Would you let her go even if she means the world to you?

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 01:40 am
My friends are calling me martyr, stupid, idiot, douchebag and more because I can’t let go of the girl who made me realize I am worthy of being loved too. She cheated on me many times but I just can’t let her go. I know she’s been loving me this whole time. I was just away, that’s why she cheated. Am I wrong for still keeping her? I always believe that if you love someone, you shouldn’t let that someone go. I can’t afford seeing her with somebody else. I loved, love and will be loving her for sure. Is that wrong?

jespah

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 06:32 am
@stupidbf35,
Don't waste your time giving affection and second and third and fifty-eighth chances to people who would never give them to you. Those people do not deserve your chances and your affections. She is one of those people.

Maybe consider counseling to learn why your self-esteem is so tanked that you would consider giving her the time of day -- and also to get better at understanding that you were worthy of being loved even before you met her.
tsarstepan

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 06:40 am
@stupidbf35,
Clearly, this girl has proven to you that there is something seriously wrong in the relationship. It's pretty broken... and very likely unfixable despite your unhealthy optimism.

stupidbf35 wrote:

I always believe that if you love someone, you shouldn’t let that someone go. I can’t afford seeing her with somebody else.

Have you ever heard of the truism, "If you love someone, set them free. If they come back they're yours; if they don't they never were..."?
stupidbf35 wrote:

I can’t afford seeing her with somebody else.

That's just ... WOW! Really toxic and possibly terrifying. Get yourself some serious therapy pronto.
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 13 Aug, 2018 10:23 am
No telling why people are suckers for someone who abuses them. Apparently she made you feel good once upon a time and THAT’S the feeling you crave.

You have to believe you can capture that feeling again, only with another girl.

Are you ready for that adventure?
stupidbf35

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 02:31 am
@jespah,
Hi! Thank you for your advice. I was just loving he but I failed to realize that the love I was talking about is slowly killing me. I will try counseling pretty soon. I really appreciate your comment.
0 Replies

stupidbf35

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 02:35 am
@tsarstepan,
Hi! I know I have been stupid for making myself drown to the love I think is right. However, I was just so into this girl that I thought keeping her would be the best way but i just realized it's not. Anyway, thank you for this mind-changing advice.
0 Replies

stupidbf35

Reply Tue 14 Aug, 2018 02:39 am
@PUNKEY,
Hi! First, thank you for the advice. Second, thank you for telling me I will someday find the one that is meant for me. Third, I just wanna say that adventure you are talking about is exciting but for now, I just have to focus on myself and fix myself as well. Thanks!
0 Replies