RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 12:45 pm
LW, the universe is within you, are you dumb?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 12:50 pm
tin_sword_arthur wrote:
RexRed wrote:
(most Catholics don't read the Bible anyway.. should figure.)[/color]

Boy, if I didn't know any better I'd swear I was the one who wrote this.
Be careful of these blanket statements, Rex. That's a slippery slope, no matter what the subject.

This was not meant as disrespectful or unkind to people (Roman Catholic people and Christians in general are very charitable.) but was directed toward broken systems of faith and practice...
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 12:58 pm
We can learn from rocks millions of years of the earth's history. They have retained this history within their ions and composure.

Each passing moment has left it's history within these rocks. It is just not the kind of history we see as relevant. But this is part of HIS story not ours...
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 01:23 pm
What is a rock's historical composure?
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 01:35 pm
RexRed,

I will try to answer some of your questions about the news article on British education policies.

Quote:
These people think they are smart because they know the Greek word for "mob" -- Ekklesia

Ekklesia is an online news service specializing in news about religion in England and Wales.

Quote:
So from a US point of view this is confusing... is she UK school minister as in education minister or school minister as in clergy?

In the UK, Tony Blair is, of course, the "prime" minister. Members of his "cabinet" are also called ministers (not "secretaries" as cabinet members in the U.S. are called).

Quote:
How about objective science? This is not teaching but dictating. The students will be railing on these teachers who try to obscure their fundamental right to choice. I will be with them on this one.

The minister is excluding creationism from science classes. She states that creation can be taught in "RE" classes. "RE" denotes religious education.

Quote:
What might this "category mistake" be? That God did NOT create the heavens and the earth? Great clergy you are. If you can doubt the first lines of the Bible you can doubt any line anywhere you want and the whole book is worthless. (most Catholics don't read the Bible anyway.. should figure.)

The leader of the Anglican Church called creationism a "category mistake". In other words, issues of religion should be kept separate from issues of science.

Most of your objections, rexred, seem to indicate that you are not willing to keep issues of religion separate from issues of science. In the UK, both the education minister and the leader of the Anglican Church want to keep issues of religion separate from issues of science.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 02:35 pm
RexRed wrote:
LW, the universe is within you, are you dumb?

I just had a nova and it's given me heartburn.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 02:54 pm
Rex, what about: "Planet Of The Apes"
How does that all fit in?

Rex, what about: "Beneath The Planet Of The Apes"

Rex, what about: "Escape From The Planet Of The Apes"

Rex, what about: "Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes"

Rex, what about: "Battle For The Planet Of The Apes"

Rex, what about: "Planet Of The Apes 2001"

I really feel Rex, that the downfall of man, all those super apes, super science, time travel, and global destruction with nuclear bombs must mean something very big in God's plan. Could it be the biblical prophecy of Armageddon? Could it be the biblical prophecy of the Apocalypse?

I am sure Rex, that with so many sequels repeating the same message about sick science, it must mean God is trying very hard to tell us something very important!
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 02:56 pm
That Earth is gona go BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 05:35 pm
Oh no it isn't. Not in any sort of short-term anyway.

You can't get away with the daily grind that easy.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 06:19 pm
spendius wrote:

You don't think that a scientist in a lab could not accidentally stumble on the key to uncreate existence?
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 06:19 pm
Yes I can -- I have a burr grinder and the coffee is fabulous.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 07:28 pm
RexRed wrote:
spendius wrote:

You don't think that a scientist in a lab could not accidentally stumble on the key to uncreate existence?

This type of thing happens a lot in science fiction, especially those cheap "I told ya so" sort of stories you see on Twilight Zone and such. And sci-fi is great stuff, but you have to know where the science ends and the fiction begins. Otherwise you're just chicken little.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 07:34 pm
That is why I asked Rex about "Planet Of The Apes" a few posts back. He seems to have overlooked it, that's not like him. RedRex moves in mysterious ways.........
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 07:42 pm
He's missed his (or her) calling -- writing sci-fi.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 07:52 pm
wandeljw wrote:

The leader of the Anglican Church called creationism a "category mistake". In other words, issues of religion should be kept separate from issues of science.

Most of your objections, rexred, seem to indicate that you are not willing to keep issues of religion separate from issues of science. In the UK, both the education minister and the leader of the Anglican Church want to keep issues of religion separate from issues of science.

How can one separate the creator from creation?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 07:59 pm
Lightwizard wrote:
He's missed his (or her) calling -- writing sci-fi.

Consider, much of yesterday's sci-fi is today's science.

I remember my mother telling me a friend laughed at her when she said one day humans would walk on the moon...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 08:03 pm
Quote:
. Actually, its the other way around really.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 08:09 pm
farmerman wrote:
Quote:
. Actually, its the other way around really.

Could you reword it the way you see it?

Are you saying today's science is sci-fi? Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 08:19 pm
Easy, I think that the science predates the science-fiction. All the Victorian writers that wrote about sci-fi (Doyle, Wells, Verne, Shelly etc) were actually writing fiction after hearing about science "theories" or discoveries.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Fri 28 Apr, 2006 08:20 pm
Almost a thousand pages, I feel a vision of biblical proportions coming on...

Shocked
http://www.angels-on-earth.us/webimages/angel-left.jpg
0 Replies