Oh the irony! I love it...

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 01:47 pm
This is completely frivolous, but had to share. After a long SARS-influenced dry spell in my normal corporate business, guess who calls today to book an interactive cooking team-building event with yours truly? Yep, McDonald's Canada, Inc. Better hide the avatar....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,862 • Replies: 12
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 01:53 pm
Cav- Actually I think that the avatar should be the picture of the theme of the event. Imagine a huge poster behind the podium, the picture on the folders that you give to the participants, even a little image on the pens that go into the folders. I think that it would be a great hit! Laughing Very Happy Surprised
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 01:55 pm
Cav! Laughing

You must give details of what you plan to do!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 02:05 pm
Ha ha Phoenix! It is a small group, so I expect it is the top brass, not the teens who are forced to smile and ask "Do you want to supersize?" There will be no pens, no folders. We cook, and we do it without recipes!

A full 3-course dinner will be prepared, served and eaten, with much wine flowing. People will be broken up into 'course' teams, and all will be under my supervision. The idea of not using recipes is to get the people to interact in a way that does not fall into a typical 'formula', either by instructions or by learned behaviour i.e. 'Survivor', learn to work as a real team. I have noticed in the past that groups end up amazed at what they cook, even though I am still the silent tyrant in the background Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 03:33 pm
i need you to make them know this. In certain areas of the country, 9US) mcdees tries to make up local favorites. They always f*ck em up. Like in Maine, they serve a McLObstah roll. They must get their lobster from the Gulf of Kerabugas, because it has always had a p-nut taste. AND, on top of that, they give you a single piece of lobstah and about 4 lb of lettuce, all on a hot dog roll. If you cant do a decent attempt, dont do it at all.

how about a broiled fish sammich? why must every goddam thing be fried in this rendered spermacetii.
Boy, they need to hear more from their customers and tell their chefs to LISTEN.

BUT-they make a damn good egg mcmuffin, which, without much problem for eat-in only, they could turn out a decent Egg mcbennie, all theyd have to do is have a big pot of hollandaise in a water bath, no?
Ive got stock in that business and I think i may take the recent hit (Ive still done very well) if they dont get on the stick
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 03:59 pm
Well farmerman....unfortunately, as humble 'hired help' really, I can't give my two cents. However, their request for large amounts of wine may be an indication that they know whereof you speak Very Happy
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 04:06 pm
You're going to cook? Give 'em take out from <snicker> Mc <chortle> Donalds.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 04:49 pm
McSnorkle!
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 05:15 pm
Do you want my recipe for fantastic Alice B. Toklas brownies? That would put them in a lovely mood.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 05:16 pm
Problem is, I haven't made them in almost 40 years. LOL
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 6 May, 2003 05:19 pm
Diane- If you would whip up a batch, I'd be happy to give you an impartial review. One or two wouldn't be enough. I'd need a lot to give you an educated evaluation! Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 12:37 am
Hey, I've got an idea. When they come, run out to the nearest mcDonalds, get a bunch of stuff and serve it to them, then tell them that you wanted to make sure they had the very best ;-)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 7 May, 2003 01:09 am
cf

I take it that you deal with *good food*, as opposed to fast?
Looks like they want the type of food they are used to, in their REAL LIVES ... No rubbishy repasts for these executives - that's for the peasants, obviously. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies