, including sub-prime mortgages, and credit default swaps, and interconnection with other banks.
*03/14"At Economic Club of New York, President Bush requests Congress take action and reform Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
*04/14"President Bush issues a plea to Congress to pass legislation reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
*05/03"President Bush issues a plea to Congress to pass legislation reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
*05/19"President Bush issues a plea to Congress to pass legislation reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
*05/31"President Bush issues a plea to Congress to pass legislation reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
*06/06"President Bush issues a plea to Congress to pass legislation reforming Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
*07/11"Senator Chris Dodd says: "There’s sort of a panic going on today, and that’s not what ought to be. The facts don’t warrant that reaction, in my opinion … Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were never bottom feeders in the residential mortgage market. People ought to feel comfortable about that. "

Haliburton, among others, consumed the millions that disappeared in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The US deficit has more than tripled since January 2009, because of TARP and Stimulus give aways.

I canny!
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 04:55 pm
@ican711nm,
All your claims are nothing but misinformation. You shouldn't be spreading lies and innuendos on these threads.

The only "blundering fool" around here is you!
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:20 pm
@ican711nm,
I don't where you get your misinformation, but your dates say that this CRASH happened under BUSH's WATCH, not Obama's! 1/20/09, began the CLEAN-UP of Bush's and Cheney's stealth of America's wealth to his and his daddy's friends, not to mention Halliburton's RAPE of the US Treasury. You're the reason the South lost!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 26 Oct, 2009 05:35 pm
@ican711nm,
Just shows you know nothing about what caused the financial crisis. Go peddle your misinformation on Facebook.