Will o's memories of Paul/Cav

will o the whisp

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:01 am
Greetings, everyone.

My apologies for not adding a few thoughts and memories about Cav for a few months. My day job (I'm a journalist) keeps me busy, I'm afraid.

That being said, I will post something about Cav in the next week or so. Stay tuned!
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:05 am
Can't wait !
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:39 am
That would be wonderful, will o' the whisp! Thanks for remembering. Very Happy
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:47 am
WOTW-its so kind of you to share these stories with us, I think it is a splendid way to remember our friends-please come back with more when you have time.

I never met him, however he was always a real presence for me as I flit in and out, time constraints are a bugbear for us all I am afraid.

Like all my cyber friennds Cav was real to me and I miss him.

Fond regards

Hiama
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:52 am
hiama! Surprised
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:58 am
Yep, like a bad penny I'm back again Very Happy
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 02:10 am
hiama wrote:
Yep, like a bad penny I'm back again Very Happy

That's good! Welcome back!Very Happy
May I suggest you drop in here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35573&highlight=
& let folks know. I recall your name being mentioned amongst the "A2k's lost & displaced", hiama. Very Happy
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 10:52 am
Great to see you HIAMA! Thanks for stopping back by Will o'!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 11:03 am
Good to see Will O' The Whisp and hiama again.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 12:55 pm
Little k and Beth-Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:00 pm
Welcome back, hiama, and glad to see you, Will O' - I am always ready to hear more Cav stories.
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 01:33 pm
Thank you Ossobuco-its great to be back
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 3 Aug, 2005 03:53 pm
You're REALLY back?

Flirtin' and all?
0 Replies

hiama

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 07:54 am
flirtin', flippant and frenetic and tardy as always-happy Birthday for 12-or maybe 13 days ago by now -Oz time- Debs Very Happy

I had chocolates-yum

Seems I'm still the same number of exact years older than you
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 08:54 am
Lol!!!!!!! Happy Happy to you too, me dear!!!

Tell us how you be???
0 Replies

Lady J

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:02 am
Wow...this is such a great thread. Thank you Will O' for starting it and keeping it going for all of us. I feel a lot like msolga at times, seeing some old threads where Cav had posted and every time I run across one of those, I'm a bit taken aback for a moment or two, catch my breath and actually have to look at the posting date. I still can't get past the feeling that he is not posting in the here and now as he still remains so alive in my heart and thoughts.

hiama, we have never had the pleasure of meeting before, but let me tell you, if you are a friend of this motley crew, I can't help but adore you already! Smile
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 10:52 am
BBB
Earlier this week, I prepared a different kind (at least for me) of cole slaw salad. My first impulse was to post it for Cav's opinion. I do so miss the discussions we had about food.

I used a bag of shredded cabbage and carrots. I soaked a cup of dried cranberries in a bowl with the contents of a large can of crushed pineapple until the cranberries plumped up. I added in equal portions some commercial cole slaw dressing and some mayonnaise, and a cup of chopped walnuts. Combined everything together and refrigerated it until ready to eat.

I call my salad Sweet and Sour Cole Slaw. It was good, I wonder if Cav would have liked it?

BBB Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2005 09:13 pm
I know what you mean, BBB. The other day my husband asked me to tell him again how to cook hard-boiled eggs the "right" way. I'll never forget what Cav told us, and I'll never make them any other way now.

Wherever he is, I hope he is happy. He sure made me happy...dozens of times.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2005 04:59 pm
I spoke to someone yesterday who'd seen my New York pix - wondered about theCav character that appears in some of the photos - had a great talk about Cav and the things he taught me about. It was awfully nice to keep on sharing Cav stories.
0 Replies

will o the whisp

Reply Tue 4 Jul, 2006 06:39 am
It's been far too long...
Hello everyone,

My apologies for letting this thread lapse. (It's been about a year since my last post...jeez). I still have many memories of Cav, and I hope you are still interested in reading them.

Later this week, I will post a new entry. So, for the time being, we'll call this a teaser! :wink:

Speak to you soon.

WOTW
0 Replies