Another Iraq War Lie by the Neocons

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:25 pm
http://www.13wham.com/news/national/story.aspx?content_id=422B960A-26BA-4891-9E60-21C8818788D4

United Press International

A former U.S. Marine who participated in capturing ousted Iraqi President Saddam Hussein said the public version of his capture was fabricated.

Ex-Sgt. Nadim Abou Rabeh, of Lebanese descent, was quoted in the Saudi daily al-Medina Wednesday as saying Saddam was actually captured Friday, Dec. 12, 2003, and not the day after, as announced by the U.S. Army.

"I was among the 20-man unit, including eight of Arab descent, who searched for Saddam for three days in the area of Dour near Tikrit, and we found him in a modest home in a small village and not in a hole as announced," Abou Rabeh said.

"We captured him after fierce resistance during which a Marine of Sudanese origin was killed," he said.

He said Saddam himself fired at them with a gun from the window of a room on the second floor. Then they shouted at him in Arabic: "You have to surrender. ... There is no point in resisting."

"Later on, a military production team fabricated the film of Saddam's capture in a hole, which was in fact a deserted well," Abou Rabeh said.

Abou Rabeh was interviewed in Lebanon.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,623 • Replies: 28
No top replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:46 pm
uh-huh. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:48 pm
What, you don't think they would do such a thing?

Remember Jessica Lynch?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JustWonders

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:50 pm
I think I saw the "ex-Sgt." at the pro-Syria rally yesterday.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:51 pm
I wonder what that "ex-Lynch" is up to now?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:53 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
What, you don't think they would do such a thing?

Remember Jessica Lynch?

Cycloptichorn

Do you have to change the subject in every thread you post in? Can you get some ritalin or something?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:54 pm
I'm not changing the subject at all. The subject is the possibility of the US staging an event to make it look good for the home audiences. There is evidence that they have done this before. My example directly relates to the subject, whereas the post where you rolled your eyes did not, and your last one did not.

Neither does this one. See who is really getting threads off track, McG?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:55 pm
LOL..
You make me dizzy McG with the way you twist stuff.
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 03:57 pm
It takes a twisted mind to twist the obvious. I'm surprised McGentrix's brain hasn't been twisted into a pulp...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:53 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
It takes a twisted mind to twist the obvious. I'm surprised McGentrix's brain hasn't been twisted into a pulp...

Aren't you the one who always talks about hate and name calling from the right, but you seem to do so in every thread as of late. What's the deal?
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 05:55 pm
I also talk about the neoconservative lies. Which was the original intent of this thread.

And there are so many...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 06:01 pm
You never seem to add anything of substance but naming calling and supposed lies of the right.

If this guy is telling the truth then I would like to see the AAR of the event. That should provide all information that is needed.

I will now immitate Dook in a post.

"Liar liar pants on fire hanging by a telephone wire."
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:36 pm
Baldimo wrote:
"Liar liar pants on fire hanging by a telephone wire."

I hear the sound of Baldimo holding his fingers to his ears and yelling "LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA, don't wanna hear about the lying turds, LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA...."

Laughing

Um, oh, wait. I know this game; I know you are, but what am I? Is that the vernacular you prefer, Baldimo? Sure seems like it...

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Dookiestix

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:39 pm
Now, Baldimo, what does your last statement have to do with the aforementioned topic of this thread"? (which is "propaganda," but don't tell the other neocons...sshhhh)

Nothing.

But if you have the balls to actually address this issue, then try. I certainly wouldn't blame a neocon for at least trying...
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 11:52 pm
Dookiestix wrote:
Now, Baldimo, what does your last statement have to do with the aforementioned topic of this thread"? (which is "propaganda," but don't tell the other neocons...sshhhh)

Nothing.

But if you have the balls to actually address this issue, then try. I certainly wouldn't blame a neocon for at least trying...

Here was my response the the article:

Quote:
If this guy is telling the truth then I would like to see the AAR of the event. That should provide all information that is needed.

If this soldier could provide us with the AAR (After Action Review) of the event then I would be willing to provide a comment. Why he waited for over a year to say something and he is the only one saying this, it makes me doubt that it is true.
0 Replies

Instigate

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 12:34 am
So what if it is true?. It is a valid military tactic. Capture the leader and interrogate him while any of his remaining infrastructure remains targetable. There's alot you could do with the unannounced capture of Saddam. Why waste an advantage?

I hate to be the one to tell you Dookie, but you are not privy to secret military operations. Judging by his court appearances, he seems unmolested.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 01:50 am
Dookie and Cyclopti are bound and determined to take each and every report concerning Iraq, Social Security, Abortion et al, and twist it into a damning condemnation of Bush, his administration, Republicans, conservatives, and America in general.

It would be more interesting if it were bait, but it's not.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 08:17 am
Why are we to think this one persons account is to be believed?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:25 am
Saddam was known as the "lion of Baghdad" it's humiliating for all arab's to realize that their so called lion was more like the Lion of cowardice. The reality is destructive to guys in Al Q and those organizations so they fabricate their own reality that truly Saddam fought back. Of course you can't make that claim immediately after he's been caught because people still remember the picture's of him with crap in his hair.

A year or so later you can make the claim because people forget what he looked like when the Doc was examining him. Yeah, we pasted that nasty beard on him and the lice.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 10 Mar, 2005 09:34 am
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Dookie and Cyclopti are bound and determined to take each and every report concerning Iraq, Social Security, Abortion et al, and twist it into a damning condemnation of Bush, his administration, Republicans, conservatives, and America in general.

What Finn said.
0 Replies