RexRed

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 01:23 am
You are authors of you own confusion...

The truth lives.

It lives in me only to the extent that I learn the truth through study of the word of God and honesty of character.

Jews, Muslims and Christians can all have the word stolen from them by the devil. No one is spared this battle...

If you don't love and honour God's word it only goes to show the seed of the word fell on rocky ground and your salvation has been challenged.

This proves the principles of the Bible are laws.

It is unbelief in the form of wrong teaching and/or ignorance that breeds disbelief.

I made it successfully to the heart of God and I am here to build a bridge for you all to see the word of God rightly divided for yourselves.

2Ti 2:15
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Comment:
What is this verse saying?

That the Bible can be "rightly divided" by study...

Yes, STUDY...

What is more important to you the study of dead bones or the study of God?
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 01:59 am
So of all those who have "STUDIED" the various versions of the bible, which of you who claim to have found this truth, am I supposed to believe?.... and how do you KNOW it, other than by the depth of your self-fulfilling feeling?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 05:20 am
rex
Quote:
. If we study the "dead bones" , we can find you some more oil. Nobody who studies the Bible as science can do that.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 06:17 am
Rex wrote:
I love the word of God for this plain and rare truth...

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.
Hosea 13:16

And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.
Numbers 15:32-36

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.
Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Numbers 31:15-18

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Psalm 137:9

That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
2Chronicles 15:13

But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.
Therefore he brought upon them the king of the Chaldees, who slew their young men with the sword in the house of their sanctuary, and had no compassion upon young man or maiden, old man, or him that stooped for age: he gave them all into his hand.
2 Chronicles 36: 16,17

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Thessalonians 1:7-9

And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Zechariah 14:12

God's answer to all problems? Kill them all. That's the word of God.

Rex wrote:
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 06:53 am
xingu wrote:

The truth of the matter is that what's written in any book is purely the work of men. And unfortunately, humanity can't start solving problems until it takes responsibility for its own actions. No more Gods. No more escapism. We're killing ourselves with self-delusion.
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 07:13 am
One would think that if God is so wise and just he would be;

1. Tolerant of their beliefs.

2. Realize that killing people is not a solution but a problem.

3. Not be so vain as to think everyone must praise him or die.

If humans can understand this why can't God of the Bible?

When one speaks of evil in humans that very same evil is seen in God of the Bible.

Is killing innocent children and babies evil? If yes then God of the Bible is evil.

Should people be killed because of their religious beliefs? Is that evil? If yes then God of the Bible is evil.

Is it just to punish generations of descendants for sins of their ancestors? If the answer is no then God of the Bible is not a just God.

Again I will ask Real and Rex;
What advantage/reward do you expect to get from your God for believing in creationism/ID vs. those who believe in evolution?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 09:05 am
xingu wrote:
Again I will ask Real and Rex;
What advantage/reward do you expect to get from your God for believing in creationism/ID vs. those who believe in evolution?

I don't think I've ever said there's a special 'advantage' or 'reward' for believing in creationism.

But I guess anytime you can divert attention from discussing the shortcomings of evolution itself, then it's a good day for you, eh?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 09:07 am
Given the loony character of religious assertions, you, of course, take every opportunity to avoid a discussion of any proof for your assertions.

What evidence, circumstantial or of any other character, do you have to assert that the diversity of life on this planet is the result of a creation?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 09:57 am
Real wrote:
I don't think I've ever said there's a special 'advantage' or 'reward' for believing in creationism.

But I guess anytime you can divert attention from discussing the shortcomings of evolution itself, then it's a good day for you, eh?

No, you never did say. I've asked you and you avoided the question. Would you prefer I start a new thread and ask you this question, since you believe I'm digressing. Would you answer it then or would you still avoid it?

Quote:
"If YOU believe in Evolution instead of Jesus, you'll end up in hell." Chick Publications' gospel tract "Apes, lies and Ms. Henn." (Emphasis in the original)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 10:37 am
rl
Quote:

Quite incorrect. The shortcomings need to be discussed, researched, vetted, and dismissed with strong cases of evidence . Otherwise , evolution would be no better than the basis for Creationism. Do you actually think that , throughout the world, the millions of scientists, physicians, and even economic geologists who depend on the veracity of evolutionary thinking would stick with a ship if it were drowning? That may be good enough for you but your livelihood doesnt depend on correct answers in this arena. You can spout fairy tales and "friendly God" and legends, but it doesnt get the jobs done.
As Ive asked you before (since weve diverted from the topic to religious "feel goodery") name one scientist who has made one advance(and , for extra credit let us know the actual advance) having used Creationist hypotheses. And please no diversions ont Newton. Dont obfuscate the point when you know darn well that the term "creationist" only came into being at the last part of the 19th century as a "weak backlash movement" to modernism. I cant think of a single piece of science or medicine. In fact its quite the opposite.

So as far as "a good day for evolution is any day that we can ignore a problem".thats just an untruth and you know it. The problems we uncover are recipes for new research.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 10:41 am
In fact the more we don't know about Evolution the better. It means there's more for us to research and means scientists won't go out of a job. If you see a whole in Evolution and you don't tell a scientist, he'll go nuts. Why are you keeping that hole away from him, when he could be getting a research grant to find out what that particular hole in our knowledge is?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 10:51 am
Laughing .
RL is of another mind on this .

