Another Iraq War Lie by the Neocons

tommrr

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 10:35 am
Here is just a little of what I have found in response to the story.
"His story is a load of bull. Saddam was captured by Task Force 121, which is composed mainly of Delta Force (more information available here). No marines participated in the capture of Saddam Hussein. He's just another person looking to make a quick buck."
"First of all, there were no major Marine units in Iraq at the time that Saddam was captured. The last Marines to leave Iraq left at the end of September '03 (I was in the last Marine convoy to leave Iraq, trust me on this one). Marines did not re-enter Iraq en masse until January of '04."
"Fourth, I looked up who was killed around that time here: http://icasualties.org/oif/BY_DOD.aspx and couldn't find either anyone of Sudanese descent, nor any Marines (goes back to my first point) killed around that time."
http://theneocon.blogspot.com/2005/03/ex-marine-alleges-saddam-story-was.html
0 Replies

coachryan

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 01:47 pm
I find it more interesting that several media outlets were willing to entertain the idea that it was staged, then again with what we've learned about the lynch story and the statue toppling, stories like this are more and more plausible.

I think that this says more about the feasibility of this administration, and therefore (unfortunately) that of the United States.

Although i suppose that that's changing the subject. Guess I'm learning Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 02:19 pm
Every time I read the word "neocon" all I can hear in my head is the sound of liberal tears falling in their beer.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 04:41 pm
coachryan wrote:
I find it more interesting that several media outlets were willing to entertain the idea that it was staged, then again with what we've learned about the lynch story and the statue toppling, stories like this are more and more plausible.

I think that this says more about the feasibility of this administration, and therefore (unfortunately) that of the United States.

Although i suppose that that's changing the subject. Guess I'm learning Rolling Eyes

What was wrong with the bringing down of the statue of Saddam? Are you saying that this was staged?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 04:42 pm
Quote:
What was wrong with the bringing down of the statue of Saddam? Are you saying that this was staged?

Well, the part when they said a bunch of Iraqis toppled it was staged, seeing as it was the US who toppled it.

The best lies have a hint of truth in them...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:30 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Quote:

Well, the part when they said a bunch of Iraqis toppled it was staged, seeing as it was the US who toppled it.

The best lies have a hint of truth in them...

Cycloptichorn

I don't know about you, but when I saw it happen there was a US military vehicle there helping to pull down the statue. I do believe the Iraqi's were there trying and the US wrecker showed up to help.
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:33 pm
What's wrong with staging a few shows anyway? Jeepers if I was running this War on Terror thingie I'd be looking for every advantage I could get as well.

Not content with having a supine mainstream media embeded with my troops and subject to military direction at every twist and turn I'd sure want a few photo ops such as the breathtaking rescue of Jessica - even if I had to manufacture them.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 05:36 pm
Comon, does anyone believe everything they see is true?

http://www.brianzapopolare.it/sezioni/vignette/assets/2004/20040111_bush_saddam_chirac_400x190.jpg
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 06:19 pm
Decisions, decisions! To drink the white or the red? Ah keep it safe and go for the champagne Very Happy
0 Replies