Guys, what should women wear...

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 06:58 am
Hi

Im interested to know what you like to see girls wearing.

Im going to a pals birthday party at a pub/club in a couple of weeks and we are all in a cuffuffle as to what we should wear.
Im thinking of going for a smart pair of funky trousers with heels,a white vest top and a bit of sparkly jewelery.

Would you prefer to see girls in skirts?

Any other ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,806 • Replies: 25
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 07:01 am
Anything diaphanous.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 07:11 am
Re: Guys, what should women wear...
material girl wrote:
Im interested to know what you like to see girls wearing.

Nothing.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 08:30 am
I don't mind too much what women wear, as long as it suits them. Speaking as a man who knows very little about women's fashion, I'll only notice what a woman's wearing if it doesn't suit her - too baggy (for slim girls), too tight (for larger girls) etc. Or if there's a load of leg or cleavage on show!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 08:33 am
Grand duke-are you saying you dont like too much cleavage or legs?

I have wobbly arms,not huge but not the slim like Jennifer Anistons and countless other celebs.Would it be yucky to have them out?

Francis and gustavratzenhofer-You are naughty and must be spanked.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:16 am
material girl wrote:
Grand duke-are you saying you dont like too much cleavage or legs?

I meant that even if a woman is otherwise badly dressed (poor colour choice, bad cut, whatever), me (and most other men) would always notice a load of lovely cleavage or leg!

Quote:
I have wobbly arms,not huge but not the slim like Jennifer Anistons and countless other celebs.Would it be yucky to have them out?

Most women I've ever met in real life don't have stick-arms like them. Not yucky at all!

Quote:
Francis and gustavratzenhofer-You are naughty and must be spanked.

Very naughty indeed!
0 Replies

DestinysDad

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:20 am
Impossible to say in general since there are so many different body types and styles.

I like to see girls wearing something that would accent the features they like about themselves both physical and personality wise. The positive self image and personal style are attractive to guys I think since we don't know much else.

To be honest, girls just get dressed up for each other. Girls are not that smart when it comes to being consumers of material culture.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:23 am
When in doubt go with the "slutty librarian".
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:23 am
Please tell all your friends that the best thing to wear would be a skirt with no underwear. I'll be the guy walking around with mirrors on my shoes.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:26 am
DestinysDad wrote:
To be honest, girls just get dressed up for each other. You guys are not that smart when it comes to being consumers of material culture.

That is very true, but it never stopped my ex's from complaining that I hadn't noticed they'd got new shoes, new dress, new haircut...!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:29 am
Now guys, I think materialgirl is rather young, so hold
back with your naughty suggestions.

Something feminine and silky is always appropriate materialgirl. Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:35 am
The ankle length, fairly snug skirts and dresses with the split up the side work well. Slut dresses are good, but not for the office, and you better wear underwear.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:46 am
Re: Guys, what should women wear...
material girl wrote:
Im thinking of going for a smart pair of funky trousers with heels,a white vest top and a bit of sparkly jewelery.

That sounds great. Well, perhaps better without the top. And without the trousers. Yeah, then it would be perfect I think.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 09:48 am
Ahh, grand duke, nice to know my bat wings are welcome.

Calam-Thank you for protecting me against those excitable men.
Id love something feminine and silky.
Dont know what fashion is like with you guys but we(young wholesome ladies like myself)wear smart jeans with heeled boots and ther is an array of little strappy tops/floaty/lacey/cleavagey/silky etc they tend to have a hollywood glamour feel but i just feel like we are stuck in a rut.
Id like ot wear a skirt and heels but Im not used to them and I dont want to feel uncomfortable.

Kickycan-take a cold shower..oh no...Iv ejust remembered what happens to you in a shower.
Thanks for the suggestion but its a bit cold over here, we need as many layers as possible.
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:10 am
My fashion sense has changed little in the 14 years I've been buying my own clothes: Dark, hard-wearing, warm. I dress now pretty much as I did in 1994!

I've seen alot of women dressed as you describe, MG. It looks good on most women. I would like to see more women wearing skirts though. Long Live Legs!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:18 am
Absolutely!!I have 1 friend(a girl) who only wears skirts.Its weird to see her in trousers.She always looks lovely and feminine.
I get the impression that women have to have a bit of 'attitude' about them, hence we wear trousers alot with 'dont mess with me' heels.
It almost like we think we are gona attract guys if we are like them ie trousers/tough attitude.
I hope the opposite is true.I think femininity is coming back to us slowly.
All this skirt wearing is gona require alot of shaving,something I hate.

Nimh, I could be 25 stone for all you know!But Il have a think about your suggestion,hehe.
0 Replies

rodbogey

Reply Tue 8 Mar, 2005 10:27 pm
Girls is skirts are really sexy, but if you're not really comfortable with them just go ahead and use a pair of sexy tight pants with high heels and a strappy top will definitely be a turn on. My advice for you: wear something that you feel sexy with, but also something you feel comfortable with. Guys will notice if you don't feel comfortable with whatever you're wearing and that will surely deduct part of your outfit's success.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:53 am
Thank you Rodbogey,good advice.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 02:54 am
Just realised that I think my insane way of dancing may make any attempt to seduce by my clothes completely pointless!!
0 Replies

VooDoo

Reply Wed 9 Mar, 2005 04:36 am
Well then wear something that will restrict your movements! Smile

But in all seriousness, this is redundant, but wear something that makes you comfortable.
0 Replies