Getting married but far away now...

Reply Mon 7 Mar, 2005 06:24 pm
Well, I got engaged to the girl I had spoke of earlier on this forum. We are very much in love with eachother...so I finally proposed and she said yes. She was pregnant for awhile with my child but unfortunately she lost it as a miscarriage. This was very devestating to our relationship and depressed us both for obvious reasons...but we were getting over it and were still very much in love. Please note that it wasn't our intention to be pregnant but we weren't desiring it. I want to be a father, I'm just not ready to be one. So it may have turned out for the best...

Anyways, she just left for her internship in another city...about 4 hours drive from here. She is living up there now with her friend and will be gone until November. Of course, we have promised eachother that we will drive up there every weekend or two, switch off, etc.. But I don't know if I can have her gone right now.

I fear I will lose her. I fear that I'm going to die while she's gone or something horrible is going to happen to her...just a foolish thought, right? Am I being too obsessive about this? I'm designed so that I can see where I am being domineering and I don't want to be.

Moving there would be difficult and rather stupid...my lease ends in August and if I moved there i'd have to pay rent for both places plus hers. Half of the reason she moved up there is so she can pay off her massive credit card debt with her free rent.

Lots of questions because I've never been married/engaged before...I've never had such a long distance relationship before...we've never spent more than a day apart from eachother...and the loss of the baby is still active in my mind. What should I do? Am I feeling the way I should? I'm feeling very lost and confused about the whole situation...any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 545 • Replies: 0
No top replies