Dirty Elbows and Knees

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:08 pm
I've been trying to clean my dirty dark elbows and knees for the past 5 months, and theres not much progress. It is almost stained darker than the other parts of my skin.

Can anyone offer any suggestions other then to go see the skin doctor?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 11,838 • Replies: 3
No top replies

littlek

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:19 pm
That depends - I imagine that your skin is discolored rather than dirty. If it is indeed dirt, try soaking affected areas in bleach and water. It will dry the hell out of your hands, but it should lighten dirt and superficial staining. Don't use much bleach at first (a cap-full or two per 1/2 gallon water). If this mild solution doesn't work, try 1 or 2 more capfulls of bleach.

But, I'll repeat this, it will dry your skin something fierce. Apply lotion after soaking and keep it lotioned up for a couple days.

Also, BE CAREFUL with your clothes - I don't know what ration causes clothing to bleach out.

If it's your skin that's discolored (my knee skin is just darker then the rest of me), I dunno what can be done barring some michael jackson skin lightening techniques.

Good luck
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:30 pm
Try olive oil. Massage in a generous amount of olive oil and let it soak in for about 15 minutes - you can wipe it off with a paper towel. Repeat if necessary. I would also recommend a good soak in a hot bath followed by a gentle rub with a pumice stone to remove any dead skin. Dirt can get into dry/dead skin and make the area look discolored. If these treatments do not work I would go to a dermatologist.
0 Replies

amph1bius

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 10:42 am
Yeah it's more discolored than dirty.

Thanks for the correction
0 Replies