Nasty plumbing disasters.

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 12:18 pm
I live near a YMCA, but I'm not a member... maybe I can pay for a shower, I used to be able to do that in Santa Fe.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 01:22 pm
Tell them you want to check out an aerobics class. When it's over, just trot off to the showers. Razz
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 02:07 pm
hmmm.....
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 02:09 pm
OK?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 02:10 pm
I won't have time to do that tonight, but if I still don't have a shower tomorrow... maybe.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 02:14 pm
Some of the Boston hospitals have showers in the bathrooms.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 02:16 pm
I do have friends, not many, but a few. I can shower somewhere, I was just feeling a little POd last night.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 02:34 pm
It's supposed to rain on Saturday.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 02:40 pm
I live in a house with two-story apartments in back. When the shared sewage line to the main backs up, you can bet who knows it first. On a couple occasions I've had no choice but to start bailing the shower and tub with pails and toss the stuff out in the street. Nasty, but better than in the house.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 04:43 pm
With a pit toilet, there are no surprises.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 04:46 pm
And nobody can hear you fart....
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 04:51 pm
That's right, PD. You know exactly what you are going to get.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Fri 28 Feb, 2003 05:13 pm
"And in space... nobody can hear you fart!"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 09:25 am
So, looks like maybe after they cut out the tree roots, the pipe collapsed.... doh! So, they did a temp fix (again) and they'll be digging out the garden and sidewalk to replace the pipes. The ground is frozen so I can't even save the plants.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 09:29 am
It's warming up today.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 03:06 pm
I hope the landlords have good insurance for the resulting damages - they can probably cut you a break on your rent for a while, and get that back from the insurer, among other things.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 07:10 pm
Beth - interesting angle. I don't know if there is plumbing insurance though..... I don't get the impression that anything will be covered by anything.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 07:19 pm
The landlords should have some sort of insurance however anything related to flooding usually isnt covered although, this is related to plumbing and then however there is the whole unliveable thing where they could be forced to supply you with some sort of adequate housing in the meantime....and thats a health issue so, yeah, after a couple of days...Id bring that up. Who knows, you can drream of a night at the 4 Seasons Smile
You can shower here anytime however, I seem to be having to crawl out to the cellar and kick the pump more and more every week...I guess Sunday is better than Monday though Rolling Eyes
Thinking of that though....hey, it wouldnt be so bad if someone was here while a shower was being taken..you know, a pump kicker...then switch, and at least it works, in some twisted sort of way.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 07:23 pm
The plumbing was fixed on friday! I'm ok. It was a temp fix and on monday (they say) they'll do the digging outside. I guess the water will be shut off for the duration, but I don't think it'll take more than a day...... (knocking on wood veneer). The 4 seasons with my housemates - that'd be a blast.

Switch-kickers - there's an idea!
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Sun 2 Mar, 2003 07:27 pm
Temporary fix is not fixed..thats all. Another day is another day, know what I mean? Anyway..good to hear they are fixing it all on Monday..hoping that goes well! fingers crossed...yeah..knocking on big wooden blockhead. Smile
"Switch kickers"....giggles!
0 Replies