Where is the US economy headed?

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 11:25 am
@Rockhead,

guns ??? ... to repel the liberal moochers and sympathetic union
members that may riot when Obama is defeated this November ???
Rockhead

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 11:27 am
@H2O MAN,
please read the context of the thread before posting your mindless drivel, watersnot.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 11:30 am
@Rockhead,

But I enjoy reading your mindless babble... please don't stop.
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 19 Oct, 2012 05:27 pm
I realize that I am not the brightest crayon in the box and many of you agree with me but I find this funny. I think that republicans and democrats may also find humor in this as well. The funny part is at the end.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 06:50 pm
Fox news does report the truth at times but are the democrats willing to listen?

Ben Stein's report.

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 20 Oct, 2012 07:00 pm

Quote:
Where is the US economy headed when it comes to the war on drugs?

0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 04:56 pm
Do you think that this girl has a point? Her point is that if you guys think that her getting naked is the most important thing in this video, then we are all in big trouble. and yes she does take them all off.

spendius

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 05:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
rl knows how to get me to watch one of his vid. selections.

But I must say that the lady seems to be quite ashamed of her primary and secondary sexual characteristics which is quite surprising considering some of the ladies I have seen.

It's a nose pressed against the candy shop window job.
spendius

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 05:12 pm
@spendius,
Lady Godiva in the studio.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 23 Oct, 2012 09:41 pm
@H2O MAN,
I have Rockhead (so aptly self-named) on ignore, but please let me know if he ever responds with more than two lines that are not so snotty his avatar is turning green.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 24 Oct, 2012 05:26 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
rl knows how to get me to watch one of his vid. selections.

But I must say that the lady seems to be quite ashamed of her primary and secondary sexual characteristics which is quite surprising considering some of the ladies I have seen.

I think that she was more interested in getting people to understand the term "starving the beast" Than she was at revealing her beastly qualities.
Thom Hartmann did a nice video about a year ago on the subject.

Builder

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 04:01 am
@reasoning logic,
Gr8 video RL.

I wasn't sure where to put this info. It's been a long time coming, for mine.

Major Banks, Governmental Officials and Their Comrade Capitalists Targets of Spire Law Group, LLP's Racketeering and Money Laundering Lawsuit Seeking Return of $43 Trillion to the United States Treasury

NEW YORK, Oct. 25, 2012 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Spire Law Group, LLP's national home owners' lawsuit, pending in the venue where the "Banksters" control their $43 trillion racketeering scheme (New York) - known as the largest money laundering and racketeering lawsuit in United States History and identifying $43 trillion ($43,000,000,000,000.00) of laundered money by the "Banksters" and their U.S. racketeering partners and joint venturers - now pinpoints the identities of the key racketeering partners of the "Banksters" located in the highest offices of government and acting for their own self-interests.

The rest of the article is here.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 05:18 am
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
Thom Hartmann did a nice video about a year ago on the subject.

"Nice" is quite appropriate. The spiel avoids the question of the alternatives. There is an argument that oligarchal government is best. I'm not making it here btw. I am simply pointing out that there is an argument to that effect which is not addressed in the video. The blase assumption that it is bad represents a non sequitur. Such an assumption rests on envy.

Veblen argues in Absentee Ownership that the situation described in the short video, in exceedingly general terms, is inevitable from the Constitutional provision that property is inviolate except by due process. And due process in that regard is in the hands of the same people Mr Hartmann is complaining about. (I recommend Veblen's book to those with more than a passing interest in these matters. Veblen came from a farming background in Wisconsin.)

In many respects we are now, through pensions, insurance provisions and military expenditures and whatnot, all absentee owners and need to decide who is to manage our assets.

The repetition of the idea that "there are more of us than there are of them" hints at mob rule.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 08:46 am
@spendius,
Quote:
"Nice" is quite appropriate. The spiel avoids the question of the alternatives. There is an argument that oligarchal government is best. I'm not making it here btw. I am simply pointing out that there is an argument to that effect which is not addressed in the video. The blase assumption that it is bad represents a non sequitur. Such an assumption rests on envy.

spendius I am sure that there are supporters for any cause that can be dreamed up.
spendius

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 09:47 am
@reasoning logic,
There are no intelligent supporters of granting integrity or worth to considerations deriving from consuming, and encouraging others to consume, items of entertainment which purport to examine complex systems of finance and industry in 11 minute videos.

Mr Hartmann is not even up for comparing the confiscatory processes he is to be seen holding forth about to those of a highwayman, who at least risked his own life in the endeavour. If you like soundbite economics try that one.

You should consider reading the book I recommended if you really wish to know anything worth bothering about regarding these matters. I will admit that a first reading might leave you in that condition Bugs Bunny sometimes depicted on looking at himself in the mirror when in a mesmerised condition.

One might say that we are being robbed blind by fiendishly clever mathematical procedures, taught at our expense, in the absence of which a national health service is easily affordable and probably free beer as well.

As long as we could find a way of organising things in another way. After the Captains of Industry, the Captains of Finance and the Captains of Consumer Grooming the Captains of Integrity and Honest Dealing.

Will you explain how to bring such paragons of virtue to the head of affairs. If you can't my advice is to swallow it whole and count the blessings the aforesaid trinity of Captains have delivered into your insatiable lap. The Cof IHD is unknown in evolution.

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 09:53 am

If you want to see what Obama has planned for the now fragile
US economy you should watch http://2016themovie.com/

http://2016themovie.com/i/obamas_america_intro.jpg
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 10:10 am
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
If you want to see what Obama has planned for the now fragile
US economy you should watch http://2016themovie.com/

It cant be all that important of a movie or it would be given away for free or even better yet mailed to people in the mail.
spendius

Reply Sat 27 Oct, 2012 11:18 am
@reasoning logic,
You clumsy style rl detracts slightly from the profundity of your remark.
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 02:30 pm
@au1929,
au1929 wrote:

PDiddie
He will not be alone. With the situation rapidly progressing downward I am indeed interested in their response. It can't be "Happy days are here again." Or all we need is a good five cent cigar and a chicken in every pot.

Those are Hoover sayings. You must be older than I thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Fate leads him who follows it, drags him who resist. Plutarch
0 Replies

Rickoshay75

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2012 02:36 pm
@theantibuddha,
theantibuddha wrote:

I don't know. I personally think economics are the stupidest thing to ever be invented...

However I have heard various people who are more interested in economics than I suggesting that there have been several economic warning signs occuring within America that generally tend to come before extreme economic difficulty.

Personally I'm going to just have to wait and see, but it is certainly a worrying concern.

That all could turn around with another stimulus package, enough money to fix the crumbling infrastructure and roads, especially since borrowed money has such a low interest rate.

-------------------------------------------------

Fate leads him who follows it, drags him who resist. Plutarch
0 Replies