My dad is having an affair with my aunt.

alvie

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 01:41 am
I had known that my dad was having an affair since it was pretty obvious; however, I didn’t know it was with the woman next door who happens to be the sister of my mom. I know my mom deserves to know but I want to confront my dad first before telling her. I don’t want to see my mom crying. I’ll talk to my dad about it first and tell him to stop that nonsense. If he loves us, then he will stop seeing my aunt. I really don’t understand what has gotten into their little minds. However, if loving me and my mom is what he truly felt, then he must not have done such mistake.

jespah

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 06:36 am
@alvie,
Butt out.

I'm serious.

I know it's not easy and you are right in the thick of it. And you're in the midst of it even if you never wanted to be. If he was banging some woman from the office, you probably wouldn't know. But this being your neighbor and a close relative drags you into their drama.

Don't get dragged into their drama. Claw out of it instead. And if they try to pull you back in, for God's sake don't go willingly.

If your mother asks you, don't lie. But do not volunteer this information. Why? Because inevitably this will turn into a "shoot the messenger" situation.

If you want to tell your father to cut it out and that you know, well, I can't stop you. But I doubt it would help things much. He is engaging in exceptionally reckless behavior. He would have to be a fool to think it wouldn't be noticed by anyone.

And if you want to tell your aunt to cut it out and that you know (it takes two to tango, yes?), then I can't stop you from doing that, either. I suspect the best candidate for a confrontation, if you are hellbent on having on, is with her. But allow me to repeat my first sentence. Hard as it is to do -

BUTT OUT.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 08:26 am
@alvie,
alvie wrote:
I’ll talk to my dad about it first and tell him to stop that nonsense.

no. not up to you at all.

as jespah has said, BUTT OUT. don't lie about it, but don't get into the middle of something that is truly not your business.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 08:27 am
@alvie,
If you have enough time for monitoring your father's personal life, you also have time to study English.

Work on that.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:19 am
How old are you?

I disagree with the above answers. I think it would be OK to say to your dad” hey dad, I notice that you and aunt Xxx are acting real chummy. I’m sure you don’t want people to think something’s going on. I’m sure you don’t want to hurt mom .”

You could also say that to your aunt.

No telling what his or her response will be. But at least they know people notice.

There’s also the chance your mom already knows and she’s just waiting for the chaos to be over.
0 Replies

bunnyhabit

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 05:05 pm
only thing you will get out of opening up to him is punishment if under eighteen. if over you will be homeless. best to work on your own relationships than be jealous of daddy
0 Replies