Arella Mae

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 12:28 pm
Well, Set, actually I wasn't posing that question to you. C.I., always called me MA until you started calling me MOAN. I was just curious about it.

And my screen name has nothing to do with me being either a mother or an angel. I use one screen name for everything. It was a name given to me by an organization I am affiliated with.

And thank you for being so nice to me this morning. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day yesterday.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 12:32 pm
"Thanksgiving" as a holiday means nothing to me--i'm not a devotee of the phoney religiosity which Lincoln was displaying when he instituted the holiday in 1863.

You know, you address me commonly as "Set," and yet you really don't know me, and certainly cannot reasonably describe me as your friend. That is how i am addressed by those, such as MA (Merry Andrew) who have known me online for years, even before this site existed. You take a liberty in so doing.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 12:33 pm
Well, I'll point out once again that the introduction of a purely assumption-based, counter-intuitive, contradiction-laden, untestable, magical, "answer all" component does nothing of functional benefit to any law, theory, hypotheses, or postulate. Doing so may provide comfort to some, but in no way does it advance understanding or honestly deal with reality.

Those who feel a need for comfort are welcome to whatever comfort thay may find wherever they may find it, however, comfort of the sort they seek is not to be found in the rational realm, and I resent and ever will oppose - politely and civily, of course - the attempts of such as would seek to impose their superstitious comforts on the universe.

Well, there are a few hocus-pocus practioners I'd like to shoot, but I control the urge.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 12:43 pm
Setanta,

I apologize and will not make the mistake of referring to you in that manner again. I didn't mean Thanksgiving Day in a religious sense. I hope that you had a nice day yesterday and wish the same for you today.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:01 pm
Setanta wrote:
"Thanksgiving" as a holiday means nothing to me--i'm not a devotee of the phoney religiosity which Lincoln was displaying when he instituted the holiday in 1863.

Thanksgiving is a great opportunity to eat, drink, gather, visit and talk. To me it is nothing more. And because of that, it is the "purest" and most enjoyable holiday we have.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:01 pm
Well said rosborne979.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:05 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
... the "purest" and most enjoyable holiday we have.

But ... but ... whuttabout Arbor Day, or National Cheese Week?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:14 pm
Mmmmmmmmmmmm . . . cheese . . .
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:14 pm
timberlandko wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
... the "purest" and most enjoyable holiday we have.

But ... but ... whuttabout Arbor Day, or National Cheese Week?

Arbor day is fun, but sometimes you have to plant a tree. And that's too much like work. Thanksgiving involves eating, drinking, talking and sitting. You do have to cook and clean, but it all happens in a warm house, and you can drink while doing it. Very hard to beat.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:19 pm
rosborne979 wrote:
Thanksgiving involves eating, drinking, talking and sitting

I appreciate your point, but its pretty much a matter of attitude and application - you can get every day of the week to work for that activity set - I know I do - just ask Mrs Timber :wink:
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:26 pm
timberlandko wrote:
rosborne979 wrote:
Thanksgiving involves eating, drinking, talking and sitting

I appreciate your point, but its pretty much a matter of attitude and application - you can get every day of the week to work for that activity set - I know I do - just ask Mrs Timber :wink:

Lucky you. I have to work most of the time.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:32 pm
Now you're starting to sound just like her Laughing
0 Replies

username

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:37 pm
momma, I don't think you and I have ever agreed about anything in the threads we've both posted on, and I could at best call you an acquaintance, but, frankly, I don't care. It's obvious that virtually everybody shortens others' screen names rather than having to type the whole long thing over and over, so if you ever feel the need to shorten my, ahem, username, or give me a nic, feel free--I know you well enough to know you won't give me anything derogatory or disrespectful. And I also have no resonance for any lingering religious content to Thanksgiving, but I hope yours was everything you could have wished for.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 01:56 pm
Username,

I appreciate what you posted. Thank you. However, you seem to know something I don't? You seem to know me but I don't know you?

Thank you so much for the Thanksgiving wishes.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 05:06 pm
Evolution how? has been answered ad nauseum by many posters on this and other threads of a2k. You just don't "get it."

You keep asking the question about evolution, but fail to provide any verifiable answer to "creation how?"
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 05:51 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
Evolution how? has been answered ad nauseum by many posters on this and other threads of a2k. You just don't "get it."

You keep asking the question about evolution, but fail to provide any verifiable answer to "creation how?"

C.I.,

The topic of the thread is not Creation? How? It's Evolution? How?

We have attempted time after time after time to explain how we feel and believe. If you don't get it, then you don't get it. It's no different than us not getting it from what you say. It's just differing beliefs and views.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:13 pm
Quote:

There are none.If there were we wouldn't be arguing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:26 pm
It's staggering to me that there are people who think of science as a "view".
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:29 pm
You must be easily "staggered" E.
0 Replies

xk8jaguar

Reply Fri 25 Nov, 2005 06:30 pm
Just as it is staggering to me that some pick out just one word and make something out of it.
0 Replies