Cohabitation? Help?

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 01:53 pm
I am a college aged female. My best friend is a college aged male. We have been best friends for many years. We’re both (independently) looking for our own apartments. Recently, he brought up the idea of us just living together and splitting the cost. Before anyone starts talking about how that would create temptation between us, let me interject by saying that he is gay. He has absolutely, positively no sexual desire for women. There is zero interest between us. I see him as more of a feminine brother. My question then, lies in the morality of being his roommate. What are your thoughts on this? I don’t know what to do. Is it wrong because of appearances? If so, where is the line drawn between abstaining from the appearance of evil and worrying about other people wrongly judging the situation from the outside?

engineer

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 02:00 pm
@gachev1998,
Lots of people have roommates of the opposite sex. I wouldn't worry about it.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 23 Jul, 2018 05:23 pm
@gachev1998,
If you care so much what other other people think, you are not ready to share an apartment with anyone - because you will never find a housmate that will please all the other people you know.
0 Replies