HEy only 130 posts to go to the big 10K. Someone should go back and summarize
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 10:57 am
xingu wrote:
Rex wrote:

Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.
Hosea 13:16

And while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day.
And they that found him gathering sticks brought him unto Moses and Aaron, and unto all the congregation.
And they put him in ward, because it was not declared what should be done to him.
And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp.
And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses.
Numbers 15:32-36

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive?
Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD.
Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.
But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Numbers 31:15-18

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Psalm 137:9

That whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.
2Chronicles 15:13

But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.
Therefore he brought upon them the king of the Chaldees, who slew their young men with the sword in the house of their sanctuary, and had no compassion upon young man or maiden, old man, or him that stooped for age: he gave them all into his hand.
2 Chronicles 36: 16,17

And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Thessalonians 1:7-9

And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.
Zechariah 14:12

Rex wrote:

How you err in spiritual discernment of the one TRUE God...

Which "God" was making these "laws"?

The God of this world or the one true God?

Again your broken theology demonstrates your reasoning facilities are capable on only two dimensions...
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 11:02 am
RexRed wrote:
xingu wrote:
Rex wrote:

Rex wrote:

Which God was making these "laws"?

According to Christians, it is the one true God, whom is also the God of this World.

RexRed, you yourself display such a wonderful example of doublethink that I've ever seen. Anything that contradicts your ideals, you dismiss, even if those contradictions comes from the same source as the proof for your ideals.

Just put your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and sing repeatedly, "La, la, la, la, la, la!" The evidence that contradicts you will eventually go away.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 11:03 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
In fact the more we don't know about Evolution the better. It means there's more for us to research and means scientists won't go out of a job. If you see a whole in Evolution and you don't tell a scientist, he'll go nuts. Why are you keeping that hole away from him, when he could be getting a research grant to find out what that particular hole in our knowledge is?

God... Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 11:04 am
farmerman wrote:
rex
Quote:
. If we study the "dead bones" , we can find you some more oil. Nobody who studies the Bible as science can do that.

My dad and moms dad were the sea captains on oil tankers not me. Smile
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 11:22 am
Wolf_ODonnell wrote:
RexRed wrote:
xingu wrote:
Rex wrote:

Rex wrote:

Which God was making these "laws"?

According to Christians, it is the one true God, whom is also the God of this World.

RexRed, you yourself display such a wonderful example of doublethink that I've ever seen. Anything that contradicts your ideals, you dismiss, even if those contradictions comes from the same source as the proof for your ideals.

Just put your fingers in your ears, close your eyes and sing repeatedly, "La, la, la, la, la, la!" The evidence that contradicts you will eventually go away.

I am not denying the written word I am just noting that you take the word out of context and interpret it on on face value only and do not uncover one stone to dig under the surface and find the true God that has been hidden by human spiritual ineptitude.

After all what was the purpose of a messiah or Jesus if the old testament prophets were right on the money with God?

Can you even seriously entertain a logical thought like that?

Also I do not know a single Christian that considers the God of this world to be the one true God...

2Co 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Comment:
Wow, I will pray for you...
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 11:27 am
farmerman wrote:

Quick Summary:
"The world will end before people agree on how it began."
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 11:37 am
wandeljw wrote:
farmerman wrote:

Quick Summary:
"The world will end before people agree on how it began."

Every person will come before the judgment seat of God...

Then they will know who it was who created them...

Their petty reasonings will vanish revealing the stark void and reality of their own blindness.

Some will see the world end, some will see a world without end...
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 4 May, 2006 11:42 am
farmerman wrote:
rl
Quote:

Quite incorrect. The shortcomings need to be discussed, researched, vetted, and dismissed with strong cases of evidence . Otherwise , evolution would be no better than the basis for Creationism. Do you actually think that , throughout the world, the millions of scientists, physicians, and even economic geologists who depend on the veracity of evolutionary thinking would stick with a ship if it were drowning? That may be good enough for you but your livelihood doesnt depend on correct answers in this arena. You can spout fairy tales and "friendly God" and legends, but it doesnt get the jobs done.
As Ive asked you before (since weve diverted from the topic to religious "feel goodery") name one scientist who has made one advance(and , for extra credit let us know the actual advance) having used Creationist hypotheses. And please no diversions ont Newton. Dont obfuscate the point when you know darn well that the term "creationist" only came into being at the last part of the 19th century as a "weak backlash movement" to modernism. I cant think of a single piece of science or medicine. In fact its quite the opposite.

So as far as "a good day for evolution is any day that we can ignore a problem".thats just an untruth and you know it. The problems we uncover are recipes for new research.

Hi Farmerman,

Please do not misunderstand. This post was not a reference to you at all. It was specifically directed to xingu. I appreciate your consistent focus 'on topic'.

However, you would have to agree that Newton was a 'creationist' even if the term itself was not used at the time.

His whole outlook on life, including science, was consistent with his beliefs which included his conviction that God had created the universe, the earth and all that is in them. He did not compartmentalize 'science' over here, and 'faith' over there.

The same is true of many of the giants of science who built the foundation of modern science that we inherited in the last 100 years.

Had they been alive today, they and their beliefs would most accurately be described as 'creationist'. The term simply wasn't used then, but that's what they believed.
0 Replies